»
Topic: One 5* does not a succesful team make
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 26, 2018 11:34 AM by: SouthernStyle
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

One 5* does not a succesful team make

[1]
Posted: May 25, 2018 9:37 PM

Nm

Two 5 stars on the DL to that program is a huge upgrade....

Posted: May 25, 2018 9:39 PM

though. I prefer they are in dumpster fire mode, but they are coming around.

2018 white level member

Re: Two 5 stars on the DL to that program is a huge upgrade....

Posted: May 25, 2018 10:11 PM

That Clowney guy is surely responsible for all their recent success.

Yes...he was a great recruit for Muscoot*****

Posted: May 25, 2018 10:16 PM

2018 white level member

Re: One 5* does not a succesful team make

Posted: May 25, 2018 10:25 PM

Oh I’m sorry, this is the thread for Yodaisms right?

Muschamp had lots of 5-stars at Florida

[2]
Posted: May 25, 2018 11:15 PM

He’s a proven recruiter, but not a proven coach.

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: Muschamp had lots of 5-stars at Florida

Posted: May 26, 2018 9:02 AM

He’s a proven recruiter, but not a proven coach.

True, You can even say he is a proven DC, but the jury is still out on HC. UF coach McElwain (who was also a train wreck) did better with Lumpy's players in 2015-16 than Lumpy did in 2013-14.

Re: Muschamp had lots of 5-stars at Florida

Posted: May 26, 2018 9:44 AM

You act like he didn't learn anything from his time at Florida. He screwed up bringing Roper is as OC but it didn't take long after year two to kick him to the road. Now he has a bright young mind with McLendon and a great QB coach and mentor for him with Werner.

Think back when Dabo first took over as HC. He didn't have a good offense until he hired Chad Morris and didn't have a good defense until he hired Venables. Which goes to show that a HC is only as good as his assistants. Muschamp will have us competing for both the SEC and the state soon and the Pickens and Hilinski commitments are huge steps in that direction.

pretty sure muschamp ain’t reaching Dabo status

Posted: May 26, 2018 10:30 AM

But I do think he’s going to have y’all competing with Clemson in a couple years. But do me a favor.... as a Gamecock fan...if you beat Clemson in 3 years don’t start talking about how y’all are going to take over the rivalry from this point on..or talk like you’ve always been better just haven’t played good, or how the SeC is the reason why you won bc of such a tougher schedule... is that possible? Or no?

A good dline is where you start competing. And Belk is definitely good and I assume Pickens is legit as well. Others will come along as well bc PT is there for the taking.

Re: pretty sure muschamp ain’t reaching Dabo status

Posted: May 26, 2018 11:34 AM

El Tigre 1 said:

But I do think he’s going to have y’all competing with Clemson in a couple years. But do me a favor.... as a Gamecock fan...if you beat Clemson in 3 years don’t start talking about how y’all are going to take over the rivalry from this point on..or talk like you’ve always been better just haven’t played good, or how the SeC is the reason why you won bc of such a tougher schedule... is that possible? Or no?

A good dline is where you start competing. And Belk is definitely good and I assume Pickens is legit as well. Others will come along as well bc PT is there for the taking.

I'm not that kind of fan. I just enjoy the rivalry more when both teams are good. You can't tell me that out of your current winning streak that the last one when we were finally playing competitive football (at least against teams of equal talent level) in WB was not the best of the four. We had a nice streak going until Spurrier got lazy while Dabo was recruiting and building. I think that we are close to getting back there again to where our games are competitive. Hopefully we can at least give you guys a game this year, I can take a loss but those butt whoopings suck.

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Louisville
FOR SALE: Two tickets and parking pass. $175 for entire package. TDG Row V. Excellent view-click on image but...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1076 people have read this post