Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OU fans love jumping on BV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,083

OU fans love jumping on BV

Dec 27, 2015, 8:14 PM

But without BV at OU, they have stayed fairly the same in defensive rankings. Some years better, some worse, but relatively the same. Meanwhile, our defense has made drastic improvements.

Now, they have not proven themselves to be the smartest bunch, but isn't it plausible that Stoops, being a former DC and pretty much the architect of the OU defense, is more the problem with the OU defense? At Clemson, BV has full autonomy over the D, whereas I doubt very seriously he was afforded that luxury at OU.

I also believe we have better coaches with Hobby, Reed, and Brooks. All 3 of those guys have been considered among the best at coaching the position they are presently coaching.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OU fans love jumping on BV

Dec 27, 2015, 8:20 PM

Having bigger, faster athletes can make you a better coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 8:23 PM

And coach bv has had a lot to do with getting those athletes. Glad we have him and they dont.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Dec 27, 2015, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans love jumping on BV ]

Agreed. Sometimes it's the Jimmys and the Joes, not the Xs and Os.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2015, 8:20 PM

Let them mouth off al,they want. We punch them in the mouth and then stream roll them. Go tigers!!!

Heck the bandwagon is big enough...

Dec 27, 2015, 8:26 PM

I say let 'em jump on.

Dec 27, 2015, 11:32 PM

I've seen Venables coach. He's an absolutely intense - sometimes overly intense - in-your-face-type, Alpha Dog, but he always seemed very structured, on point, and organized. He also did not seem to cross the line to abusive...he'll jack you, but he wasn't frothing at the mouth and cursing your parentage while he was doing it.

Mike Stoops, on the other hand, is just a psycho...he comes across as more than a bit abusive, entitled, like he's football royalty, and there's always this seething...chaos, going on on Mike Stoops' sidelines. Guys don't seem to communicate, and substitutions and even lining up often come across as these Chinese fire drills, with people screeching - usually incoherently - at each other and completely losing their ish on the sidelines, as it were, and in the middle of it all is Mike Stoops, usually screaming red-faced spittle-mouthed fury into some unfortunate staffer or player's face. The guy just isn't that organized, he isn't that smart, and his MO seems to be intimidate and abuse everyone around him if something goes awry. If his family name wasn't "Stoops" I think there would be a very, very different public opinion of Brother Mike. I have never been impressed by Mike Stoops. Actually he reminds me strongly of Will Muschamp, in a lot of ways, except that Muschamp actually can coach him some defense, whereas I've never been sold Mike Stoops ever had a clue what he was doing.

Just MHO.

Dec 28, 2015, 12:13 AM

This Stoops feller , he ever did you dishonest ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 28, 2015, 12:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He got his big $$ from Arizona thanks to his bro Bob.*****

Dec 28, 2015, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Re: OU fans love jumping on BV ]

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,083
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic