Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perhaps a controversial opinion on Alabama’s qb situation.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Perhaps a controversial opinion on Alabama’s qb situation.

Jul 23, 2018, 11:51 AM

So let’s say jalen has kind of checked out from the qb role. What does he do? He can graduate in December and transfer without sitting out. But what if, and here’s where a lot will disagree, Tua is a one hit wonder?Georgia has no tape to look ate basically. They had no idea what his capabilities were. Likely didn’t practice for him (though if I remember correctly there were rumblings that he might play against us). I hear nothing but praises for him. When I go back and look I find myself less than star struck. I know I’m the minority everyone else thinks he was just lights out so I’m probably wrong. Now doubt He has some great passes downfield. No way I can refute that. But he also has some rough ones. If you prepare for a jalen hurts only qb situation is it possible that Georgia just wasn’t prepared? Their fault if they didn’t adjust. And after there is some tape on tua can he be contained? It looks like some of his passes are just slinging it. So what if jalen hurts checks out and then tua struggles. Guess there is another dude that did well in their spring game but I actually prefer our qb situation to theirs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perhaps a controversial opinion on Alabama’s qb situation.

Jul 23, 2018, 11:54 AM

Jalen will start

Sabans no idiot and knows a solid percentage of Tua’s success was due to Georgia not being prepared for him and there being no tape to prepare from.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I figure Hurts will start too..

Jul 23, 2018, 12:08 PM

but after what Saban said at media days who knows. Basically said Hurts might not even be on the team when camp ends. Such a weird thing to say at media days

Jul 23, 2018, 12:03 PM

Kind of agree on the whole Tua thing. He was as good as he needed to be for them to get the win in the title game. Good not great.

The Tua Hurts situation may turn out to be more like the McElwain and Bentley situation at SC a couple of years ago.

McElwain was so bad at throwing that when they put a guy in there that even showed a resemblance of a quarterback everyone thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. However Clemson fans know he no better than average at best

Jul 23, 2018, 12:51 PM

Who’s this guy you speak of?

Jul 23, 2018, 12:19 PM

It will be interesting, but I think Tua starts at one point this year. Tua will probably a top 10 pick in the NFL in a couple of years. He is special. Jalen is a great leader though. It definitely will be interesting.

I just don’t see it, top 10 or first round that is.

Jul 23, 2018, 12:46 PM

But it’s early and I could definitely be wrong. If it happens I’ll eat crow and give you props for seeing it. I wonder if sabans butthile was a little more clutched than usual seeing him throw it downfield.

Re: I just don’t see it, top 10 or first round that is.

Jul 23, 2018, 12:53 PM

Yeah it is a pretty bold prediction. I am calling top 10 overall though if he is tall enough. He reminds me of Steve Young.

hard to say where he'll get drafted this early.

Jul 23, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Perhaps a controversial opinion on Alabama’s qb situation. ]

I will say the kid has a lot of natural talent. Considering he never played a live snap he looked great getting the ball downfield. He seems to have good pocket presence and accuracy.

His release looked pretty good to me. I didn't notice it being slow, maybe a little low but had great zip on the ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 12:31 PM

Tua has a Tebowesque delivery and will be exposed and exploited. Delivery is slow and low.

Jul 23, 2018, 12:54 PM

Yeah Tebow was just awful in college

Jul 23, 2018, 12:45 PM

Alabama doesn't need a gun slinger at QB they just need someone that will not turn the ball over a lot. they have that with Hurts but no one really knows if Tua can deliver that. We'll all see soon enough how Satan handles this. Hurts will not like sitting behind Tua for the season so if Tua is named the starter after fall camp, I could see Hurts leaving and sitting out a year. He still has 2 years of eligibility left even if he sits a year. If Hurts ends up starting the entire season I see Tua possibly leaving after the season because I do not see Hurts leaving after the season because he's not going to be a highly sought in the 2019 draft. If Tua does leave that may end the chances of Bama getting his brother as well. Go Tigers

Agreed with not needing gunslinger until get down at least

Jul 23, 2018, 1:03 PM

Which they rarely do. Georgia and auburn were an exception. That’s part of what people aren’t saying a lot about in our situation. I don’t think we need a gunslinger vs most of our teams right now with our defense but I disagree with those who don’t think we need it vs Alabama. But if you go out slinging vs a Louisville or nc state that I think we beat playing control there is downside if possible ints and incompletions. Again I’ll take our qb situation over anybody else in the country right now.

Jul 23, 2018, 12:58 PM

Nothing more dangerous than the unknown QB. Florida State was torched my Lamar Jackson but there wasn't much tape on him at that point in the season. I knew that we would be ready for him by game time.

This reminds me of the OSU championship. Third string wins the big game and rides the bench the next season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 3:06 PM

Lamar did light up FSU but FSU's defense was trying to change to a new defense that year at the time. They reverted back after that game and played teams a lot tougher. Of course look at that Louisville and FSU game and you'll see Lamar in the game until about 5 minutes left. Still slinging it around that and Louisville's weak schedule and cheating against Wake ended up giving Lamar the Heisman that year. Coach neck brace left him in most games way after the game was no longer in question to pad his stats.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic