»
Topic: Players that stood out to me..
Replies: 6   Last Post: Aug 30, 2019 10:22 AM by: Salty55
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Players that stood out to me..

[4]
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 8:30 AM

Other than the obvious (Etienne, Simmons and Tee), some players that jumped out to me last night:

OL - Carman (that block on Etienne's run was a thing of beauty and he pretty much kept the left side quiet all night on pass plays
Bockhorst (I may be his biggest fan. Dude is just a mauler and I like Simpson, Cervenka and Bockhorst across the interior. Was glad to see him working the right side so he and Simpson can play at the same time)

DL - Davis (that dude is going to be a stud if he's not already. To think we have him for at least three years is very reassuring)
- XT (just has a burst unlike any other and was very disciplined in the run game as well)

LB - Chad Smith (seemed to be all over the place)
- Spector (wow, other than Simmons, he may have played the best of any LB...going to be a really good one)

SEcondary wasn't tested enough for anyone to stand out.

Great to see some new (and old) blood step up when they got their chance last night.

I was impressed with Lyn-J Dixon's pass blocking

[4]
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 8:35 AM

and Ngata's run blocking. Tanner Muse had a very solid game, made a couple tough tackles.I just thought the effort by every player on the field was outstanding.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Players that stood out to me..

[3]
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 8:52 AM

Nolan Turner was flying all over the field and made several good plays. He was a good surprise to me last night.

Trevor’s running.

[3]
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 8:59 AM

He was pretty good at that last year, but looked like a major improvement to me last night.

2019 white level member

How about B.T. Potter?

[1]
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 9:17 AM

Dude has a leg!

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: How about B.T. Potter?

[1]
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 10:15 AM

Spiers also looked improved. Let us hope it continues.

2019 orange level member

Tyler Davis...

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 10:22 AM

How can anyone be built like he is and weigh 300 pounds! And XT. Those guys are freaks.

Lastly...Ngata. He's going to be scary good! He's one of the most fluid runners I've ever seen. I've not seen that kind of running style since Bellamy...but, please, no Bellamy repeat!

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: 4 tickets in section UN row Z. These seats are under overhand, so totally dry. I also have a lot 1...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1257 people have read this post