Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ouch, this has gotta sting...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1,066

Ouch, this has gotta sting...

Jun 21, 2018, 1:38 PM

New Time magazine cover.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wonder how time got exclusive rights?

Jun 21, 2018, 1:40 PM

I would imagaine that would have been plastered everywhere since the day it was taken

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time is exploiting that poor child***

Jun 21, 2018, 1:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you're more outraged...

Jun 21, 2018, 3:50 PM

By a magazine using a picture of a child than the government tearing the kid away from her family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

When you're more outraged....

Jun 21, 2018, 5:05 PM

about the govt enforcing the law than the people breaking it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you're more outraged....

Jun 21, 2018, 5:26 PM

I feel the same way about civil forfeiture.

The idea that a law is good because it's a law....you lose me there.

Civil forfeiture is infringing upon someone's constitutional

Jun 21, 2018, 5:38 PM

rights, IMHO.

Enforcing our borders is not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Civil forfeiture is infringing upon someone's constitutional

Jun 21, 2018, 6:10 PM

Enforcing our borders is a mess. The idea was never to separate children from parents. The lie was they had no choice.

Let's not lose site of the issue here. The immigrants are a made up enemy that this administration uses to fire people up. It's a red herring to detract from the real issues that are ###### the American middle class.

You want to end illegal immigration fine. Start locking up the people that give them jobs and it'll go away on it's on.

Welcome to the new America. This is the enemy.

Jun 21, 2018, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Civil forfeiture is infringing upon someone's constitutional ]

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/opinion/blood-libel-trump-immigrants.html

Re: Welcome to the new America. This is the enemy.

Jun 21, 2018, 6:14 PM

"The speed of America’s moral descent under Donald Trump is breathtaking. In a matter of months we’ve gone from a nation that stood for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to a nation that tears children from their parents and puts them in cages.

What’s almost equally remarkable about this plunge into barbarism is that it’s not a response to any actual problem. The mass influx of murderers and rapists that Trump talks about, the wave of crime committed by immigrants here (and, in his mind, refugees in Germany), are things that simply aren’t happening. They’re just sick fantasies being used to justify real atrocities."

That's pure overwrought overemotional histronics,

Jun 21, 2018, 6:17 PM

and all in two paragraphs.

So is this the new line? That illegal aliens are totally cool and there's no problem?

Re: That's pure overwrought overemotional histronics,

Jun 21, 2018, 6:25 PM

They are neither all bad nor all cool. They're no different now than they've been for decades.

The only difference is the hatred being poured onto them to accomplish political goals.

Think of anti-semitism, only from the white house.

Really, tell me you don't really see the political advantages?

No, I've heard the same proclamations, that they're a

Jun 21, 2018, 7:10 PM

big problem getting bigger, for three decades now, and from Presidents of both parties. There's nothing new about illegal aliens being a massive problem that needs solving. I've seen R and D Presidents put their heads in the sand, give (or attempt to give amnesty), and basically whistle past the graveyard on this issue.

This is not a new strategy or ploy, it's a problem and has been. The can just isn't being kicked down the road right now and it seems to be making many uncomfortable.

The evidence does not support your conclusion

Jun 21, 2018, 9:30 PM

“CBP recorded 310,531 apprehensions by U.S. Border Patrol agents and 216,370 inadmissible cases by CBP officers in FY17, a 23.7% decline over the previous year.” (The last year being Obama’s last.)

“Between FY 2000 and FY 2017, the number of Border Patrol apprehensions along the Southwest border plummeted by approximately 80%, from a high of over 1.6 million in FY 2000 to around 300,000 in FY 2017.”

So what “can” is being kicked down the road?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2017/12/05/wheres-the-immigration-crisis-u-s-border-patrol-reports-illegal-border-crossings-at-record-low/amp/

Crickets or rickets...?***

Jun 21, 2018, 9:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh noes! Him didn't get an instantaneous response!***

Jun 21, 2018, 10:18 PM

PS....Heading to bed now.

Jun 21, 2018, 10:22 PM

Any replies may not even get a response from me until tomorrow.

I keep hearing that, about 2M deportations during

Jun 21, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to The evidence does not support your conclusion ]

Obama era.

2 problems.....

They started redefining deportations during the Bush era to include "catch and release" situations----those weren't previously included in the deportation tally....Bush and Obama's stats are skewed greatly compared to their predecessors.

It's hard to take seriously Obama's deportation numbers from those who don't factor back in the 1.3M "Dreamers" he tried to give amnesty with his pen and his phone. The number decreases quite a bit when you do so.

Re: I keep hearing that, about 2M deportations during

Jun 21, 2018, 10:19 PM

aren't you an immigrant from a sh!thole country?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...."hate"

Jun 21, 2018, 10:20 PM

take away emotion and you guys wouldn't have much to talk about.

Re: LOL...."hate"

Jun 21, 2018, 10:21 PM

No hate coming from me, I am just trying to point out that things could have been a lot different for you and I find your lack of empathy disturbing. These people were not born with the same opportunities as you, but they do want a better life for themselves and their families.

I appreciate you at least being honest.

Jun 21, 2018, 10:25 PM

At least you are able to admit it's not about kid separation and such, it's about ultimately wanting crossing the border illegally to not be illegal at all.

I don't agree, but at least we have a starting point for a real discussion and not some canard about kids and family and love.

Re: I appreciate you at least being honest.

Jun 21, 2018, 10:30 PM

you have a talent for putting words into people's mouths. How you arrived at that is dumbfounding. I am merely defending their actions because you have repeatedly expressed your desire to see them convicted as felons.

And it makes me very sad to live in a country where people are so gullible and jaded that they would set aside their humanity and blindly defend a self serving, pathological liar like trump.

putting words? You started it friend.

Jun 21, 2018, 10:35 PM

That sort of sent us down the path of me commenting on "hate". I've expressed no such sentiment for these folks, you've ascribed it to me simply because you have a different point of view.

Then you continue by jumping from me being for the strict defense of our borders to "defending trump".

Like I said, there's too much emotion for you and not enough logic in this argument. I certainly don't hate you for it though, nor does it make me sad, nor does it make me think you're gullible and jaded. I just think you're wrong----and that's ok.

Now I'm really going to bed...goodnight.

Re: putting words? You started it friend.

Jun 21, 2018, 10:48 PM

If I have any emotion on the topic, it is because I am very sad that this is where we ended up as a country.

And you have a shown a pretty consistent pattern of defending trump's actions. My apologies if I am wrong. And at no time have I ever thought you hate these people.

you asked me why I hated immigrants.

Jun 22, 2018, 8:17 AM

Then you edited it out. Stop lying.

Re: you asked me why I hated immigrants.

Jun 22, 2018, 9:13 AM

I was being factious and knew that you would take it the wrong way. I have no reason to believe you hate anyone Obed, but you sure are jaded.

why Do you edit your posts 3 and 4 times?

Jun 22, 2018, 9:16 AM

You just did it to this one.

Re: why Do you edit your posts 3 and 4 times?

Jun 22, 2018, 9:29 AM

because I tend to hit the post button before editing. and with some posters I have to be extra careful to make sure i do not come off the wrong way. 99% of the time IDC.

This post aged EXTREMELY well***

Jun 22, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to When you're more outraged... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Ouch, this has gotta sting...

Jun 21, 2018, 2:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can finally put a real Time cover up in his golf clubs.***

Jun 21, 2018, 4:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He can finally put a real Time cover up in his golf clubs.***

Jun 21, 2018, 4:59 PM

True. What does it tell you about a man that goes to the trouble to have a dozen fake Time covers made and then have the audacity to actually hang them in your businesses.

Trump's fake time cover:

The Audacity of Dope***

Jun 21, 2018, 5:27 PM

Re: Ouch, this has gotta sting...

Jun 21, 2018, 5:03 PM

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1009764707346075649

So are they printing this on that Harry Potter paper or....?***

Jun 21, 2018, 5:28 PM

Oh no, Trump finally sees some bad press

Jun 21, 2018, 8:18 PM

how will he ever manage...

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All hail Photoshop

Jun 22, 2018, 3:29 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1,066
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic