Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Playoff prediction cop outs by ESPiN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,495

Playoff prediction cop outs by ESPiN

Oct 14, 2019, 8:24 AM

Only 6 of 13 analysts have Clemson in the CFP playoffs. However, they include a caveat that these are not predictions of who will make the playoff. At the end of the year all of them will be arguing that the 4 best teams should be in. Meanwhile, they are going to put out their list of "most deserving" teams that is naturally filled with SEC and B1G schools. I understand people not viewing us as #1 or even #2. I could even buy one oddball not considering us top 4. However, when less than half of your panel of experts considers Clemson a top 4 team, you need a new panel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I posted yesterday that several panelists have

Oct 14, 2019, 8:31 AM

included two or three SEC teams in their CFP predictions, which is sheer lunacy.

There are real politics involved whether anyone wants to believe it or not, for the CFP can not consistently or even too often include two or more teams from one P5 conference, particularily the SEC.

The other P5's won't tolerate it, the result of which would be the death of the CFP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll add one final thought...an entirely prejudicial

Oct 14, 2019, 8:38 AM

one....I don't like ESPN's involvement in predictions, power rankings and polls. Never have, don't now and never will.

That dislike is due to perception of bias on their part whether real or imaginery. Check sports' sites across the nation, and you'll find a common thread alleging the same perception. A dangerous and ominous problem for that network.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And I posted yesterday that several panelists have

Oct 14, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to And I posted yesterday that several panelists have ]

Barton’s, It’ll just force the CFP to expand.

Re: Playoff prediction cop outs by ESPiN

Oct 14, 2019, 8:35 AM

The main difference is that these talking heads aren't accountable for their picks. The CFP committee is.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Playoff prediction cop outs by ESPiN

Oct 14, 2019, 8:36 AM

You’ve got that right!

Few of them understand what they’re doing.

Any sensible projection include teams from 4 different confidences, one being Clemson who has the easiest path to being undefeated. There are enough dominant teams, I doubt SEC gets two in. If Clemson is undefeated, THERE IS NO WAY IN HEII they get left out by the committee.

The committee is NOT the same as the dunces at ESPiN

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,495
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic