Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Preserving autograph...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,213

Preserving autograph...

Mar 23, 2019, 10:39 AM

Last weekend at the Greenville autograph session, I had Ben Boulware & Kendall Joseph sign 1 of the 2016 coke bottles I had at the house. I know that casings & frames can be done for things like jerseys, helmets, photos, & magazines but a coke bottle would be out of the norm. Anyone that has done 1 have any tips or ideas for preserving the signatures on the bottle?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Preserving autograph...

Mar 23, 2019, 10:46 AM

Could you spray a clear coating over them?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2019, 11:00 AM

That would work bc I have done it before but, it must be done with a spray, and very light coats at a time making sure each coat is dry before applying the next!!! Do that, and it will be hard to tell that it was done if the entire bottle is done the same way at the same time. It will run if it isn't very light coats!!! Several coats should last a very long time, damp cloth and air dry when cleaning....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My brother mentioned doing clear coating on it

Mar 23, 2019, 11:41 AM

Have also come across where someone had an unsigned collector's bottle encased in acrylic, but not too familiar w/ the process and don't want to expose the bottle to anything that would fade/destroy the signatures.

Mar 23, 2019, 12:22 PM

Pretty sure that putting Any type of clear coating over it ruins any future value but you probably aren't planning to sell. (Never know)
Putting it in a clear acrylic box could be nice. Shops that do framing can make those.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No plans on selling

Mar 23, 2019, 1:04 PM

Hence why the clear coating won't bother me. When I'm talking about encased, I mean the whole thing is covered in a block of acrylic, although I've seen where someone had 1 of the bottles done up in a frame.

Appreciating the input, guys

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,213
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic