Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Put thread here, because...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Put thread here, because...

Jan 17, 2019, 8:42 AM

Well, theatrics...right?!? ;)

The vitriol directed at a President is easy to understand, albeit generally over-simplified and with no less than a LOT of bias! Targeting one person for blame is easy. Voters seldom blame their Representative or Senator because, they're perfect and, furthermore, they don't know the names of the other Representatives (even in their own state) or Senators...by and large.

It's simply amazing how 535 'we the peoples' representatives'' can live in visible anonymity and free of any accountability, yet the President is always the lightning rod.

Change...it starts at home, folks. Make them do their job. Make them. Oh...and without pay for as long as their fellow 'government workers' are without. I mean, those unpaid workers help place and support them there...with their tax dollars. Be the 'people'...feel their pain...it's only fair.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The President is the person responsible for the shutdown***

Jan 17, 2019, 9:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made no reference

Jan 17, 2019, 9:40 AM

To a single issue. I simply cited how a branch of government is getting a pass for sitting on their haunches while another branch is the lightning rod. Right...wrong...indifferent...doesn't matter. 'We' put them all there...and 'we' are doing little more than bit-chin about what's happening. And...worse of all...we're at each others' throats...instead of targeting the ones we put in office to represent our views.

I'll summarize then shut the Hades up. This past ten days has watched this forum, a microcosm of this nation, devolve from a 'happy' time to immersion in misery once again. It's sad...it's pathetic...and it's proving to be a total waste of energy. Clemson won a title...and yet...with each passing day, I see less of 'Clemson Family' and more of the 'Sound of Silence'...everyone's talking...no one's listening.

Out...

Re: I made no reference

Jan 17, 2019, 9:43 AM

Salty , Im not miserable . I don't get rung up over other's opinions or feelings that may differ from mine .

If anyone allows that to happen to themself there is still a lot of growth needed , as an individual .
Just my opinion .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Your entire last paragraph is clearly referring to the shutdown***

Jan 17, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to I made no reference ]

OK...you win...

Jan 17, 2019, 9:49 AM

I was trying the analogous route, but, take the win. Regardless, I appreciate your insight.

Dug, I'm not miserable either...and didn't mean that in the literal sense, but was sensing that as a general feeling. My faux pas. Still, it's generally dismaying to witness, regardless how one absorbs it personally.

Re: OK...you win...

Jan 17, 2019, 9:52 AM

Oh yeah , no I got what you were laying down .
I am always trying to avoid political discourse except if I am attending a meeting or standing at the voting booth .
Some folks just live for that stuff ... and that's an awful lot of wasted lifetime if you ask me .

Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Personally I'm more than ready to move on to something else***

Jan 17, 2019, 9:55 AM

Thanks for admitting the obvious. I don't see it as winning, though

Jan 17, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to OK...you win... ]

It's just factually correct.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic