Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ole Chicken Gene at it again. LOL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Ole Chicken Gene at it again. LOL

Jun 23, 2019, 3:43 PM

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson/clemson-won-t-release-ostarine-investigation-findings-cites-privacy-law/article_7367fdc8-9380-11e9-8b76-4f3b8d2465fa.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ole Chicken Gene at it again. LOL

Jun 23, 2019, 3:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gene...listen closely to those short, choppy sentences...

Jun 23, 2019, 4:25 PM

None of these players played in the playoffs.
Clemson still broke two long, stiff ones into Notre Dame and Alabama'sass
You DO NOT have the right to be told everything you want.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jun 23, 2019, 4:45 PM

I take it that he thinks that the source was found and withheld from the NCAA, rather than trying to have the young men reinstated. I have said some stupid things, heard even worse, but this might take the cake.

Sapakoff is a UGa alum and an unrepentant SEC

Jun 23, 2019, 5:17 PM

sycophant which largely accounts for his popularity in the Lowcountry.

This is the same guy who, when the seedings for the CFP came out, went on a Charleston radio sports call-in show complained loudly and at length that Clemson DID NOT deserve a #2 or #3 seeding because of who they'd played during the regular season and that a discussion could be held that the Tigers maybe didn't deserve to be in the Play-offs at all! He has yet to apologize or retract those statements made in early Jan

...I don't read every word SEC homer Sapakoff writes, but I don't remember EVER SEEING a word written about the the 3 or 4 'Bama players who were suspended prior to the playoffs....reportedly for the exact same issue....in point of fact, I don't remember hearing anything nationally about those Tide players afterwards nor much about the 3 suspended Clemson players since the game was played. Sapaoff is just representative of the chicken/SEC sentiment locally which Clean Gene has almost single-handedly kept the issue out front

...have not seen a Sappy column about the constant mention of usuck in the national press as the trials of the former basketball assistant coaches caught up in the FBI investigation have drawn to a close.....& Sapakoff really hasn't had much to say on his weekly local radio interviews about the butt-kickin' applied to "one of the best teams in college football history" by the Tigers

Sapakoff gets paid to write a regular sports opinion column...its just that his opinion is as predictable as Finebaum's smooching of Nick Saban's posterior....but thats OK, without the constant vague implication that Clemson is somehow cheating, chicken and certain SEC homer columnists would be completely unable to explain the Tigers winning 2 of the last 3 National Championships

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD

Jun 23, 2019, 5:21 PM

You’ve got a pretty good handle on things.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies like this

Jun 23, 2019, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Sapakoff is a UGa alum and an unrepentant SEC ]

are why the P&C no longer allows comments on Gene's articles, LOL Thumbs Up.

Re: Sapakoff is a UGa alum and an unrepentant SEC

Jun 23, 2019, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Sapakoff is a UGa alum and an unrepentant SEC ]

Jealousy isn't pretty.
Jean looks like someone who's never been a winner at anything in his life. The bitterness is somewhat understandable. It's part of the coot DNA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 23, 2019, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Sapakoff is a UGa alum and an unrepentant SEC ]

Quote: "This is the same guy who, when the seedings for the CFP came out, went on a Charleston radio sports call-in show complained loudly and at length that Clemson DID NOT deserve a #2 or #3 seeding because of who they'd played during the regular season and that a discussion could be held that the Tigers maybe didn't deserve to be in the Play-offs at all! He has yet to apologize or retract those statements made in early Jan"

As a matter of fact, I think he may have had us ranked 8th or 9th ..... something really ridiculous.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Sapakoff is a UGa alum and an unrepentant SEC ]

Apparently if you say the players violated team rules and are a tool to the press to start with no one will question what they were actually suspended for. Satan even went so far as to say the suspended guys would probably not be back next season but nothing was ever said about it. I live in Birmingham and the sports media around here never brought it up, but they still mention the Clemson suspensions on occasion. Dabo needs to be less open or downright hostile toward the press instead of the way he is. Then they won't make an issue out of anything because they don't want to be flamed by the coach in a presser.

He writes for a local newspaper so who cares what he writes?

Jun 23, 2019, 5:37 PM

How many people will read it? Less than a 1,000?

It was posted here so a lot of people will read it.***

Jun 23, 2019, 8:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poor Gene, he keeps writing virtually the same article every

Jun 23, 2019, 6:13 PM

four or five weeks and putting it in the Sunday paper. There is absolutely not thing new in this article than the one from the end of May. I will give him credit that this time he decided to mention that all 27 supplements issued by Clemson tested negative. As great as he is with numbers and details, he very obviously left that fact out of his last article, even though it was in every article and statement elsewhere.

HE is the only one still clinging to this story as the national media, opposing fans (except Uof SCar fans) and even Bama fans have long moved on. Once the players were denied their appeal, that removed any chance that Clemson had accidentally given something that could have been in many more players.He likes to say that fewer than 20 players were tested prior to the playoff by the NCAA. Yes, but if this were a team-wide issue, all of the players tested would have been positive.

The NCAA has a protocol and if a player tests positive, they can't play. That is what happened. Therefore, no ineligible players played, period. The attorney statement is very clear on other sprots bodies that have had to reverse suspensions in cases of a trace amount, but the NCAA is still clinging to its old standard. Eventually, they will have to address what trace amount means and join the other sports boards.

The anti-Clemson jack offs on reddit are loving this.

Jun 23, 2019, 7:51 PM

They still don’t understand how (little ole) Clemson is capable of such levels of recruiting and winning championships. Morons, all of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 23, 2019, 7:58 PM

They don't call him Sapakoot for nothing . He has never given Clemson due credit for any of the vast number of athletic or academic accomplishments going as far back as I can remember him writing for the P/C .
He hates everything about Clemson and his slanted journalistic jabs are testimony to it .
He is as biased as they come folks .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic