Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PlayStation Vue Users please help
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 754

PlayStation Vue Users please help

Sep 15, 2019, 12:19 PM

I am considering dropping U-verse and going with Playstation Vue but I am very confused about their rules. I have 3 TVs in my house and have an AppleTV on my main TV and can easily add Roku or Firestick to the other 2. So far no problem. Here’s the question - I share a condo in Clemson for games and we have 1 TV (currently on U-verse) with an AppleTV. Could I also use my Playstation Vue there with the Apple TV as long as no one is watching from my home?
One place on Playstation’s site it appeared that only mobile devices and computers could use the non home feed do want to make sure my AppleTV will still work from the condo.
I also read that if I don’t set a hone device I could get 3 simultaneous feeds so maybe that is also an option?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes and yes***

Sep 15, 2019, 12:25 PM

Have had PS Vue since start of 2018 football season. Been

Sep 15, 2019, 1:09 PM

happy with it for the most part. DVR still a bit wiggy for me but whatever. I use it in my house on 3 TVs with Rokus with no issues. Went through a spell where my location would change to Columbia, and I would have to go online and change it back to get the correct local stations. So yes, you can change your location. I have never tried to take a Roku somewhere else and use the same account, but that functionality seems to be there. It MAY be that all TVs on your account could be allowed only 1 home location, so if you change for one they may all change. Would really only impact your local tv news.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have had PS Vue since start of 2018 football season. Been

Sep 15, 2019, 3:03 PM

Columbia! That's the worst. Might as well of change location to Baghdad!

Can't help but think that psv knows I am a Tiger and is

Sep 15, 2019, 3:29 PM

trying to tick me off

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is what I have observed for PS Vue:

Sep 15, 2019, 2:35 PM

You can have up to 3 simultaneous streams on one account from any combination of: Roku, Fire TV Stick, and Apple TV regardless of their location. If you have 3 streams going on the aforementioned devices, you can still get up to 2 more streams (for a total of 5) via a Windows PC or android (cell-phone/tablet) device.

I have a Roku box/Fire TV Stick on every TV in my house (7 total). Whenever a TV is not in use I shut off the PS Vue app in order to avoid using one of my 3 simultaneous streams. I have watched 2 simultaneous PS Vue streams on Roku devices at my house, while a family member simultaneously watches a 3rd PS Vue stream via a Roku box at another location with no issues. So...as long as you turn off the PS Vue app on boxes that you aren't actively watching I think you will be Ok when you are at your condo.

PS... I've heard that you can get away without a home device for 30 days and then will be forced to designate a home device. Don't know if this is true as I saw no reason not to designate my most watched TV as the "home device".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is what I have observed for PS Vue:

Sep 15, 2019, 5:45 PM

Very helpful! Sounds like the Apple TV will work from the condo and I can kiss U-verse goodbye!!

Re: PlayStation Vue Users please help

Sep 15, 2019, 6:01 PM

Make sure you get the right sports package that includes ACCN..
It’s only $5 a month more than the tier below....
I’ve been using PSVUE for a 2-3 years now and have been happy with it (and the Amazon fire devices I use for streaming.)

I agree with the comment on the DVR ...it takes some getting used to, but it works..

Replies: 7
| visibility 754
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic