Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Olinemen out of Spartanburg S.C.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Olinemen out of Spartanburg S.C.

Dec 11, 2018, 11:34 PM

Whats the deal with the 2 Olinemen from Dorman? They are in the Shrine Bowl. Wonder why Clemson does not offer them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Olinemen out of Spartanburg S.C.

Dec 12, 2018, 7:01 AM

We’ve recruited Dorman pretty hard so I’m sure the coaches have evaluated them pretty extensively. If we miss on the couple targets we’re still in play for maybe they go back and offer them, similar to McFadden last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just because someone is voted best in

Dec 12, 2018, 7:32 AM

in the state by a group of HS coaches, doesn’t mean they are good enough to help Clemson. The talent pool in this state has been weak for some time IMO. Who are they offered by? Also- not saying this about these particular kids but there are high hurdles to cross to be a Clemson target besides on the field projection.

Re: the talent pool in SC has become weak...

Dec 12, 2018, 8:39 AM

I keep seeing this posted but I am not sure that is the case. I feel like the talent in-State is not what has changed. Clemson has been able to recruit Nationally now and pull 4* and 5* talent from other states. Back in the Bowden era, we pulled good talent from Florida and NC and had a few recruits elsewhere from other states. Now, we are not only able to recruit in other states but are often able to get top talent from those states. Just look at the offensive skill players. Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, etc. But, you still have the best talent in SC coming to CU. DK, XT, and more. The only time I feel like the talent was MUCH better in-state was back in 09-10 and most of that group went to USCe, unfortunately. Fortunately or unfortunately (however you look at it), we are able to pass on the top in-state talent now whereas in the past, we could not. $0.02

Re: the talent pool in SC has become weak...

Dec 12, 2018, 10:01 AM

Last year was top-heavy for recruits in the state. After the top 5 or 6 there was a huge drop.

This year after Pickens at the top there is a major lack of stars. There are also not many roster filling 3 and 4 stars in state this year.

I heard someone say recently that this may be the worst SC & NC high school class combined in recent memory.

It's not just that we are better and recruiting better. The state of SC has really dried up this year for talent.

Dec 12, 2018, 8:28 AM

Our coaches are aware of the people out there who can help us and are interested in Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 10:12 AM

Dabo has a Gulfstream , Or something close , They can go anywhere now .

Not like that crop duster in cooterville .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic