Topic: Pitching was encouraging
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 16, 2019 8:25 PM by: kerigantoo®
[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Pitching was encouraging

[2]
Posted: Feb 16, 2019 8:00 PM

Would’ve been nice to get a series sweep to start the year but overall, I’m excited about this group. Hopefully as the year goes on, the offense gets rolling and the strikeouts become less frequent. It’s either a walk, strikeout, or extra base hit/HR. We need to get better with putting balls in play and I’m confident Monte and the coaches will address that.

2019 student level member

Re: Pitching was encouraging

[1]
Posted: Feb 16, 2019 8:07 PM

Spot on.

2019 white level member

We must learn to hit the ball to the opposite field . . .

[2]
Posted: Feb 16, 2019 8:11 PM

We'll never hit for average or consistently put the rock in play by continually trying to pull outside pitches . . . they are meant to be driven where they are pitched . . . to the opposite field.

Maybe it's just me and my old fashioned way of thinking . . .

2019 white level member

Re: We must learn to hit the ball to the opposite field . . .

[2]
Posted: Feb 16, 2019 8:25 PM

Yep, not sure if It’s just the kids we get or the way Monte teaches or what but this series not withstanding because we know nothing about this group yet but in 3 years prior, we’ve never really done that consistently.

Vandy may be the best team I’ve seen do that. There’s only one possible thing that can happen when you look at strike 3. Hope the ump calls it a ball... and I’m talking when the count is 1-2 or 2-2 and a possible infield grounder ties or wins the game. Just put wood on the ball.

2019 orange level member2016_pickem_champ.jpg

Re: Pitching was encouraging

[2]
Posted: Feb 16, 2019 8:12 PM

but, the backward k's would be my concern.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
379 people have read this post