Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Five Stars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,838

Plyler's Blog: Five Stars

Jan 28, 2015, 11:32 AM

Five Stars

Five Stars
I know that some people live and die with recruiting rankings, while others present facts of how hard it is to predict success based upon the star rankings.

Mike Bellamy was a five star that didn't turn out at Clemson and Levon Kirkland was not highly recruited guy that the

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Five Stars

Jan 28, 2015, 11:53 AM

Hopefully we'll add Feaster to that list too, I'm sure he'll be a 5* RB. I def see us having an equally good class next year with 2-3 5*s. They don't all pan out, but if you get enough of them, it will show on the field. We've always done a good job getting those diamond in the rough 2-3* guys as well.

Jan 28, 2015, 12:08 PM

This will be the highest ranked recruiting class Clemson has ever had.... we will not know for 4 or 5 years from now if it is the most successful.
I would say that the biggest change under Coach Swinney is that there are Clemson DL invited to the NFL combine, + at least one LB. I do not remember a Clemson class that had more participants in the NFL combine than this one.
This years class has 4 or 5 DL prospects, one 5*DT and a 4*DT. Previous coaches like TB might sign one DT every other year. We have 2 returning DTs on the roster next year that have started at least one game.
About 4 years ago, I commented on another web site that coach Swinney appeared to be recruiting the deepest DL that Clemson had ever had, they called me some bad names and questioned my intelligence, but I was correct. I think that there is a chance for next years starting front 7 to be better than this years. The difference will be experienced depth that we had this year.
I see the coaching staff is starting to put together OL classes to rival the DL. Every NatChamp over the last 5 years has had at least one top 5 rated OL class... I think we are in the top 5 OL recruiting class this year and may be next year as well.

Well...since you predicted it...you must be smart.***

Jan 28, 2015, 12:24 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Well...since you predicted it...you must be smart.***

Jan 28, 2015, 12:48 PM

I make a lot of predictions. If I made accurate predictions, I would spend some time betting on sports.
A stopped clock is correct twice a day.... but I would not put money on the time it displayed.

Jan 28, 2015, 12:30 PM

56 four and five stars for OSU is an ungodly number. Considering that alot of them don't redshirt and some don't even stay four years, that's probably averaging about 15 four or five stars per year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,838
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic