Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pence credits Trump and Operation Warp Speed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Pence credits Trump and Operation Warp Speed

Nov 9, 2020, 11:02 AM

for Pfizers vaccine announcement.

Problem is that Pfizer was never involved in the initiative.

“We were never part of the Warp Speed. We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.” - Kathrin Jansen, Sr. VP Pfizer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to think the rare good news we get

Nov 9, 2020, 11:06 AM

on the COVID situation, we can avoid having political arguments about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would like to think the rare good news we get

Nov 9, 2020, 11:08 AM

on the COVID situation, we can avoid having political arguments about.

You are right of course. I just felt the need to point out Pence's politicization of the good news.

I guess when Republicans do it, it's not politics.

Nov 9, 2020, 11:40 AM

And Pence is a fine Christian man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Define "fine Christian man".....

Nov 9, 2020, 2:50 PM

We talking Jimmy Carter or Perry Noble?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would like to think the rare good news we get

Nov 9, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I would like to think the rare good news we get ]

The fact remains, however, that Trump had nothing to do

Nov 9, 2020, 11:53 AM

with THIS vaccine.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fact remains, however, that Trump had nothing to do

Nov 9, 2020, 12:06 PM

Re: The fact remains, however, that Trump had nothing to do

Nov 9, 2020, 12:35 PM

T3Tiger® said:

Sounds like they are the ones politicizing it by announcing the week after the election and hurting Trump and then also trying to claim they didn’t benefit from money when they are.

Trump: "Pfizer, I'm enraged that you didn't make this announcement before the election!"

Pfizer: "We're a private company and we didn't want you to take credit for it."

Pfizer was certainly incentivized by Trump as opposed to

Nov 9, 2020, 12:17 PM [ in reply to The fact remains, however, that Trump had nothing to do ]

getting money for maybe nothing in return. Seems like a good way to do business.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pence credits Trump and Operation Warp Speed

Nov 9, 2020, 11:07 AM

I thought Operation Warp Speed was the name of the Moving company that was going to help trump get all of his crap out of the Whitehouse.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the biggest LIE I've ever heard. Of course Pfizer's

Nov 9, 2020, 11:10 AM

taken money from the government. You can't tell me none of those old geezers have ED?

Nov 9, 2020, 11:37 AM

The initiative will buy it from them. They haven’t taken any money....yet.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/07/22/us-government-engages-pfizer-produce-millions-doses-covid-19-vaccine.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you find it ironic that

Nov 9, 2020, 11:53 AM

The Trump administration wants to take credit for a vaccine they had nothing to do with but takes no credit for a Pandemic that has everything to with them.

Re: Don't you find it ironic that

Nov 9, 2020, 12:03 PM

“takes no credit for a Pandemic”

Dumbest thing you’ve ever said.

What’s stopping all the dem controlled cities and states from “controlling” the pandemic?

For that matter, what’s stopping dem controlled cities and states from having free healthcare, zero emissions, and no police?

Oh yea, hypocrites, I forgot.

Re: Don't you find it ironic that

Nov 9, 2020, 12:33 PM

You must have missed the cool interview that Jared did with Bob Woodward in April. In it he laid out WHY the federal govt was not going to address testing, ppe...etc. Jared explained that would be a trap. Instead they decided, he said, to put it on the governors, so if it went south they could be blamed, and if successful Trump could claim the 'reopening'.

What changed?

Nov 9, 2020, 11:39 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/22/us/politics/pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What changed?

Nov 9, 2020, 11:45 AM

VP is pandering to Biden cause Trump was cutting into their profit margins.

Re: What changed?

Nov 9, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to What changed? ]

Nothing has changed. Operation Warpseed was an initiative whereby the U.S. Govt. paid some of the cost for the development of a vaccine, it was a very good idea. However, Pfizer was not a part of that initiative and used approx. $2 Billion of its own money to develop its vaccine.

Obviously, like all pharmaceutical companies, they have a 'contract' to produce a vaccine if and when they're able to develop one.

Details matter.

I'm just going to take the word of Pfizer's Sr. VP on this one.

what am I missing?

Nov 9, 2020, 11:55 AM

As nations around the world race to lock up coronavirus vaccines even before they are ready, the Trump administration on Wednesday made one of the largest investments yet, announcing a nearly $2 billion contract with Pfizer and a German biotechnology company for 100 million doses by December.

The contract is part of what the White House calls the Warp Speed project, an effort to drastically shorten the time it would take to manufacture and distribute a working vaccine. So far, the United States has put money into more than a half dozen efforts, hoping to build manufacturing ability for an eventual breakthrough.

Under the arrangement, the federal government would obtain that first batch for $1.95 billion, or about $20 a dose, with the rights to acquire up to 500 million more, or 600 million total. Americans would receive the vaccine for free. Before it could be distributed, it would need emergency approval by the Food and Drug Administration. But the U.S. government does not pay the nearly $2 billion until the drug is approved and the first 100 million doses are delivered.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 3:48 PM

To be fair, they offered Pfizer 2 billion guaranteed IF Pfizer came up with something. Pfizer knew there was competition. Pfizer didn't work hand in hand. That said, they had incentive.

Nov 9, 2020, 3:53 PM

Honestly I don't know what is involved, but I thought operation warp speed was more about avoiding years of testing prior to distribution and the on going process of production prior to approval so once it was approved it'd be ready to distribute.

Is Pfizer going to forego Operation Warp Speed and put their cure into the normal clinical trial process?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic