»
Topic: Parking/tailgate lots update
Replies: 8   Last Post: Oct 6, 2015 9:02 PM by: nchadwic
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Parking/tailgate lots update

[1]
Posted: Oct 5, 2015 2:29 PM

Anyone have any idea what kind of shape Lots 1 and 2 are in after Sat night? I know there was talk of the university limiting these lots to a first come first serve, and some people would get shut out even with a permit. Did this happen? Are these lots just big mud pits now or are they OK?

Coming down from Boston for GT this weekend, and wondering how our tailgate might be effected by the after effects of the monsoon.

I'm sure there will be updates later in the week

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 2:31 PM

I can attest to mud pit in Lot 2, but I personally think Lot 2 will be open with no problems as long as the rain stops.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Parking/tailgate lots update

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 2:38 PM

We were not able to park in Lot 2. (Arrived about 5:30, maybe)
Redirected to C1 on Perimeter Road.....Shuttle bus to stadium, but walked back after game.
Were not able to leave lot until after 2am.
Looking forward to being back in Lot 2 Saturday.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 2:39 PM

Lot 1 was a muddy pit with a 200ft slip and slide some students set up . But i would think with a little sand and some Sun, it will be good to go.

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 2:41 PM

Lot 1 is tore up. The center aisle has big ruts and most of the grass in the rows is toast. There were still vehicles stuck there until about Noon Sunday. The lot was roped off in the shape of a big C with the open end facing Lot 2. In that open area things are a bit better; however, it still took a ton of foot traffic (plus a slip 'n slide). So if is wet again on Saturday it will be straight mud.

I didn't see much of Lot 2 except when I was walking out after the game you could look out over it from the ramp and the half closest to the stadium was 1/4 to 1/2 inch underwater.

Ask again later in the week and I will let you know what if anything has been done as I drive past there everyday on the way home.

military_donation.jpg

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 9:02 PM

Anyone have an update for me??

TIA

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 2:57 PM

Thanks!

I drove by both lots on Sunday and they looked

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 3:08 PM

like cr*p. 3 or 4 days of sun will help, but i would bring straw for the GT game if you are in those lots.

I'd think about doing what the ESPN

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 3:11 PM

trucks did and bring some plywood to park on next week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 8  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1370 people have read this post