Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please feed the RBs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,126

Please feed the RBs

Sep 24, 2018, 2:04 PM

I am praying that we feed our backs more than we did last year in our loss against Syracuse. Our top 3 backs had only 15 carries combined while averaging over 9 yards a carry to go along with 2 TDs. So far this year.....

ETN = 8.5 (great balance and explosion)
Feaster = 5.7 (obviously quicker this year...big burst against GA Tech)
Choice = 5.7 (knees and shoulder pads)
Dixon = 7.9 (great patience)

Feed 'dem hongry monsters!

That is all. Thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please feed the RBs

Sep 24, 2018, 2:27 PM

You have no worries on that now that TL is the starter. I don't foresee TL being the individual with the most rush attempts of the team like we had with KB....now that KB is taking less runs in the game from the RB's, the RB's should be taking more.

Sep 24, 2018, 2:36 PM

Yea good point Tigerman. I just don't want us to rely on TL's arm too much, but I realize it is hard not to throw it all over the field with his arm talent. In the GT game he was throwing 10 yard outs from the left hash to the right sideline. Those are NFL throws. I just want to see a continuation of the balance between pass and run that we saw against GT. Our backs are starting to crank it up.

Sep 24, 2018, 3:42 PM

I think we'll see a pretty balanced attack. They don't need to get one dimensional the other way either, and I don't think Tony Elliott would anyways. He tends to like to favor the run when he can, and doesn't abandon it too often...just depends on what the defenses give us.

Sep 24, 2018, 2:51 PM

TL and the staff will take whatever the opposing D gives them. It’s truly a “pick your poison” scenario for the opposing team with TL at QB. He can hand it off to a stable of fresh backs that’ll get 4-6 yards a carry, or he can throw it to one of many receivers that can burn a defense for 15-20 yards a catch. It’s really up to them.... glad I’m watching from this side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 2:53 PM

With Lawrence in we will definitely feed them more cause he won’t run Trevor like kelly. This is the perfect situation and going forward it’s best for the team if running backs get the carries and not KB

Sep 24, 2018, 3:39 PM

You all make great points. I'm also looking to see if we can mix in a few more touches in the rb screen game (6 catches total thus far) to definitely stress the defense even further. The screen game hasn't been perfect thus far, but I'm sure it is an opportunity the coaching staff will exploit. It will help keep the defense from pinning back their ears seeking to get in the backfield. Looking forward to Saturday.

Sep 24, 2018, 4:24 PM

Against g tech if ETN would’ve cut left like he was supposed to we had a great okay set up. I like those middle screens better than outside screens

Sep 24, 2018, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Please feed the RBs ]

The Utah pass is there to take advantage of. If etienne gets past the dl and to the second level a lot of good things can happen.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,126
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic