»
Topic: Only fans can force a coaching change when the...
Replies: 4   Last Post: Mar 20, 2019 2:46 PM by: jgh187
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Only fans can force a coaching change when the...

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 2:19 PM

administration is unwilling.

The local media-coach relationship at places like Clemson will always be lopsided. The local media need to stay on coaches' good sides in order to get them to give the boring soundbites that we then consume as though they're breaking news. If the local media express an opinion that is contrarian, ask tough (albeit obvious) questions, or get to the bottom of real issues, they get blackballed by coaches, and the cozy relationship between WCCP/Tigernet/other outlets and Clemson athletics gets strained. The local media can't afford that. Unfortunately, the national media don't care about Clemson basketball coaching (they barely care about Clemson football even with all the success we've had).

The WCCP relationship is especially interesting. The WCCP employee list and the Clemson radio employee list is inextricable. And Walt, who usually tells it like it is, won't tell the truth on the Brownell issue for some reason.

When administrators are unwilling to make coaching changes, only fans have the power to make it happen by being vocal about their opinions, and not going to games; or if they go to games, they have to be vocal about the issue there.

Re: Only fans can force a coaching change when the...

[1]
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 2:34 PM

Please, find something constructive in life to do than whine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Count me out.***

[1]
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 2:36 PM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Are we talking about real fans (alumni)

[1]
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 2:41 PM

or those other people?

2019 purple level member

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

I'm an alum, but I welcome...

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 2:46 PM

all fans to not go to basketball games, voice their displeasure, etc. Not everyone had the opportunity to go to Clemson, but I am happy that people can still be fans.

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
628 people have read this post