Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On This Date: 2003 Clemson- 30 (25)Virginia - 27 F/OT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,056

On This Date: 2003 Clemson- 30 (25)Virginia - 27 F/OT

Oct 11, 2018, 8:12 AM

10/11/2003
Death Valley, SC

Clemson Claws Past Virginia in OT

CLEMSON, S.C. (AP)

Kevin Youngblood's leaping 4-yard reception in overtime gave the Tigers a dramatic 30-27 victory over visiting Virginia in a key Atlantic Coast Conference matchup . Two years previous in Clemson, UVA's Billy McMullen scored an identical game-winning touchdown in the final seconds for Virginia on a play in which he appeared to push off to gain separation. This day, Kevin Youngblood would flip the s-cript and give the Tigers a much needed, hard fought victory on a soggy afternoon in Death Valley.

Youngblood's winning grab capped off a wild afternoon full of momentum changes and emotional ups and downs on both sides.

Charlie Whitehurst, who ran for one TD and passed for another, was 27-of-44 for 265 yards. Youngblood had nine catches for 87 yards, and Yusef Kelly ran for 88 yards in his first start of the season. The Cavs got the ball a last time in regulation, but Clemson's Tye Hill intercepted a pass with 5 seconds left to send the game into OT. A tenacious Tiger Defense stymied Virginia's league-leading rushing attack, which turned in a virtually-ineffective 53 yards.

https://youtu.be/VayAZtPp7V4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

That was the year of "The Finish"...major upset of FSU...

Oct 11, 2018, 9:12 AM

romp over Duke.... Destroying the coots...and a upset victory over Tennessee in the Peach Bowl. But that whole season was weird tho.
We salvage a season with those stunning defeats of 2 Top 10 schools and destroying SC to close out the season.
Properly TB best moments.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was the year of "The Finish"...major upset of FSU...

Oct 11, 2018, 9:32 AM

Back when orange britches werent for championships. Virginia had Matt Schaub, and Heath Miller that year.

Oct 11, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to That was the year of "The Finish"...major upset of FSU... ]

Back when orange britches werent for championships. Virginia had Matt Schaub, and Heath Miller that year.

Oct 12, 2018, 5:22 AM [ in reply to That was the year of "The Finish"...major upset of FSU... ]

that was a heck of a season! I was at the FSU game. up until halfway into the 4thq, I. and most of us, were fearfully waiting for the wheels to fall off. that win was amazing. also, my work neighbors at the time were exemplary USuC fans ( meaning they were first class a$$holes) and nothing we did in that game got in our way.
finally, that bowl game! we made Tennessee look like absolute fools in front of the whole nation.

some here seem to hate Bowden. though I am so very happy with dabo, Bowden gave us some mighty fine games.

Who is Virginia ? What conference do they play in ?

Oct 11, 2018, 9:47 AM

Seriously, when's the last time we played UVA in football ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a game! The 2003 season is still the most bizarre

Oct 12, 2018, 6:35 AM

season in Clemson football history in my opinion.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,056
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic