Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Players earning revenues for their likeness should also pay
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Players earning revenues for their likeness should also pay

Aug 5, 2020, 6:48 AM

If college football goes to this new model of players earning money, then those same players should also pay for expenses; for example, maybe they should not be given scholarships and pay their own tuition and living expenses with their revenues. Also they should participate in paying the expenses of running the program. A football program has huge expenses and the players should pay for that too...out of their revenues. If players become part of the business, business is all about revenue minus expenses. The model should probably go like this; The player can keep what is left over if his revenues are enough to cover his tuition/living expenses and program costs allocated to him. IPTAY may not be needed as much, it may only need to cover those players who don't earn revenue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Players earning revenues for their likeness should also pay

Aug 5, 2020, 7:20 AM

And what happens when a free lance photographer snaps a picture(s),enlarges it,and sells it on the black market.line.How do you deal with that money.
Or some company makes knock off jerseys with a players name and number?
And do you really think that most of these players will make enough to help run the program?
And how much should they contribute?
And if Coaches get money for wearing a particular shoe,should they not have to give part of money that to the program?
And why should a coach get revenue for graduating 90% of his players.Is he teaching Economics 101 after practice?
This is a complex issue,to say the least so I suggest you submit your ideas to the President,the Board of Directors( or Regents),The Athletic Director,and lastly,the NCAA.

Re: Players earning revenues for their likeness should also pay

Aug 8, 2020, 6:50 AM

...thanks, your questions are excellent and would have to be worked out as part of a plan because it is complex...I agree with you.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic