Topic: Ooops....the shine's coming off that Final 4 finish
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 26, 2017 12:37 PM by: dsgriff
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6   Pages: 1  

Ooops....the shine's coming off that Final 4 finish

[2]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 11:53 AM

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/former-gamecock-coach-lamont-evans-indicted.244301/

Player-3

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 11:57 AM

Hmmm

First date cited was March 3, 2016...

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:07 PM

Which was while he was South Carolina coach. At that meeting it was hypothetically discussed that Evans could influence a specific student-athlete at South Carolina.

Second meeting cited was April 16, 2016, at the which Evans actually took money. He was hired by OSU on April 4th, so he was employed by Oklahoma St. when this happened.

Almost a year later, Evans took more money and introduced an Oklahoma St. player ("University-3") to the parties present.

I strongly doubt that was his 1st time being corrupt***

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:11 PM

Yes, there are accusations in the document...

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:16 PM

That point to there being a history with Evans.

this ain't the NCAA .....this is US Justice Dept & the FBI

[2]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:31 PM

they DO have subpoena power and can throw people in jail for long periods of time.....we'll start seeing attorneys trying to make deals for their clients as accused/implicated flee for the shadows. I know I've been beating a solitary drum about Frank Martin's history and reputation, but its all been based on solid fact.....now you chickens are going to have to live with the choice made in his hiring. Years ago, usuck hired Frank McGuire after he was run off from chapelhill in a huge scandal and he got the chickens put on NCAA probation within a few years.

We'll know the truth soon, and I'm betting it won't be pleasant

Maintained contact with Player-3

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:37 PM

Even after changing jobs.

But I am sure he was a clean recruiter ??

Replies: 6   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: The Citadel
FOR SALE: 2 AWESOME SEATS FOR SALE FOR CITADEL. SECTION G, ROW M, SEATS 1 & 3. HOME SIDE, LOWER BOWL, PRETTY ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Basketball ]
Start New Topic
1373 people have read this post