Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT...Rideshare set-up at new Braves stadium is horrid...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,255

OT...Rideshare set-up at new Braves stadium is horrid...

Apr 15, 2019, 10:41 AM

I go to several Braves games a year and use Uber or Lyft because the parking is way too expensive compared to Turner Field.

Well the rideshare set-up there is a fiasco. They've got one lane designated for it on the first base side of the stadium. Except the lane is always full of limos, taxis, and cops.

And the cops are spending more time harassing rideshare users than directing traffic. Since the planning was awful and there is no good place for rideshare, people just hop in and out of cars that are waiting in the traffic.

Of course the cops think this is huge crime, so they yell at and are just general d-bags to people trying to negotiate the poorly planned mess.

Well last night my girlfriend got a citation for getting in a Lyft car just sitting in traffic. The cop ticketed her instead of me because she got in the car first. The cop was yelling at everyone, she just happened to be the unlucky one.

So this may be my last Braves game of the year. Love the Battery and the new Park, but if the local officials' solution to their poor planning is to harass customers, I'll just stay home. End of rant.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My oldest son and his bride and I usually go to . . .

Apr 15, 2019, 10:53 AM

a weekend series or two every year and visit my Aunt. We haven't picked our first weekend yet, but when we go I'll just pay the $30 bucks for parking and walk in . . . I'm too old for those hassles.

Sorry you had a crappy experience . . . Please, keep building memories . . . we all need them!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OT...Rideshare set-up at new Braves stadium is horrid...

Apr 15, 2019, 10:55 AM

You should share this with the PR people at the stadium. They may not even be aware of it and they are not, you can bet they will address it. The fans are their livelihood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic