Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Parents

Nov 7, 2018, 11:01 AM

What age did you start bringing your kids to football games? I have a very young child (less than 1 year) and I don't really think it would be a fun trip with him yet.I think my first game I was about 5 or so.

I am not extremely familiar with ticketing either, do you have to pay for a young kids ticket like an adult or is there an age limit that they can get in free or something?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will get tons of feedback on this one.

Nov 7, 2018, 11:04 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: You will get tons of feedback on this one.

Nov 7, 2018, 11:14 AM

I appreciate the feedback

Daughter born in July 1998

Nov 7, 2018, 11:08 AM

Went to several games that fall; no ticket required (at least at that time) if she was held by a parent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parents

Nov 7, 2018, 11:14 AM

That’s a long trip for tiny kid. Loud loud yelling and the atmosphere. My dad took me to every home game from age 6-14 (then I played soccer and track around the nation and was traveling too much to make more than 2 games a year). I love my dad for the time spent together at games. We weren’t very good during the mid to late 90s but I cherish the memories.

Nov 7, 2018, 11:16 AM

I have a 2 year old daughter. No ticket needed until 3 for games at Death Valley is what I have been told. We have yet to buy one.

Judge your decision on when to bring your son to games based on his temperament and how those around you will feel about his behavior.

My daughter has been to a good many games (first one was at 4 months old). We usually avoid the games when it's really hot and are also prepared to leave the game if she is not behaving in a way that the people around us would be ok with. You are used to dealing with your child but others are not and may not appreciate certain behaviors.

son born Nov 2005. Was at first game Sept 2006

Nov 7, 2018, 11:38 AM

second son born Dec 2007. Was at opening game 2008

Oldest son stayed hole game since birth.

Second son usually made it first series.....Wife would go out and watch on tv.

All of ours went before they were 1...not to all of the

Nov 7, 2018, 12:56 PM

games but at least a few games with good weather and usually to a game that wasn't a premier game. Our middle child was (2) months at her first game. It's harder on the parents than the kid. Used to be that if they could sit on your lap you did not need a ticket.

When real young, our go-to would be to take turns walking around if they got too rambunctious or if it was too hot. Supposedly I jumped up with one of ours and she started soaring towards the field and I caught her by her foot and reigned her in...I don't recall that but wife insists it's true.

As they got older they'd get a little rowdy around the 2nd quarter so we'd add pizza/food to keep them occupied, walk a little, visit the hill (back when you didn't need a security clearance). All are grown now with one graduated (CU '14) and two currently @ CU.

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I took my daughter to her first game at age 4 months...

Nov 7, 2018, 1:00 PM

I guess it depends on you, your family, the activities (tailgaiting, etc.) surrounding the game, and your budget.

Now that I have several kids from ages 13 - 4, I take the ones that are interested. Namely my 13 and 9 year olds. The younger two don't care, don't enjoy it, and cause disruption. (Do you know how many times a 4 year old "needs" to go to the bathroom when bored?)

Try going and then work with what feels right. You got this!

Re: I took my daughter to her first game at age 4 months...

Nov 7, 2018, 1:08 PM

I missed the TD pass to Tee this past weekend waiting in line with my young daughter for the family restroom. After about a several minute wait out walks a teenage boy by himself.

If my daughter's eyes weren't turning yelling I would have let that boy know what I thought of him as a person. Instead we hurried in to avoid an even longer absence from the action due to a possible "accident" and the wardrobe change that would have to follow.

So in short.... yes I do know how many times a young child can ask to go to the bathroom whether they are bored or not.

If you want to watch the game leave Jr at home.

Nov 7, 2018, 1:05 PM

Buy some ear protection if you decide to bring the kid. Expect that you’ll be miserable, the kid will be miserable and the people that sit around you will be miserable and you’ll miss most of the game. Personally I think it’s horrible that people bring their under 3 y/o kids to games but to each his own.

They really should require a ticket for the kids, no matter how small, IMO.

Wow Mr. Grinch...bah humbug to you too!

Nov 7, 2018, 1:50 PM

not sure who you sit near but I've never had problems with kids no matter what their ages. Granted if the kid is pitching a fit then the parents need to take them out.

I have had problems with middle aged men drunk off their a$$ using every curse word known to man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What’s the point anyway since the kid will have 0 memory of being there. Makes more

Nov 7, 2018, 2:36 PM

sense to wait until they can enjoy the game. I’m surprised people don’t try to bring their dogs in too.

I agree about the middle aged drunk fools...they should stay at the tailgate with the little kids.

Re: What’s the point anyway since the kid will have 0 memory of being there. Makes more

Nov 7, 2018, 3:21 PM

My daughter may not remember the games when she is older but Clemson and Clemson football games are where she has as much fun as anywhere. She runs and plays at our tailgate and on Bowman. She spends part of the game looking for the Tiger. At times she does have too much energy for our seats and we take her out to be considerate of those around us. This season she has started asking to go on the field after games. She tries her hardest to tell players "good game" but at 2 is rarely heard over the others around her. Several players have stopped and said "thank you" or hey when they notice her talking to them as I hold her. She also asks to go up the big hill to leave the stadium. She enjoys every minute of it. If your approach to parenting were widely held then there would be no reason to do anything fun with young children simply because they may not hold on to the memories as they grow.

If she doesn't remember the individual games, she will associate Clemson with a place to spend time with family and friends just like her mother and I do.

P.S. Last week there were a high number of grown men with jerseys on the field after the game and she got confused and told one of them "good game". I quickly corrected her and let her know that Tigernet would never accept her if she chooses to speak to people like that in public.

Like I said, to each his own. It would be nice if all parents

Nov 7, 2018, 4:05 PM

tried to be considerate of those aroind them, but they’re not. All of my friends took their kids to the tailgates but not into the games until they were old enough to understand what was going on...

Re: Wow Mr. Grinch...bah humbug to you too!

Nov 7, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Wow Mr. Grinch...bah humbug to you too! ]

Agree 100% - I was a misbehaving student in 1980 and I cursed every word known to man - drank like a fish - smoked cigarettes (not those funny ones at the games) and no parent or fan ever gave me a hard time. I always remember that and try to pay it forward. Those were the most awesome times regardless of my adolescent behavior- the 81 champhipnship season? It's a wonder I still have a voice after all of my yelling... ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 1:36 PM

All depends on if you are ok with leaving the game early if needed.Not all but most kids under 2 won’t make it past the First Quarter. Had one in front of me Saturday with a kid that was roughly 1 1/2 and they had to leave in the first quarter.

Nov 7, 2018, 1:53 PM

< 1 year old for both boys. We had Grandma there to dote on them so I could watch the game.

Nov 7, 2018, 2:44 PM

My plan is to try out the spring game first. GO TIGERS!!!

Nov 7, 2018, 2:51 PM

Under 1 is too young IMO...must be my wife’s as well since every time she sees a baby at a game, she says ‘why would anyone bring a child that young to a sporting event?’ If you are bringing them out of convienience (no sitter etc) then I suppose that’s one thing...but you will be miserable and they will too.

Nov 7, 2018, 3:04 PM

This noise would have bothered both of my kids at that age, not to mention, at about 4 or 5 they would have been bored - i.e. if the game were close or you are the real fan who stays for the last whistle blow, I would have been forced to leave. I think my son just turned 6 when he sat through a whole game - of course i coaxed him with hot dogs and boiled peanuts...

Y***

Nov 7, 2018, 3:19 PM

Nov 7, 2018, 3:20 PM

Parents should consider those around them. If you are in and out of your seats regularly, its an imposition to those you have to crawl over to go to the bathroom, walk around, buy popcorn. Never wait until the QB is under center to try to leave either. This goes for 18 year old kids, and drunk 50 year old kids.

Personally, I don't see the point in taking very young children. Leave them at home with a sitter or at the tailgate with a sitter. Short of that, perhaps a trial run at the spring game.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic