Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proof SEC over-rated and had down year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Proof SEC over-rated and had down year

Jan 9, 2013, 11:44 AM

ACC was 4 - 2 (67%) in bowls. ACC played 2 ranked teams (2 of 6 or 33%) in bowls. ACC finished with 2 ranked teams and 2 top ten teams.
Big 10 was 2 - 5 (43%) in bowls. Big 10 played 3 ranked teams (3 of 7 or 48%) in bowls. Big 10 finished with 3 ranked teams and 0 top ten teams.
Big 12 was 4 - 5 (44%) in bowls. Big 10 played 3 ranked teams (3 of 9 or 33%) in bowls. Big 12 finished with 3 ranked teams and 1 top ten team.
Big East was 3 - 2 (60%) in bowls. Big East played 1 ranked team (1 of 5 or 20%) in bowls. Big East finished with 1 ranked team and 0 top ten teams.
PAC 12 was 4 - 4 (50%) in bowls. PAC 12 played 3 ranked teams (3 of 8 or 38%) in bowls. PAC 12 finished with 3 ranked teams and 2 top ten teams.
SEC was 6 - 3 (67%) in bowls. SEC played 7 ranked teams (7 of 9 or 78%) in bowls. SEC finished with 7 ranked teams and 5 top ten teams.

SEC was tied with ACC with best bowl winning percentage.
SEC played the highest percentage of ranked teams in bowls.
SEC finished with 4 more top 25 teams than any other conference.
SEC finished with 5 top 10 teams. Other conferences had 5 combined top 10 teams.
SEC had national champion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until the SEC stops dominating the national championship

Jan 9, 2013, 11:45 AM

I think we should stop b*tching about their ratings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean Bama, not the SEC

Jan 9, 2013, 11:48 AM

3 out of the last 4 goes to Bama. Bama is in a whole different league from the rest of the SEC.

No, I mean the SEC

Jan 9, 2013, 12:03 PM

Auburn, Florida, and LSU have also won at least one MNC in the last 10 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn, Florida, and LSU are also-rans now

Jan 9, 2013, 12:35 PM

Those old teams have no bearing on the current reality. I'm not sure you can make a championship case for any of them next year. LSU loses a ton on defense, Auburn is still wandering in the desert, Florida is still going to be an overrated piece of crap next year.

I think Bama pulls the perception of the league up a whole lot. LSU is a consistently strong team. After that, you can basically pull names from a hat to fill out the rest of the rankings.

The old hat trick? That's exactly how ESPiN does it.***

Jan 9, 2013, 12:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not making a championship case for them. I'm simply

Jan 9, 2013, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Auburn, Florida, and LSU are also-rans now ]

recognizing the reality that the SEC has been dominating the CFB world by winning the championship seemingly every year. All of your rationalizations won't change that. Clemson fans need to quit our b*tchin about the SEC because it makes us look stupid.

They've had the most opportunities

Jan 9, 2013, 1:06 PM

Of course they're going to win the most as is such. Especially when you get the moronic case where it's two SEC teams. Look what is determining who gets a shot in that championship game: The BCS and the media

I think you're missing the point of the entire thread: Top to bottom, the SEC is overrated this year, and has been in the past. Their top 3 teams are a legitimate force each year, but after that, its' a crapshoot.

Florida and LSU are also-rans now? You can't be much

Jan 9, 2013, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Auburn, Florida, and LSU are also-rans now ]

more wrong.

LSU was undefeated and in the title game LAST YEAR. LSU was one play away from beating Bama, winning the West, and playing UGA for a spot in the title game THIS YEAR. That's an also-ran?

Florida went 11-1 in the regular season, and was potentially one goal line fumble away from an undefeated regular season and a chance at playing for a spot in the title game. That's an also-ran?

And next year Texas A&M is going to really good again and they host Bama in College Station.

I'd love to agree

Jan 9, 2013, 12:06 PM [ in reply to You mean Bama, not the SEC ]

but Georgia would've beat ND just as bad.

Re: I'd love to agree

Jan 9, 2013, 12:29 PM

I don't think this is true at all. UGA vs Bama was not a National Championship game. UGA does not have Saban, has not been their before and has shown the ability to blow it in big games. Just because UGA played Bama close doesn't mean the outcome would be the same vs ND.

null

It's been proven time and time again that Saban is

Jan 9, 2013, 1:20 PM [ in reply to I'd love to agree ]

virtually impossible to beat when he has a month + to prepare. Look at what he's done in national championship games, and look at what's he's done in these big, season opening games obliterating Clemson, VT, and Michigan.

Richt doesn't have that kind of track record, and UGA isn't as big and physical as Bama.

Re: You mean Bama, not the SEC

Jan 9, 2013, 12:53 PM [ in reply to You mean Bama, not the SEC ]

You could argue that if Bama didn't exist, LSU would have won the national championship last year, Georgia may have won this year, and Florida absolutely would have won in the 2009/2010 season.

LSU and UGA aren't Bama, though

Jan 9, 2013, 12:58 PM

So all we can do is "Coulda, shoulda, woulda". I could also argue that had Ohio State not been on suspension, they would have beat Bama, but that's all guesswork.

LSU and Georgia have some very real flaws. I'm not sure they're capable of putting the beating on ND that Bama did. But we'll never know...

Ohio St wasn't even as good as ND this year. They would've

Jan 9, 2013, 1:22 PM

gotten spanked just like they did in their last two trips to the title game. Maybe with a few years under Urban Meyer they will be able to compete, but they really weren't there yet this season.

Also, if Bama doesn't exist

Jan 9, 2013, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: You mean Bama, not the SEC ]

Does this change enough as far as competition in the SEC to the point where they are no longer the media darling they are now? Without Bama there to set the standard, does the rest of the conference slip?

SEC is a self-fulling prophecy. Those rankings mean jack imo***

Jan 9, 2013, 11:47 AM

But Clemso beat LSU and Florida got curbstomped!

Jan 9, 2013, 11:48 AM

Surely this means that the SEC is horrible except for Bama! >.>

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, just means Florida didn't deserve their pre-bowl rank of

Jan 9, 2013, 12:25 PM

#3 and that Clemson is as good as an upper tier SEC team...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's that got to do with Clemson?

Jan 9, 2013, 11:49 AM

We don't live and die by how our conference does here at Clemson. We take pride in our school we don't have to resort to conference pride.

The only record that matters this year to Clemson is:

Clemson 2, SEC 1

Suck it, ######!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? You'll say you don't live and die by the conference,

Jan 9, 2013, 11:50 AM

then post your record against that conference as proof of superiority..? What kind of circular contradictory logic to you practice?

Talk about logic--Cooter fans here on Tigernet--a head

Jan 9, 2013, 12:01 PM

scratcher.

You suffering from shell shock?

Jan 9, 2013, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Really? You'll say you don't live and die by the conference, ]

I didn't initiate the sec/acc thing the op did. I inject Clemson in place of the ACC to defend Clemson against the world. I could just have eaisly said 11-2 but that wouldn't have related to the op's contention that the sec is so wonderful.

I apologize for such a simple chain of thought. I know it insults someone like you with such deep understand of logic and reason.

Oh yeah, you forgot to suck it!***

Jan 9, 2013, 12:03 PM

No, but I was curious as to the reasoning.

Jan 9, 2013, 12:04 PM [ in reply to You suffering from shell shock? ]

Actually, thanks for clearing that up. Not trying to pick a fight, just didn't get the "Conference doesn't matter, we're 2-1 over a conference this year."

Sorry if my confusion rubbed you the wrong way, chief.

Your logic fails me.

Jan 9, 2013, 12:25 PM

Really? You'll say you don't live and die by the conference,
Posted: Jan 9, 2013 11:50 AM

then post your record against that conference as proof of superiority..? What kind of circular contradictory logic to you practice?

Note that your subject line refers to a statement I made. The conference I was talking about, which you well know, is clearly the ACC.

Then the body of your post goes off on a tangent and indicated that I was talking about the SEC as the subject of my 'live or die,' conference. I only said 'live,' you interject 'die.'

After all that spin you insult my reasoning and accuse me of having circular logic. Circular logic is making a statement and using your statement to prove that your statement is true. "I said it so it must be true cause I wouldn't lie and I don't make mistakes."

Oh yeah, calling a Native American 'Chief,' is racist and you forgot to suck it again.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

You can make anything you want to about race. I don't know

Jan 9, 2013, 12:33 PM

you as a Native American, and personally don't care. I don't see race, never have. Not that it matters since you look exactly like everyone else here: A poster on a message board.

I call pretty much everyone chief, more as a habit from my time in the World's finest Navy than as an insult to anyone. It's a generic term much like bub or buddy, and is actually what you call an E-7 in the US Navy.

If you find that offensive, then thanks for sharing. However, I can see you just want to be confrontational (and hey, it's a message board, right?)so, have at it.

The race thing was a joke. I'm 1/16 Cherokee.

Jan 9, 2013, 12:39 PM

The logic thing wasn't. You insult a Clemson grads' logic by spinning their statement then go off telling how long you served in the military to distract from the truth and accuse me of being confrontational?

No, the military thing was an explanation.

Jan 9, 2013, 12:46 PM

And I never said how long I served. It's not about me. In fact, I'm not posting on the subject any longer. I didn't spin a statement, I merely felt that it was hypocritical to say the conference doesn't matter, then post a record against a conference. If I overstated it a bit, I apologize. In fact I've already tried to be civil a few times. This is my last response on this particular line of thought.

Re: Really? You'll say you don't live and die by the conference,

Jan 9, 2013, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Really? You'll say you don't live and die by the conference, ]

Well, Clemson beat one ranked team. 1 out of 3 is nothing to be ashamed about.

Re: What's that got to do with Clemson?

Jan 9, 2013, 12:07 PM [ in reply to What's that got to do with Clemson? ]

...and that is one of the problems. Maybe if we could produce a run of national champions we could chant ACC ACC ACC...who wants to be associated with that now with our conference bowing out in the BCS every year and not even getting a sniff at the Championship game.

Not me. My diploma says CLEMSON.***

Jan 9, 2013, 12:27 PM

Why don't you two get a motel room so you can have your

Jan 9, 2013, 11:49 AM

SECks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot!***

Jan 9, 2013, 12:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Info & stats sound about right...so SEC is a notch above ACC

Jan 9, 2013, 12:06 PM

STILL! But Clemson is gaining ground with their 2 of 3 victories over SEC teams..and maybe another one in Sept over Dawgs. Stay tuned!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When our D shuts the leg humpers down ESPiN will repeat...

Jan 9, 2013, 12:31 PM

the same phrase they used after the LSU debacle.

"UGAY has an anemic offense."

When we score 40 on them the ESPiN chant will be,

"Mange, fleas or the ###### in heat distracted them that day!"

Any time you work this hard to make a point, and the point

Jan 9, 2013, 12:47 PM

is still very weak, then you don't have anything.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would give you 2 thumbs down if I could***

Jan 9, 2013, 12:58 PM

Re: Proof SEC over-rated and had down year

Jan 9, 2013, 1:29 PM

And this is your reason for them being "over-rated and had down year"!!! LMAO!!!

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic