Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One think we've learned from this whole thing is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,198

One think we've learned from this whole thing is

Aug 1, 2020, 11:22 AM

If Notre Dame ever joins as full member (not likely), we do not need to add a 16th team and split the money even further. We simply go to non-divisional setup and split the money 15 ways. Also, even with remaining at an 8 conference game schedule, teams would get to play each other more often. We do need to go to a non-divisional set up no matter what Notre Dame does or doesn't do.

If Notre Dame makes it clear they never want to join (have made it abundantly clear) and no longer want to be in the ACC deal (unlikely), then perhaps add West Virginia as the 15th team and will be even better, assuming West Virginia can bring enough additional money to make it worth adding them (also not likely). If the Big12 breaks up and there is a land grab, then get West Virginia as 15th team whether they an bring the money or not (Very unlikely).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One think we've learned from this whole thing is

Aug 1, 2020, 12:09 PM

You know if the coots came back to the ACC we wouldnt have no rival game this year. They are the most obvious choice for the ACC. I'm seeing no reason for ND or WV anyway. SC and maybe Memphis if you want to get to 16. personally I'd dump Pitt, Syr, and BC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One think we've learned from this whole thing is

Aug 1, 2020, 12:18 PM

Yeah I say dump Syracuse, BC, and Pitt. Try to get Memphis and USF. Makes no sense by teams are going to travel up to the North East in Indiana but 4 rivalry games are being flushed thanks to the SEC being scared. All COVID precautions and policies should be the same for each power 5 school and testing should be paid for by the NCAA who has money to burn.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will never have 16 now that this nondivisional

Aug 1, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: One think we've learned from this whole thing is ]

setup is an option. The 15th team, if not Notre Dame, or West Virginia (2nd best option), will be the last. As for South Carolina returning to the ACC, I hope it never happens. That would be the best move for them. They would have a slightly better chance to compete. In the SEC, it is doubtful they ever make an SECCG again, let alone win the conference or make the playoffs.

Memphis and South Florida, as mentioned by someone else, yuck. These are not names that you want in a conference. Louisville name is bad enough and sounds like Memphis. South Florida, don't want another pro stadium team and certainly don't want a directional school. Which begs the question, should South Carolina be considered a directional school, their name certainly sounds like one, LOL.

They won it once in the ACC, so they could do it again. In

Aug 1, 2020, 1:26 PM

my lifetime....probably not.

Re: They won it once in the ACC, so they could do it again. In

Aug 1, 2020, 7:28 PM

That year there was no other ACC team above 0.500.
Rare as chicken teeth, and their one and only opportunity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

At least need to stick to ATLANTIC COAST states!***

Aug 1, 2020, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: One think we've learned from this whole thing is ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,198
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic