Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB after 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,297

QB after 1

Sep 2, 2018, 8:18 AM

Everyone had an opinion before they played. Now what do you think? Imo they should split time just like Dabo did. Eventually I think TL will just take over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Yep...a no brainer

Sep 2, 2018, 8:24 AM

since both are very good at what they do, keeps the opposing DC’s up at night, makes our guys happy enough and should have Clemson in its 4th straight CFP.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m a huge supporter of kb. I’m a bigger supporter of Dabo.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:24 AM

I think he knows what he’s doing. And granted I only heard on radio didn’t watch. But, kb who should not have been shaken or jittery at that level of competition (though I give him some space for being first live game), missed some throws. Trevor missed some throws too but then once he settled in he sounded at least like he was just dominant. Kb has still earned some playing time but I think if tl gets even more comfortable, he’s going to take over by mid season if not sooner. One thing I worry about is because of the difference in the velocity of the balls coming out etc how difficult would it be as a wr to time your qb passes if you keep changing QBs. In my opinion kb was solid but once to settled in he “sounded the part” But again I trust Dabo so if he starts kb and plays him I think there is a reason.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and btw I love that amari was one of the most called out names on the radio

Sep 2, 2018, 8:26 AM

We are deep at wr for sure

Re: QB after 1

Sep 2, 2018, 8:28 AM

TL being true freshman and having a learning curve for the position will need to be acclimated to the college game and our offensive system.
Dabo has told us many times that TL is more talented, even Bryant has publically said that they need to get him on the field because of his talent.
Having said that KB has played in big games and proved to be a winner. He is not as talented as a passer, but has found ways to win.
KB starts against T a&m and TL will play a good bit
TL will take over as starter at some point but not this week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 8:30 AM

respect coaches decision more after game one...about even, TL way more upside and monster arm

KB better mesh running read option and more time in the system

Its just a matter time but I feel better knowing KB is there early in this season with his experience should we need a boost or get into trouble

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A cripple kangaroo could QB this team to the playoffs.

Sep 2, 2018, 8:37 AM

There's just too much talent on Clemson's offense for anyone to look bad and it took a ton of substitutes sprinkled in at just the wrong time to keep Furman from turning in negative offensive stats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tis true, and one of my favorite marsupials***

Sep 2, 2018, 8:40 AM

Sep 2, 2018, 8:44 AM

KB looked somewhat improved. His horizontal throws came out slightly quicker and he was much improved on his downfield passing. His first series was bad. I'm sure he'd deny it, but it takes him a while to get warmed up and calmed down. I do think he can be a great QB... but there are some mental issues he needs to address (with regards to dealing with anxiety and being more relaxed to make better throws).

TL looked like a really, really awesome freshman. His knowledge of the offense is deficient right now. Many of the RPO plays had him stumbling into the RB or rolling the wrong way. He also had a nervous arm on his first series. But he's got a much better arm and far better touch than KB. His downfield deep passes are beautiful.

I agree with the previous posters: 1) Glad we have both. 2) TL has more upside and will eventually be QB1.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,297
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic