Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Once Bill Clinton said 'It depends on what 'is' is'...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,864

Once Bill Clinton said 'It depends on what 'is' is'...

Jun 29, 2019, 3:38 PM

Reality and obvious were relegated to irrelevance.

I'm tempted to berate with a lollipop analogy, but...I'll pass...

Bama, 44-16 and, ND, 30-3, ARE the definition of 'taken to the woodshed'. This self-psycho-analysis has to stop. Delusion is simply that...vapor...some odiferous, others not so much, is vapor nonetheless. Deal with it...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once Bill Clinton said 'It depends on what 'is' is'...

Jun 29, 2019, 4:19 PM

We live in a world of liars, intentional or otherwise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said it 2 years ago when Debbie Wasserman Shultz got

Jun 29, 2019, 8:00 PM

caught in a bald faced lie on national television by none other than Anderson Cooper. He called her out on it and she repeated it. He said, "No I cannot let you say that, because it is not true", to which she replied, "It doesn't matter".

She was the head of the DNC at the time and actually said lying does not matter. And she was right.

Truth only matters when the

Jun 30, 2019, 2:24 PM

Consequence of falsehood is feared. There is no fear, these days.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t worry about it...

Jun 29, 2019, 7:31 PM

The delusional are easier to beat. It’s when they accept reality and start making real adjustments to overcome reality that we need to watch out.

This goes especially for teams who actually consider a 21-point beatdown to be a moral victory.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2019, 10:21 PM

“What are the great faults of conversation? Want of ideas, want of words, want of manners, are the principal ones, I suppose you think.

I don’t doubt it, but I will tell you what I have found spoil more good talks than anything else; long arguments on special points between people who differ on the fundamental principles on which these points depend. No men can have satisfactory relations with each other until they have agreed on certain ultima of belief not to be disturbed in ordinary conversation, and unless they have sense enough to trace the secondary questions depending upon these ultimate beliefs to their source. In short, just as a written constitution is essential to the best social order, so a code of finalities is a necessary condition of profitable talk between two persons.

Let me lay down the law upon the subject. Life and language are alike sacred. Homicide and verbicide – that is, violent treatment of a word with fatal results to its legitimate meaning, which is its life – are alike forbidden.”

The great moralist says: ‘To trifle with the vocabulary which is the vehicle of intercourse is to tamper with the currency of human intelligence....’ The infection spread to the national conscience. Political double-dealings naturally grew out of verbal double-meanings.”

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes in "The Autocrat of the Breakfast Table"

Jun 30, 2019, 12:58 PM

I feel out of my chair when he looked right into the camera and gave that answer. I thought this is the President of The United States.

I wonder what dictionary Bill used. ??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,864
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic