Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One reason why we’re playing so well in NCAAs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

One reason why we’re playing so well in NCAAs

Mar 19, 2018, 10:14 AM

The officials are letting us actually play defense in the paint.

Thomas and Simms were a force on post defense last night but at least 4-5 of the blocks and strips we made on defense under the basket last night would have been whistled for fouls in ACC play.

There’s a reason why Elijah Thomas has not been in foul trouble in either tournament game while he had to sit with fouls in almost every ACC game.

We’re a different team when Thomas is freed up to play hard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with this 100%***

Mar 19, 2018, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: One reason why we’re playing so well in NCAAs

Mar 19, 2018, 10:16 AM

what conference were the refs from the last 2 games? do you know what refs will be at the next game?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Mar 19, 2018, 10:34 AM

Logic (sometimes does not exist) would say that the ref's would be from a different conference than the 2 teams playing. If true, at least they would not be ACC ref's.

Message was edited by: Tiger68®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2018, 10:46 AM

That will be a blessing for us. Of course, if Duke or UNCheat were playing, they would beg for ACC "home boys" to call for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: One reason why we’re playing so well in NCAAs ]

Logic is also a very talented rapper

You're absolutely correct.

Mar 19, 2018, 10:17 AM

I was thinking the same thing last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

We'll probably get ACC refs next game.***

Mar 19, 2018, 10:22 AM

Completely agree....

Mar 19, 2018, 8:45 PM

and it's one of the reasons UNCheat got their a$$es handed to them last night.

They didn't have ACC officials there to bail-them-out or to give them the benefit of every possible call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Completely agree....

Mar 19, 2018, 10:33 AM

Made that same comment to my wife last night. Clemson is performing at a higher level in the tourney than in the ACC because the officials are removing themselves from impacting the game. They are calling fouls when there are some, but they are not favoring either team. I wonder if that will continue against a blue blood like Kansas?

Mar 19, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Completely agree.... ]

UNCheat "didn't have ACC officials there to bail-them-out or to give them the benefit of every possible call."

Thoughts, tarheeledtiger ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mar 19, 2018, 11:47 AM

Tar heeled tiger probably will not be available today!

He's busy cleaning the vomit off his shoes***

Mar 19, 2018, 12:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Exactly. Without him we're done.

Mar 19, 2018, 10:34 AM

I hope the trend continues.

Agree. Brownell said on Walt's show that he hoped

Mar 19, 2018, 10:37 AM

the refs would allow us to play physical similar to ACC play. He said the ACC was an extremely physical league and hoped the refs would be similar in NCAA.

I'm thinking, Brad... I know it's been a while, but in general, the refs in the NCAA tourney allow much more physical play than the ACC.

I just found that comment surprising.

So he lied to you? Look at the fouls per team across...

Mar 19, 2018, 10:53 AM

the country/D1 ball. 6 ACC teams, ~excluding ties, are top 25ish fewest whistled.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/286

People oft times see games & officiating with their hearts, so the perception is understandable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC must foul like crazy.***

Mar 19, 2018, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Not a lot of Power Conference teams in the low end, save the ACC.

Mar 19, 2018, 11:54 AM

Brad knows what he's saying, he gets paid to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree entirely

Mar 19, 2018, 10:52 AM

I was telling my son as we were watching the game that the first 3 to 4 blocks down low all "looked like" ACC fouls. They weren't fouls, but they would've been assumed to have been fouls in conference play, and that would've changed the entire dynamic of the game.

Last night, in my estimation, would've been a close single digit style win for our Tigers if the game was called as tightly as they have been in ACC play.

and hear I thought it was because

Mar 19, 2018, 10:53 AM

we scored more points than the other team silly me

Mar 19, 2018, 11:43 AM

Very,very true. This is the way basketball is supposed to be played. Don’t count on things changing in the acc however.

One of my good friends is a chapel hill grad and he was exclaiming how amazing Texas a.m. was at blocking shots.
I told him it happened all the time except those blocks on the tarheels were fouls in the acc. No remark from him!
That however, is a true statement.

The important thing .... we’re still playing and they’re home going to class!

Exactly. fun to watch when refs let teams play and don't...

Mar 19, 2018, 12:20 PM

call fouls for every time you breathe on someone. ACC officiating sucks, unless you are Duke or UNC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2018, 12:20 PM

Yes, it was refreshing to see what a basketball game is actually supposed to look like. Auburn, to their credit, didn't seem to whine about the refs much, as if this was a normally-called game for them. Had this been dook or unc they would have been crying and throwing tantrums like a bunch of spoiled babies!

This is one thing I'd point out if I coached Syracuse...

Mar 19, 2018, 1:29 PM

I would be telling my players that this is going to be their first opportunity to play Duke with a neutral officiating crew. If Duke wins and Clemson wins, then I hope Brownell is telling our guys that.

Auburn fans whined on their own board.

Mar 19, 2018, 1:56 PM

Saw this on an Aubie board:

"I can't believe I'm the only one to mention this Clemson was allowed to shove our players all over the court without consequence. They might as well have been armed with machetes. AU takes it to the basket and gets body-slammed by a player in the arc and no foul called. Then AU touches a three-point shooter's little pinky and the man goes down like he was shot with a deer rifle... result, 3 foul shots. This doesn't excuse our overall play (pitiful) but I hate this brutal type of basketball. I have been an Auburn fan for over 60 years and this is the first time I have ever quit watching an Auburn event before the end. I just turned it off in disgust!"

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic