Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OSU's letter to football season tix holders... interesting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

OSU's letter to football season tix holders... interesting

May 28, 2020, 6:56 PM

this is a summary of info Ohio St sent their season tix holders. perhaps the most interesting thing is IF you get in, you probably won't have your regular seat. even though OSU's re-seat was previously scheduled, will other schools, including clemson, see something like this as an opportunity to e-seat their stadiums?

Seats selected will only be for one year.
Seating for the 2020 season will be based on models that account for appropriate physical distancing within Ohio Stadium
The timeline for seat selection will be adjusted to allow time for conference, state, and local officials to clarify physical distancing guidelines to provide the safest environment for fans while also maximizing allowable attendance.
Seat selection windows will be communicated via email at least five business days prior to the first selection window opening at which time fans will have the opportunity to preview available seats.
The planning reseating of Ohio Stadium under the 2020 Seat Selection Process will now occur prior to the 2021 season for all eligible accounts.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read.......high dollar donors get priority***

May 28, 2020, 8:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OSU's letter to football season tix holders... interesting

May 28, 2020, 9:29 PM

I crunched a few numbers. It appears that OSU is anticipating 19% - 48% depending on virus distancing requirements. Using the number of 81,500 for DV, we can expect 15,485 - 39,120 available seats. Players families and pep band need to be in the stadium. Season ticket holders like Joe21 need to also be given special consideration. Box owners should be considered a group and not impacted. I am torn about the students and what percentage of the tickets they should be given. Definitely not all of the remaining ones. The rest of us will be playing Hunger Games for a seat. I expect to be offered a seat to at least one game. IPTAY members should be allowed to tailgate. We can get our parking lot groups six feet apart. We can make some noise from the parking lots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2020, 10:27 PM

20% Death Valley Seating based on 35 seats to the row.

3?8?13?18?23?28-33
 5?10?15?20?25?30
4?9?14?19?24?29--34
   6?11?16?21?26?31

61000 season Tickets 12200 per game plus students etc 81000 equals 16200 per game

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about families or friends sitting together?***

May 29, 2020, 1:12 AM

Playing the friend card isn't really social distancing.***

May 29, 2020, 2:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

what if they are friends and don't practice social distancing?***

May 29, 2020, 9:39 AM

Re: what if they are friends and don't practice social distancing?***

May 29, 2020, 12:20 PM

So are you suggesting that you and your buddies be allowed to sit next to each other, but the rest of us have to social distance?...unless we all play the "family/friend/tailgate together/came together/have sat next to each other for years" card, which means zero social distancing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, if me and my buddies normally socialize then

May 29, 2020, 1:50 PM

why shouldn't we socialize at the game? If we are comfortable enough to socialize on any other day and situation, then why not at a football game on a Saturday? I don't understand your concern? Please explain.

Re: what if they are friends and don't practice social distancing?***

May 29, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to what if they are friends and don't practice social distancing?*** ]

I see that you have a low Tiger pulse rating. Now I understand why.

I know precisely why I have the pulse that I do.

May 29, 2020, 2:09 PM

It's one person with two handles and another guy who downvotes nearly everything I type, who I will leave unnamed for now.

So what is it you "understand" about me based on a pulse? Sounds awfully shallow to me. I believe you said you went to school in the 80's, so obviously you're a grown man who shouldn't be so attached to a juvenile pulse system, which allows anonymous people to downvote you for no reason.

And why are you getting upset anyway? Why start that silly pulse angle? Because I don't see things the way you're seeing them?

I'll ask again, if a group of family or friends normally socialize, then why should they be blocked from socializing at a football game? Not only for seats in an open air stadium, but what about tailgating? Do you suggest enforcing a strict social distancing at tailgates? Do you see that as feasible?

Again, if I nornally hang out with Bill and Nancy, Tom and Denise, and Mike and Katherine and we are comfortable enough not social distance when we hang out, then why wouldn't I be allowed to hang with them at the football game? And if we don't hang out without social distancing, then why would we want to skirt our practices for the games?

I'm honestly just not sure what advantage you think people would be after? I can't see any group of people sitting together who wouldn't normally sit together at any other type of social environment.

If you and your friends don't normally socially distance and

May 29, 2020, 3:02 PM

...wear masks, then why would the rest of us in the stadium trust you to socially distance and wear a mask in the stadium? Also, the very fact that you don't socially distance and wear masks outside of the stadium means that you and your friends have a higher chance of having coronavirus or being carriers. Finally, it should be VERY apparent that honoring exceptions WILL spin out of control, or do you think that just you and your friends will ask for exception?

I never said whether or not we wear masks, and if we sit in a

May 29, 2020, 7:05 PM

tight family/friend group with masks, then what danger are we to you? I'm sorry sir, but I'm not going to "social distance" with my family at the game if we don't "social distance" anywhere else. You wear your mask and I'll wear mine. I am no threat to you. I am no more a danger to be a carrier then you are.

Honestly, I would put the students in at full demand level

May 28, 2020, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU's letter to football season tix holders... interesting ]

after the specials and private box areas before assigning elsewhere. If there were ever an upcoming season to fully engage the student body in the experience, this is it. Tailgate and cheer the students into the stadium on our behalf. The team belongs to them more than anyone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a student at Clemson 1982-1984.

May 29, 2020, 12:28 AM

I remember sitting in the crappy seats but understood that I would just have to be patient and that my day would come. Now, my day has come, and I'm not very keen on getting screwed on both sides of the equation. I remember as a student thinking that the students should get better seating, but, do I want to get screwed on both sides of the equation now? Also, if you want to see IPTAY donations go down, swap IPTAY seats and student seats or, even worse, completely bump a big majority of IPTAY donors with students. I'm truly glad that my IPTAY donations are funding student athletes even though I am donating a far higher amount than my seats require, however; there is a return on investment limit which would lead to me reconsidering my IPTAY donation.

Eh, it’s just one season

May 29, 2020, 9:36 AM

And it’s not CU’s fault.

Tough it out like everyone is during this weird time and in the next few years you’ll be glad you did.

I didn't say it was Clemson's fault.

May 29, 2020, 12:51 PM

I just want the pain to be equitably shared. Also, for someone like me who is a hardcore alumni/fan, it is more than "just one season." I drive 9 hours one way just to attend a game.

Re: I was a student at Clemson 1982-1984.

May 29, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I was a student at Clemson 1982-1984. ]

“I’m glad to donate as long as I get what I want”. How generous of you.

...says the person who doesn't even donate to TigerNet. :-)***

May 29, 2020, 12:46 PM

ok boomer***

May 29, 2020, 11:27 PM [ in reply to I was a student at Clemson 1982-1984. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

What an inciteful and informative post. :-)***

May 30, 2020, 10:36 PM

Re: Honestly, I would put the students in at full demand level

May 29, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Honestly, I would put the students in at full demand level ]

Agreed. If it came down to students not getting to attend vs season ticket holders not getting to attend, I would let the students have the tickets. I say this as a donor of over 20 years and alumnus.

This is an unprecedented time and regulations will be forced on us for the foreseeable future. I would rather get the shaft myself than take away the student football experience from the kids. I treasure my memories from my time as a student and would not want to deprive any of the current students of the same memories.

When things get back to “normal” then our entertainment options can return to normal.

I prefer an equitable sharing of pain model...

May 29, 2020, 1:08 PM

...but if you want to call the IPTAY office and give up you seats for the students for as long as social distancing is required, then that is certainly your choice.

1,000,000% agree***

May 29, 2020, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Honestly, I would put the students in at full demand level ]

May 28, 2020, 11:22 PM

But if you let people who came to the game together sit next to each other you should only have to distance groups instead of individuals.

May 29, 2020, 12:20 AM

A "group" should be defined as family units who share the same residence. If not, then whole sections will declare themselves as "groups" simply to insure seating.

how would a whole section get together to call themselves

May 29, 2020, 1:15 AM

a group? Would people who don't even know each other want to do that?

How would Clemson know who came together?

May 29, 2020, 1:50 AM

Even if someone had 8 tickets together, if the 8 people don't live together, then that defeats the purpose of social distancing. It would just be 8 buddies that simply want to sit next to each other.

if the 8 people know each other and normally socialize together

May 29, 2020, 9:37 AM

then how is socializing together at the game different?

If they know each other but choose to not socialize, then why would they be comfortable socializing at a game?

If they don't know each other, how would they organize sitting together when they don't even know who the other person is, and what's the advantage for sitting together?

Re: if the 8 people know each other and normally socialize together

May 29, 2020, 12:15 PM

You and your buddies would need to coordinate with IPTAY that you want to sit near each other, but still adhere to 6' social distance rules. Also, IPTAY priority points would still come into play whether your seats were purchased individually, pairs, all 8 together, etc.

May 29, 2020, 12:36 AM

I prefer that the standard rack and stack be done to give opportunity for seating/parking improvements. Then, if an emergency/temporary plan is required, do it after the standard rack and stack. The seat equity on my seats on row 18 in the upper deck is $300 per seat. I am paying an equivalent seat equity of $1750 per seat. Moving up a row or two or three every year is important to me.

The people most negatively affected at Clemson with OSU plan

May 29, 2020, 12:47 AM

...would be those people in the lower bowl who are paying close to minimum seat equity and wouldn't be able to simply keep their seats from year to year. I have mixed feelings about that. It would simply turn into bidding wars for seats with no loyalty consideration at all.

Masked Tiger. I gave you a thumbs up for the info.

May 29, 2020, 12:59 AM

I don't like the information, but I'm not a shoot the messenger kind of guy. :)

This is gonna' get UGLY and making exceptions will be UGLIER

May 29, 2020, 2:11 AM

Do "family groups" have to prove unbroken co-residency? What the heck does "people who come to the game together" mean? Just because a person my have purchased, say, 8 tickets together, doesn't mean that those 8 sitting side-by-side to each other is really social distancing. Making exceptions will spin out of control.

To me, the only fair way to do it in social distance mode...

May 29, 2020, 2:35 AM

is to first select an optimum stadium seating configuration that is truly social distancing with no exceptions. If we start making exceptions, we will all suddenly be "family groups", "friend groups", "tailgate groups", etc. I can already see the jockeying. Then, divide in major groups (who still must social distance)...students, player/coach families, visiting fans, band, IPTAY, etc. Then, decide how many of each major group. For IPTAY/band/students, perhaps some rotation of games with game selection being done based on priority points for IPTAY. Even though I am an IPTAY member, I only have about 100 priority points, so I ain't in that great of shape...I would be going to one (or more?) of the lower rated games. :) All that being said, I still want to see a "normal mode" standard IPTAY rack and stack to be done each year until we return to "normal mode." If a social distance mode needs to circumvent the normal mode rack and stack, then so be it.

Re: To me, the only fair way to do it in social distance mode...

May 29, 2020, 7:36 AM

If you scared of the virus stay home. If not, stand in front of your Seat. Done deal

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To me, the only fair way to do it in social distance mode...

May 29, 2020, 12:30 PM

I'm merely saying IF the decision is made to social distance, we truly need to social distance, no exceptions. If the decision is made to not social distance at all, but require appropriate masks, then we ALL do that. Anarchy due to declaring "I'm an AmUrican" is not a good answer. Finally, I didn't realize that "standing in front of my seat" has any bearing on anything other that blocking the view of the person behind me.

Some things to think about....

May 29, 2020, 9:19 AM

- We are still 3 months away from our first home game (12 September 2020) - this whole virus thing could look a lot different by then. Clemson still has some time before they have to make certain decisions on seating.

- Back in April, IPTAY announced they would defer drafting any further season ticket payments until August which may indicate their deadline for making a decision on the upcoming season seating plan. My guess is that IPTAY will publish a seating plan prior to anymore ticket payments being collected in order to reduce refunds that is sure to accompany a reduced seating plan.

- Every State is going to treat the public gatherings differently based on their particular situation. IPTAY is still sending out away game ticket request emails which is probably for planning purposes only. If stadiums are going to significantly limit seating I just don't see any school giving up seats to visiting teams.

Quite frankly I'm beyond worrying about it anymore. Clemson is going to do what they think is best whether we agree with it or not so it's not worth loosing sleep over the issue. The worst case is that I don't get my season tickets due to the reduced seating. I'll miss being in Death Valley but as long as I get to see the game on TV this year I'll be happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what if everyone can go, but no yelling or touching?

May 29, 2020, 9:30 AM

opening your mouth spreads the virus, and yelling is even worse, so if everybody would just sit quietly and give virtual high fives........maybe a golf clap would be OK.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a full season of silent out!***

May 29, 2020, 10:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

if everyone is required to wear a mask

May 29, 2020, 12:01 PM

then social distancing is not required, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: if everyone is required to wear a mask

May 29, 2020, 12:38 PM

I haven't heard any of the "experts" say that social distancing is not required if you wear an (approved) mask? Whatever the powers to be decide, I just want everybody to adhere to it without a bunch of exceptions. I wouldn't want the person next to me to not wear their masked because they defiantly declare that they are an AmUrican. :)

Re: if everyone is required to wear a mask

May 29, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to if everyone is required to wear a mask ]

it depends. When our Overlords spin the wheel of Random Ineffective Covid Theater, it could say you. need both. Rules is rules. If you don't follow them, Karen will be unhappy and report you to the authorities. They are just following orders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of all of the bazillion remedies that I have heard from...

May 29, 2020, 12:59 PM

"experts," social distancing and wearing masks makes the most common sense to me, and is something that I can do and still carry on a somewhat normal life. Perhaps all of this is a giant conspiracy, but I am not ready for anarchy and civil disobedience just yet. :)

Just let the people who want to tailgate/attend the game

May 29, 2020, 8:32 PM

tailgate/attend the game. No restrictions. Clemson makes a statement they won't be responsible people get sick. Is that too easy?

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic