Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Political correctness has no place in sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,231

Political correctness has no place in sports

Mar 25, 2016, 9:47 AM

2 leading stories today are about a kid from Oregon getting punked in the media by Coach K for making an uncontested 3 near the buzzer to avoid a shotclock violation/turnover,
and then some kid "making" the great Phil Mickelson tap in from a foot away rather than conceding in matchplay

People need to get over themselves and play the sport the way its supposed to be played. Enough of this sissy crap. Play to the buzzer or shut it. 100% all the time. Its gonna apply to Clemson this year for the first time in decades as the #1 team but i just dont give a crap about whose feelings get hurt-- play to win, play to kill the other team, throw bombs in the 4thQ when ur up 49. Thats life. Deal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What sports do your kids Play?***

Mar 25, 2016, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Rollerball***

Mar 25, 2016, 9:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sportsmanship =/= political correctness***

Mar 25, 2016, 9:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Is this =/= supposed to be an Asian guy with a broken nose and

Mar 25, 2016, 9:56 AM

No sleep ?

Rassist. .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

not very PC of you***

Mar 25, 2016, 10:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uncontested three?????

Mar 25, 2016, 10:25 AM

He was uncontested the last 20 seconds. All he was trying to do was find iron so the clock would keep running. heck I(I'm almost 67...) coulda gone to the hoop for a layup and bricked it so the clock kept going....

Kkjjpadscnjcv;lijCVlivnlv-ski will have some slots to fill next year. Alle and Ingram are gone the way of last years' one-and-doners....

Political correctness has no place in ANYTHING...

Mar 25, 2016, 10:33 AM

It is merely the left's attempt to provide cover for their Marxist schemes, which require that the old abnormal is the new normal....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All these attempts to never hurt someones feelings lead to

Mar 25, 2016, 10:43 AM

even worse hurt feelings when someone gets their feelings hurt. They can't cope, so they go about doing bad stuff. Humans, we had a nice run, but it may be time to check out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Political correctness has no place in ANYTHING...

Mar 25, 2016, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Political correctness has no place in ANYTHING... ]

Excellent. When in the doubt, run to crazy.

PC is more about being polite and courteous. Something any Southern boy's mama should have taught him. It's too easy to be a jerk. Try to challenge yourself and be polite.

actually PC goes beyond simple courtesy and politeness***

Mar 25, 2016, 10:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, sure, make sure you don't insult the tranny...

Mar 25, 2016, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Political correctness has no place in ANYTHING... ]

...by telling IT that IT is actually (biologically) still a man because IT still has male genitalia...

...and make sure you don't insult the homosexual by telling IT that IT can't biologically continue the species because IT can't reproduce as nature intended, which tends to expose IT as UNNATURAL...

...and make sure you don't insult the illegal immigrant by telling IT that IT shouldn't be here because we have a border and we have LAWS that say so, which kind of makes IT, well, ILLEGAL...

...and make sure you don't insult the welfare recipient by telling IT they won't hold down a job and support themselves and because of that the rest of us must support IT...

PC won't allow you to state the obvious that ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE F@CKED, which is "something any Southern boy's mama should have taught him."...

Wow, for this post, I am sorry that I have but

Mar 25, 2016, 11:43 AM

one thumbs down to give.

HEY! YOU LEFT OUT TALKING ABOUT THE FEEBLE MINDED!***

Mar 25, 2016, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Yeah, sure, make sure you don't insult the tranny... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, sure, make sure you don't insult the tranny...

Mar 25, 2016, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Yeah, sure, make sure you don't insult the tranny... ]

Wait...be honest, your really ghey aren't you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet you wish you could lynch people still, don't you?***

Mar 25, 2016, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Yeah, sure, make sure you don't insult the tranny... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Nothing Politicol can ever be correct.***

Mar 25, 2016, 7:57 PM

I agree

Mar 25, 2016, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Political correctness has no place in ANYTHING... ]

Along those lines, I can hardly watch any of these pasty pantywaste "sports hosts" due to their being so friggin' girly men effeminate. If I want to watch women talk football I'll find a women's talk show. Oh but they're so PC, don't offeeennnndd them! And then half of any forum poster starts their opinion with, "I'm sorry but...." Hell! Have an opinion and DON'T frigging apologize. Some foreigners (lib/dem/etc) have gone so far with this crap that one day they're going to bend over so far they'll have to get their head out of their own ####. Nobody has an opinion any more because they don't want to o-o-o-offeenndd. Grow a pair and speak your mind. Try it, go ahead. You know why? Because I'm hairy chested, full of testosterone, have quite the pair, and most importantly I'm not.....heaven forbid....offended!

Now that everyone has enjoyed a rousing round of being offended, seriously guys, PC is a Marxist ideology that stifles free speech and thought. It's hidden behind the notion of not "offending."

As for the first graph, I approve of that pro-American message.

Re: I agree

Mar 25, 2016, 12:04 PM

I would have made Phil putt it. One of the greatest short games and shotmakers to ever walk the earth but he has missed a few of those in his career because he hits his short putts hard. Especially to win the match, people need to get over that one.

This post is so far off the mark, its embarrassing

Mar 25, 2016, 4:08 PM

Political correctness is used in a derogatory manner by bigots. Try replacing the term 'PC' with 'respectful' or 'dignified' and you'll understand.

Now - to the two examples you've chosen.
Duke needs to just get over it. They lost ... and badly. That is just lousy sportsmanship. If you don't want them to score, play better defense. If the other team shuts it down early, fine. Maybe they are classy folks ... but if they don't you still have nothing to complain about.

On the tap-in. Its golf: finish it. If your playing partner concedes, great. If not, go play. Perfect example with the Duke one above.

But neither of these are about respect, dignity or being PC, if you like. There is lots of room in sports for being repectful ... in winning and losing.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

pretty sure neither of those have anything to do with

Mar 25, 2016, 4:22 PM

political correctness.

Geez people are using that "No PC crap!!" card for anything these days

Not to confuse the thread with facts....but

Mar 25, 2016, 5:10 PM

Your use of the term 'political correctness" to describe those to writings is incorrect. I see the term being used a lot on this board to apply to things it has nothing to do with.

To be helpful, this is what Mirriam Webster says "political correctness" actually means:

po·lit·i·cal cor·rect·ness
noun
the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

which has squadoosh to do with a kid making a 3 pointer or anyone making Mickelson do anything.

Just trying to help... :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Play by the rules when the game in underway...

Mar 25, 2016, 8:11 PM

and try not to hurt feelings after the buzzer sounds. I hate PChit as much as anyone but being an ashhole about someone being gay, fat, black, having a big nose or a little goober is just wrong.

OK, so I'm a gay, fat, black guy with a big nose and a little goober. If you laugh you lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Political correctness has no place in sports

Mar 25, 2016, 8:19 PM

This article should be removed. This is not a political blog

Ever hear Vince Dooley discuss his upcoming opponent???

Mar 25, 2016, 8:28 PM

"Coach-speak"

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,231
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic