Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Part of me hopes for an uprising
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Part of me hopes for an uprising

Mar 29, 2020, 10:20 AM

against this foolishness. I kind of hope we come together and rise up against the government, against the powers that have caused so much hardship. I hope there’s an uprising and I hope it goes directly to the steps of the White House and the Capital. So many are hurting, hungry, displaced and scared because we are scared to lose that, which could potentially be less than, 1%.

I am sorry and this isn’t popular, but we need to open this country back up and get back to work. If not by May, we should all rise up again our leadership.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3L4YrGaR8E4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should name this the Republican Virus.

Mar 29, 2020, 10:27 AM

Cause it makes you guys crazy with fear Trump won't get re-elected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should name this the Republican Virus.

Mar 29, 2020, 10:29 AM

I couldn’t care less about Trump right now. I want our leaders, local & state to rise up and stop being puppets.

Unfortunately I have a Governor who is pandering in order to the get the VP nod from Biden. It’s sickening

Unfortunately, we aren't testing testing testing like we

Mar 29, 2020, 10:38 AM

should, so people don't want to go back to work if they don't know who has it and who to avoid. Had we started testing on a massive scale early on, people would be more informed and less worried about the unknown.

As a result of this delay in testing rollout, as Dr. Birx says, we are going to experience an explosion across the country in the coming weeks.

Going back to work in the next two weeks is one of the dumbest Trumpian ideas yet. But, that is the effect he has on his minions.

My understanding is that if you have symptoms, you can be

Mar 29, 2020, 10:55 AM

tested if you have spoken to a Dr. Is that incorrect? What do you suggest?

Testing everyone regardless of symptoms is useless and wasteful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that’s incorrect. I posted a couple days ago

Mar 29, 2020, 11:09 AM

About a friend who has been sick and his doctor believes he has the virus, but his fever wasn’t high enough and his breathing symptoms weren’t severe enough for the doc to recommend testing. I’m sure the kick point varies by state and even area/county.
This has also probably skewed data so much that a clear picture is hard to determine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So that was by Dr's discretion.

Mar 29, 2020, 11:13 AM

I'm not sure what to add here.

Re: Unfortunately, we aren't testing testing testing like we

Mar 29, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Unfortunately, we aren't testing testing testing like we ]

I want to go back to work. So do millions of Americans who are looking at empty bank accounts.

Weak, Older, Susceptible? Stay home.

Let the rest of us live.

It puts young people in the hospital, too***

Mar 29, 2020, 11:28 AM

Chinese are starting to riot. Can't keep people

Mar 29, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately, we aren't testing testing testing like we ]

Locked up too long.
Trump is right to 2ant to open back up as soon as possible. There will be no right time until a cure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awful idea. Even economists say it would be a disaster

Mar 29, 2020, 1:56 PM

along with the health experts. Sad to say, but we all need to start ignoring what the President says in regards to this crisis.

The Chicomms ghana get you***

Mar 29, 2020, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Chinese are starting to riot. Can't keep people ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Relax.

Mar 29, 2020, 10:27 AM

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Things have definitely gone too far

Mar 29, 2020, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Things have definitely gone too far

Mar 29, 2020, 10:34 AM

Good ol’ Phoenix Arizona.

I agree that the month of MAY will be an important

Mar 29, 2020, 1:28 PM

timeframe for decisions. I have said as much in several posts.

The social distancing tactics should be showing results by that point. Unfortunately the deployment of these tactics in the USA has not been uniform .... really just a hodgepodge of guidance implemented inconsistently, at different times and in many locations late, and in some locations not at all. The lack of testing weakened the entire process _ from accurate situational analysis, to accurate models / forecasting, to making public health policy and even to diminishing the effectiveness of tactics (such as contact tracing and early cycle treatment medications that were employed in other countries).

Unfortunately there’s likely to be tremendous uncertainty in May from both public health and economic perspectives. And here’s the real “catch” from an economic recovery standpoint, the government’s ability through guidance and policy to change consumer behavior is severely compromised by any remaining public health uncertainty. The only way to regain consumer confidence is to have the virus under control.

The Trump Administration's lack of credibility only

Mar 29, 2020, 2:07 PM

reinforces that need for more testing data so that consumers and workers(and investors)can regain confidence.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic