Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Omaha is the next goal for our Tigers.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Omaha is the next goal for our Tigers.

Mar 18, 2018, 10:31 AM

The basketball Tigers, that is. Beating Auburn tonight sets us up for the Midwest Regional next week in Omaha, NE, to face Kansas. This is what March is supposed to look like, and I know we can do it.

Baseball can wait. There will be plenty of time for that later this spring and summer. For now, get behind this basketball team. It is one of the best we have ever had at Clemson.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Come on Judge, hopefully folks are astute & able enough...

Mar 18, 2018, 10:38 AM

to do both.

Your post suggests they're not? It's a good think GWPTiger® has no feelings you can hurt. Haha...

Go Tigers, one & all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, all I hear in November and December is that basketball can wait

Mar 18, 2018, 11:14 AM

because it is still football season. Turnabout is fair play, so baseball can wait.

(But yes, I do think our fans can cheer for both simultaneously).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If that's all you hear, then you don't hear so good?

Mar 18, 2018, 11:28 AM

I'd have that checked or maybe you're just as bad as those you're mocking? I know there are plenty that will say what you suggest, but not all even if you're trying to base it in hyperbole.

And really, turnabout isn't fair play, it's childish and would hope below you.

I actually believe it is, but you seem intent on doubling down.

Go Tigers, no matter what you hear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you are missing the point of my post.

Mar 18, 2018, 11:37 AM

The point is that we have a huge basketball game tonight and it is exciting to be at this point. A lot has been accomplished by this year’s team, and the potential is there for even more.

The “baseball can wait” comment was mostly a joke, referencing those fans who justify a lack of basketball support when it is still football season. Obviously Clemson fans can support all Clemson sports, and certainly should. This is why I feel strongly that Clemson needs to embrace being both a football school and a basketball school.

Go Tigers!

No, I don't miss anything, I can discuss with equal verve...

Mar 18, 2018, 11:42 AM

and resolve a myriad of things, maybe you can't?

Nothing I talk about in baseball, golf, tiddly winks takes one bit away from what lay in front of our Tiger Netters come 7:10 this evening.

Yes, your post was a joke, couldn't agree more and said so.

Go Tigers!

Me thinks DSP just likes a good argument

Mar 18, 2018, 12:31 PM

Actually I know that ;)

Top of the day to you sir

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Haha, some come to read, some come to read, then chat...

Mar 18, 2018, 12:40 PM

in no particular order and the latter's just my game.

And really, argument in such a strong word.

;)

Hey hey @gville76, thanks and to you as well.

Re: Omaha is the next goal for our Tigers.

Mar 18, 2018, 10:41 AM

I’m behind them 100% and know we will win another Championship making all the doubters believers!! This team is well an able to beat anybody playing like they are on fire!

The light is on and shining bright for our basketball program, the Best is yet to come!

GO TIGERS!!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

In case you haven't noticed, our baseball team

Mar 18, 2018, 11:04 AM

has lost 2 in a row. If you're ok with losing, then that's on you...but ignoring the problem (losses piling up in baseball) isn't going to make it go away. Best is the standard, we should be the best in every sport, not just one or two of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: In case you haven't noticed, our baseball team

Mar 18, 2018, 11:28 AM

Best thing I’ve read on this bored in a while!!!

Heck, I still excited about following Doc in Arnie’s tourney today. Just hope he gets a little air time. Maybe get interviewed for low am.

It’s all Clemson all the time!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tru dat, Tigers at play all over, in life, on the links...

Mar 18, 2018, 11:29 AM

between the lines & on the hard woods.

Go Tigers, the tall and the small; you too bob.

Mar 18, 2018, 11:47 AM [ in reply to In case you haven't noticed, our baseball team ]

We're still like 15-3 so it's fine.

And you can't just use the phrase "best is standard" to have unrealistic expectations for everything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2018, 12:00 PM

In support of Clemson there should never be any " unrealistic expectations " . The phrase " Best is the Standard " is perfect . The ultimate goal should always lie in achieving excellence , whether it is football or in concrete boat building .

DB23

Remember when our Concrete Boat Team ruled the known World?

Mar 18, 2018, 12:06 PM

Good times.

Happy Sunday Td23. Best is about each individual doing their best, no matter the circumstance and if according to Dabo you do so, then he's fine with the results.

You're a Best Standards poster or maybe that's just me?

Haha.

Re: Remember when our Concrete Boat Team ruled the known World?

Mar 18, 2018, 12:19 PM

Morning DSP !

I'm just sitting on this old rusty rig , chokin' the bit in a windy , cold Brooklyn NY this morning .
Always try my best , and expect it from others . Was engrained in me by my late father , and I likely still have the bootmarks to prove it .

DB23

Haha, people have off days, but hopefully they're expected

Mar 18, 2018, 12:26 PM

to give it their best at all times, being human & flawed aside.

Sometimes it seems some forgive and reward the habit of giving less than your best, which seems a disservice of sorts to all involved.

Anyways, good Sunday to you and all.

Om a ha ha! Glad that was about most fav. Tiger team right

Mar 18, 2018, 12:05 PM

now! BASKETBALL, it is about time, first in years, I had rather watch Tiger BasketB. ! I hope to say the same thing tomorrow? NC State looks like a high school team, mostly smaller and makes most Tigers look like pros. I guess Small Ball wins esp. when that fast.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic