Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Pulling a Florida State" (2003-present)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,172

"Pulling a Florida State" (2003-present)

Sep 22, 2013, 1:23 PM

2003) 8-1 and 3rd ranked Florida St comes into Death Valley and gets crushed 26-10 by Clemson in a game that wasn't really even that close

2004) #5 FSU rolls into College Park with a 6-1 record and 6-game winning streak only to lose 20-17 to a Maryland team that finished the season 5-6.

2005) #4 FSU (5-0) loses 26-21 to UVA in Charlottesville in a game that they trailed by 16 in the 4th q and were never really in.

7-1 FSU, still ranked #9, gets beat in Tallahassee 20-15 by a mediocre NCSU team which triggers a skid of 3 straight losses, and 4 of the last 5, including 35-14 and 34-7 beat downs at Clemson and Florida. Sounds eerily similar to something Clemson still gets crap for constantly.

2006-09) A bunch of mediocre teams that mostly struggled to finish above .500. The low point was an humiliating 30-0 home loss to Wake Forest.

2010) The first year that FSU was supposed to be "back." A 47-17 shellacking in the 2nd game of the season to the Sooners in Norman tempered expectation a little bit, but 5 straight wins and a #16 ranking once again triggered whispers of "FSU is back."

That talk was short-lived, however, as FSU once again fell to NCSU in a 28-24 game in Raleigh. They followed that up with a 37-35 home loss to UNC the following week. Granted, both were pretty solid teams, but if Clemson still has to hear about losing 31-17 to a good GT team in Atlanta in 2011, FSU shouldn't get a free pass for these.

2011) Definitely the year that FSU was going to be back. The Sooners had to travel to Tally in a game that was supposed to have national title implications, Clemson was down after suffering their first losing season in a decade, and Florida was struggling post-Meyer. Everything was set up for an FSU run.

Unfortunately for the Noles, they let the Sooners get the better of them again beating them not once, but apparently 3 times if you believe some of the media, as FSU fell 35-30 in each of the following two weeks at Clemson and Wake Forest. EJ Manuel was even back from an injury for the game in Winston Salem, so there was really no excuse for FSU.

2012) #3 FSU, who may have really been "back" finally, blows a 16-0 halftime lead in Raleigh getting shut out in the 2nd half, and losing 17-16 to an underdog pack team again.

Wow, that was a lot of typing. I think i would be hard pressed to make a longer list of Clemson "Clemsoning."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome.....FSU CHOKE JOB***

Sep 22, 2013, 1:30 PM

Re: "Pulling a Florida State" (2003-present)

Sep 22, 2013, 1:34 PM

Send this list to Palmer!

Sep 3, 2018, 12:50 AM

why? he can't read. he went to Florida remember?

They don't have ACC academics.

Sep 22, 2013, 1:43 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 22, 2013, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: "Pulling a Florida State" (2003-present) ]

except Palmer and ESPN is unfettered by facts or any accountability for the ignorant bunk they spew.

As far as Palmer I dont want him as a fan or around Clemson in any way. If we could just keep him away from the program I'd be fine. His brand of arrogant stupidity is contagious

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2013, 1:39 PM

They are not above criticism, but they have something on top of us: 3 ACC Championships + 2 division titles compared to our 1 championship and 1(and a halfish) division title - in that 2003-Present time frame.

Nitpick, but we've won the division ouright twice. '09 '11***

Sep 22, 2013, 1:46 PM

Re: Nitpick, but we've won the division ouright twice. '09 '11***

Sep 22, 2013, 1:55 PM

My halfish was in regards to 2012. We were both 7-1, but they had the tiebreaker and the ACC Titles - we still have a trophy though. I included the division titles where the team played and lost the in the ACCCG.

Re: Re: "Pulling a Florida State" (2003-present)

Sep 22, 2013, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: "Pulling a Florida State" (2003-present) ]

Idiot

Could you roll that up and cram it down Jesse's throat?***

Sep 22, 2013, 1:49 PM

been saying the same thing for years.....

Sep 22, 2013, 1:50 PM

along with Georgia, the most poorly coached, underperforming team in the nation when you look at the NFL talent all over the field. I have zero respect for them or Georgia.....you could make a comparable list for UGa as well. Good for them....they'll be licking their wounds just like Georgia when we take care of them. I cannot stand FSU and it goes all the way back to the '80's. The talent they've had there should have gotten them at least three more NC's than they've ever gotten. Instead they've gotten over hyped year in and year out because they national media is in love with them and always will be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone should look at OK pulling an Oklahoma.

Sep 22, 2013, 2:02 PM

Man- how many times have they loat a game they were supposed to win

Re: Someone should look at OK pulling an Oklahoma.

Sep 22, 2013, 2:09 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14363048

I didn't break it down, but I did look at it.

This started when Clemson finally put FSU in their place. Behind Clemson.

Sep 22, 2013, 2:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You see who ESPN's afraid of by who they pick on.

Sep 22, 2013, 5:11 PM

Lots of sleeping giants outside the Somebody Else's Championship conference. Clemson, Texas, Southern Cal, etc., all can become powerhouses with good coaching and recruiting.

The SID Should Send This To Jessie Palmer...***

Sep 22, 2013, 5:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,172
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic