Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Potato Chip News
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,977

Potato Chip News

May 10, 2018, 8:05 PM

When you go to the store to get some 'tater chips, do you just grab the first bag you come to and head for the check out counter? Well fellows, there is an art to buying 'tater chips and it could mean the difference that you are getting full-sized chips or crumbs or, a mixture of both.

Several months ago I was in a grocery store and checking on some 'tater chips. An elderly lady, maybe at my age I should refer to her as a matronly lady, wanted some 'tater chips but the ones she wanted were on a shelf out of her reach so she asked me to hand her a bag. I grabbed the first bag on the shelf and told her there was an art in buying chips. First, 'tater chip companies hire the cheapest and least intelligent people they can find and this is where the Gamecock PhD grads rank highest. Their job is to pre-crush every bag before it leaves the plant, but very few can even do a half-way job crushing the chips so you want to look for the bags with the least crushed chips.. I showed her how to check the height of the chips in the bag. The chips are sold by weight so there is always a little extra space in the bag. Always select the bag that feels like it is the fullest and that will be the one with the fewest broken chips. Turning the bag upside down can also give you a clue. But always remember the old Charmin ad, "Please don't squeeze the Charmin". Please don't squeeze the chips.

Well, that matronly lady started checking 'tater chip bags on the lower shelves and finally said to me, "thanks for the tip sir, I now know what to do when I buy my chips".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tater poast ^

May 10, 2018, 8:07 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tater poast ^

May 10, 2018, 10:28 AM

Joe does not give the women a break. He even hits on them in the tater chip aisle. Wonder what he does on the candy aisle ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beats 'em off with a stick, I'm guessing

May 10, 2018, 8:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIOv1LTEEnk

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Potato Chip News

May 10, 2018, 8:14 PM

You're Tater royalty for sure!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 8:30 PM

I bet ol' Joe has the highest TU/poast ratio of anyone here. 3806 TUs to 1251 poasts= 3.04 TUs/poast. Any regular here think they can beat that? Good luck..

May 10, 2018, 10:29 PM

TU/words ratio, on the other hand.... haha

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 8:39 PM

Joe, I'm thinking you could be a "tater tot".......

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2018, 10:11 PM

Is this real ?***

May 11, 2018, 11:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2018, 12:31 PM

Some of you probably say to heck with 'tater chips, give me some of those French Fries. They sure do taste good but don't brag too much just yet. The next time you order FFs, place a few on a napkin and leave them there until they are cold. Now, look at that napkin. There's enough grease on the napkin to grease the axles on three two-horse drawn wagons. Even 'teter chips don't get a free ride. If you have upholstery in your vehicle, let your children drop some crumbs on that upholstery and take a peek at it a couple of days later. If you don't have children of your own, borrow some from your neighbors and let them drop some 'tater chip crumbs on the upholstery, the result will be the same.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2018, 2:49 PM

I raised 3 "tater chips" of my own. All 3 became "chips off the old block" when they received their Clemson degrees. Best is the Standard when rating tater chips.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,977
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic