Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Q Monday article by Kornblut
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,470

Q Monday article by Kornblut

Sep 21, 2017, 4:15 PM

Clemson football after another Auburn commit

By Phil Kornblut

Special to The State

September 21, 2017 9:29 AM

Clemson set its sites Wednesday on another Auburn commitment with an offer to wide receiver Matthew Hill of Snellville, Ga. Meantime, the Tigers continue working Auburn defensive back pledge Quindarious Monday of Atlanta. Clemson secondary coach Mike Reed remains in regular contact trying to convince he picked the wrong set of Tigers.

“He still loves how I play and I’d fit right in,” Monday said. “He’s trying to get me to come down for a visit to watch a game and see how the atmosphere is.”

Monday said he’s expecting Reed to scout him in his game this Friday night.

Monday said it might be tough for him to schedule game trips anywhere because he has a lot of Saturday games coming up.

Auburn, Monday said, also keeps in regular contact and things are basically between the two Tigers.

“I know I love both of the schools and I’ve got to keep thinking it out,” Monday said. “I know it will be hard decision and I’ve got to think it out and see what’s best for me. Clemson does have a chance.

Monday said he’s not sure when he’ll make his final decision.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article174549041.html#storylink=cpy

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Seems like this class is really coming together.***

Sep 21, 2017, 4:24 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keeping my sites set for a websight

Sep 21, 2017, 4:32 PM

with more good info like this!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Q Monday article by Kornblut

Sep 21, 2017, 4:36 PM

I hate the way college recruiting uses the word "commitment." It's a complete misnomer. Maybe I'm old school, but I believe in the pure definition of commitment...a pledge, promise, or obligation...something you honor and don't break, no matter what. When a player "commits" to a school nowadays, none of those 3 things are present. I love my Tigers, but I've noticed Dabo going after more and more players who are already committed to schools. With all of Dabo's great character attributes, it stands to reason that he would honor a player's commitment to another school and not go after him once he commits. But this doesn't seem to be the case, at least not anymore.

Q Monday is obviously "committed" to Auburn in name only.

Sep 21, 2017, 4:57 PM

Why would Dabo and staff not still pursue him if he's open to the process, which he obviously is? If he were truly "committed" to Auburn he would let our staff know and they would back off.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're just about as stupid as stupid gets

Sep 21, 2017, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Q Monday article by Kornblut ]

In this case, Dabo's just returning the favor. With many lies as the Auburn staff's been telling about Clemson on the recruiting trail, Dabo will take everyone of their recruits that he can get to visit. He did it to Tennessee last year after their Feaster lies, Auburn's the one that'll suffer this year for their lies.

Dabo's committed to his commits and expects them to have the same commitment to him.He'll save their spot and won't recruit anyone else if they buy in. Everyone else's commits are fair game and it makes you look like a d@mn Coot whining about it.

Re: You're just about as stupid as stupid gets

Sep 21, 2017, 6:03 PM

I personally don't care what you think about me. I believe commitment is commitment, whether it's to Clemson or to another school. Anything outside of that is dirty. If they don't want it to look dirty, then they need to change the terminology because the way things are now, it's anything but "commitment."

Sep 21, 2017, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Q Monday article by Kornblut ]

Coach Swinney has an understanding and an obligation with recruits. He has no agreement or understanding with other schools. That would be unfair to recruits. Coach Swinney does everything he can to make a commitment with recruits as meaningful as he can He tells them not to commit until they are sure and then not to take other visits when they do commit. If other schools would take this hard stance there would be less comitting until the recruit was absolutely sure. Coach Swinney has absolutely no obligation to another school if their recruited commit contacts Clemson or continues to respond to Clemson. In fact his only obligation is to that young man.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Understand...

Sep 21, 2017, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Q Monday article by Kornblut ]

Dabo has been very clear with this

Player commits elsewhere

Dabo and the coaches ask the player if they still want Clemson to recruit them

If player says yes, then Clemson continues to recruit them

If player says no, we move on

Nothing dirty about this

Monday must have told the coaches he still wants to be recruited by Clemson

End of story

Re: Understand...

Sep 21, 2017, 5:31 PM

I say let this dude rot in Auburn. Screwed us over in July, so let him enjoy a career full of 8-5 seasons on the plains. Anyone that calls themself "smoke" and emulates Sean Taylor isn't what we need.

SMDH***

Sep 21, 2017, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Q Monday article by Kornblut ]

I think Kornbutt has real handle on our program...what a A$$***

Sep 21, 2017, 4:51 PM

Sep 21, 2017, 4:56 PM

Would that not be sights Mr "reporter"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,470
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic