Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pup Update
Hall of Fame - General Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Pup Update

Jun 9, 2016, 12:32 PM

Well ####.

He died this morning on his own. I had just made it to the a jobsite when I got the call from my wife...that sucked. Anyways, initial x-rays showed no blockage, no masses, nothing of note. Bloodwork was clean, no joint problems, what the ####? We thought it could possibly be a tick-related issue. He went to the vet Tuesday for a followup and they kept him overnight for fluids and antibiotics. The vets said it wasn't time and they wouldn't string us along. He did OK inthe night, wife went Wednesday to check on him and he had been out to pee. He ate a tiny bit of food and went back to rest. They did another x-ray and found lots of fluid in his chest mixed with blood. This led us to another couple of potential causes of all his sudden issues. One problem had to do with the esophagus and is treatable. The other(s) are untreatable, especially in older dogs. WE e knew what we probably had to do, but the vet encouraged us to give him another night and see if the diuretic could drain the fluid and help his breathing. Wife said we would do that, but he was staying at home last night. She brought him home and he laid on his dog bed. The kids got to pet him and we each spent some time with him. He actually raised his head up for the kids which was really nice to see. He had some morphine, so he slept some, but his breathing got REALLY labored. I kissed him this morning and went to work. Wife said he got up and followed her into the baby's room while she changed him which was a good sign, up and walking around. Went back into our room to his bed and died a few minutes later...####.

RIP Jack

His namesake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hypObpP5sMY

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - General Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic