Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Per KornCOOT on Ryan Hilinski
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Per KornCOOT on Ryan Hilinski

Oct 15, 2018, 11:21 AM

USC QB commitment Ryan Hilinski of Orange, CA has been planning to sign and enroll early in Columbia. However, the Stanford Rivals site reported that after getting an offer from the Cardinal last week, Hiliniski “is open to the idea” of waiting until February because Stanford doesn’t take early enrollees.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all Stanford has to do is show him Jake Bentley's

Oct 15, 2018, 11:22 AM

instagram. There are some awful comments from gamecock fans on there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: all Stanford has to do is show him Jake Bentley's

Oct 15, 2018, 11:48 AM

There are going to be a lot of really unfortunate comments from the internet fans if this kid decommits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Not just unfortunate. Down right awful comments.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:53 AM

It seems like he has a level head so whatever he chooses to do I hope the old guys behind screens leave him alone. This isn't a situation where a kid would decommit for the wrong reasons. But who knows what he'll do. As of right now he's a good member of your class.

Re: Not just unfortunate. Down right awful comments.

Oct 15, 2018, 12:43 PM

What are the wrong reasons to decommit? The way I see it, a kid can decommit for whatever reason he wants no matter how petty or small anyone else thinks it is. None of it matters until they are signed. This is the one opportunity before they actually enroll in school that the kid can control his own destiny. After that, coaches control too much of the kids future.

1 wrong reason to decommit

Oct 15, 2018, 12:50 PM

Bribes or other improper benefits. I would imagine it's commonplace for recruits who are already committed to get the same illegal offers as major uncommitted recruits. I think if a kid is committed to a school it would be wrong to decommit simply because he is offered some form of reward for doing so.

Oct 15, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: all Stanford has to do is show him Jake Bentley's ]

Posts like yours alone ought to be enough to steer him to Stanford. Thanks for helping show him just a glimpse of the fanbase he almost signed with. He will thank you for helping him dodge that bullet when he signs with the Trees.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop lying to yourself...

Oct 15, 2018, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: all Stanford has to do is show him Jake Bentley's ]

It's not just U5C internet fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 15, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: all Stanford has to do is show him Jake Bentley's ]

Just tweeted a screenshot of your post to Hilinski.

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 15, 2018, 1:06 PM

If true, that's weird.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 1:43 PM

Actually, all the comments were about how weird USCjr. fans were.

BTW, that Bentley sure can throw the picks. Leads the $EC with 7......with one game cancelled due to fear of losing and one game benched. Impressive.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 15, 2018, 1:54 PM

Stop

Oct 15, 2018, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: all Stanford has to do is show him Jake Bentley's ]

It’s decootment

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes

Oct 15, 2018, 11:29 AM

If Hilinski does flip to the Cardinal, that could be a massive loss. They're (the fans I mean) already counting on him to take them to the "promised land". We saw the fallout from Muschamp's tenure at UF. I think it could be as bad in Columbia, if not worse.

Edit: The Stanford rivals site you mentioned cites Hilinski as saying the Stanford offer is his "dream offer"

Message was edited by: Fridge_Perry®

Re: Yikes

Oct 15, 2018, 11:32 AM

They would have only Jake and Joyner next year if that kid bailed. That's a bad position to be in. They would have to scramble for a 2-3 star to replace him.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:45 AM

Considering the fact SCar has 8 quarterbacks on the roster, they'll be ok. (Yes they have 8. EIGHT.)

Oct 15, 2018, 11:50 AM

Well they must suck hard because I have no clue who they are. With how bad their qb play is it's sad some other names haven't surfaced

Oct 15, 2018, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Yikes ]

Including walkons in that number seems odd.

Why? Didn't Orth matter?***

Oct 15, 2018, 11:55 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why? Didn't Orth matter?***

Oct 15, 2018, 12:00 PM

He eventually became a scholarship player.

so he wasn't a walk on that mattered?***

Oct 15, 2018, 12:05 PM

I'll take your silence as a yes coward***

Oct 15, 2018, 1:49 PM

Oct 15, 2018, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Yikes ]

Don’t think it really matters how many stars the kids who go there have. They will lose, have always lost, and will more than likely will always lose. South Carolina will continue to lose unless they go to a different conference that isn’t Power 5. If it was up to the SEC I bet they would drop South Carolina in a heart beat. The Coots might as well drop all men’s sports and just put all there eggs in women’s sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 3:38 PM

Every conference needs a cupcake. I don’t think the SEC wants to drop their cupcake and add a much tougher opponent like Clemson or FSU.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Yikes ]

Agreed

Re: Per KornCOOT on Ryan Hilinski

Oct 15, 2018, 11:32 AM

RH's carefully crafted statements over the past months leave the door cracked open for not only Stanford.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 11:33 AM

If he is trying to decide between South Carolina and Stanford...dude.

A Stanford diploma is worth...insane amounts of dollars. I'd betcha the difference in projected earnings over the course of a lifetime would probably be five million bucks or close to it.

Sorry, if my son was deciding between Stanford and even Clemson, I'd have to think that over. A lot. And Clemson is a highly reputable school with one of the best total-student programs in the country...it's just, Stanford is, well, Stanford. Probably the single most highly-regarded school not in the Ivy League. Even Duke and Northwestern aren't up there with Stanford in terms of academic regard.

But South Carolina...are you kidding me? Why is there even a question?

Oct 15, 2018, 11:40 AM

Agreed. It’d be insanely difficult to turn down a full ride to Stanford given the obvious academic awesomeness and some pretty dang good football . If my son had both Clemson and Stanford offers I’d be hard pressed to recommend Clemson despite my own loyalties.

The ONLY thing that would keep him going to SCar

Oct 15, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Per KornCOOT on Ryan Hilinski ]

is that his family is planning on moving down to SC and with the loss of his brother they might want him close. That being said, i'm with you . . . as a parent i'm sending my son to Stanford. Was talking to a SCar fan about it yesterday and even he agreed. He told me that the kid wants to be a pre-med major and at the end of the day a degree from Stanford holds more clout in that field after football.

Oct 15, 2018, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Per KornCOOT on Ryan Hilinski ]

TU to that. May be the most factual poast ever...

Oct 15, 2018, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Per KornCOOT on Ryan Hilinski ]

I read where Jameis Winston said he regretted his decision not to go to Stanford over Florida State because he did not recognize how prestigious it was. I hope this kid Hilinski knows he deciding between an outhouse in South Carolina and a mansion in California.

MIT & Cal Tech****

Oct 16, 2018, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Per KornCOOT on Ryan Hilinski ]

Oct 15, 2018, 11:38 AM

We all tried to tell this house coot Carolinagrad but he wouldn't listen. Reality is a bummer sometimes.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-They-ran-out-of-in-state-5-stars-that-grew-up-lifelong-coot-fans-23672047#23672047

Wonder whatever happened to Ole boy?

Oct 15, 2018, 11:47 AM

She is posting under her GWPTiger® handle

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Oct 15, 2018, 11:48 AM

This is bad for Clemson if he bails on SC.... Think about how our strength of schedule will take a hit

Hilinsinki said that the Stanford had been his dream school

Oct 15, 2018, 11:50 AM

since he was in the 6th grade.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will Muschamp be able to talk Bentley out of going pro?***

Oct 15, 2018, 12:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Will Muschamp be able to talk Bentley out of going pro?***

Oct 15, 2018, 12:08 PM

If he can't, I'm sure all the NFL and CFL teams will, as soon as they stop laughing.

Watch out Matt Miller had him in the 1st round

Oct 15, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Will Muschamp be able to talk Bentley out of going pro?*** ]

going to the Patriots

Who is Matt Miller?

Oct 15, 2018, 12:17 PM

And are you serious about someone having Jake going in Round 1 to the Pats?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Who is Matt Miller?

Oct 15, 2018, 1:42 PM

Here's not joking. He had Bentley and deebo both going first round.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2793395-2019-nfl-mock-draft-a-look-ahead-before-the-regular-season-kicks-off.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

A pro what !?!?!?

Oct 15, 2018, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Will Muschamp be able to talk Bentley out of going pro?*** ]

Pancake flipper/egg scrambler at Waffle House?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 15, 2018, 1:24 PM

I'm confused, USC is nowhere near Columbia. Columbia is in the Sierra Nevada foothills.

When you mentioned USC I thought you meant the Trojans.***

Oct 15, 2018, 2:05 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: When you mentioned USC I thought you meant the Trojans.***

Oct 15, 2018, 7:23 PM

lol

don't blame him.

Oct 15, 2018, 2:15 PM

he must have seen their games on TV.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their games have been on tv?***

Oct 15, 2018, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic