Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK, I'm confused again, which carolina is accused paying
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

OK, I'm confused again, which carolina is accused paying

Mar 11, 2013, 9:02 PM

football players???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Mar 11, 2013, 9:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: OK, I'm confused again, which carolina is accused paying

Mar 12, 2013, 12:25 AM

SCU had four ineligible football players active in 2009-2010, but did not forfeit any games. Georgia Tech had basically the same deal at the same time and ended up forfeiting a bunch of games. What was the difference?

conference affiliation !

Mar 12, 2013, 1:54 AM

that one is easy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S-E-C!***

Mar 12, 2013, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, I'm confused again, which carolina is accused paying ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2013, 2:05 AM

If i recall correctly, GTech intentionally misled the NCAA, while the NCAA said we did an awesome job with the investigation(See below). Obviously someone in compliance made some mistakes regarding the Whitney. We never played anyone until the NCAA cleared the individual players.

Here's the quote from the NCAA regarding the investigation.

The Committee agreed the penalties self-imposed by the University in its response to the Notice of Allegations were appropriate. The Committee's decision states:
"The committee decided not to impose more stringent sanctions in this case, including a postseason ban because: i) the cooperation exhibited by the institution went beyond its obligations under [NCAA Bylaws]; ii) the violations were limited in scope; iii) the institution self-imposed significant penalties and; iv) there was no unethical conduct in this case."

Georgia Tech
The Institute was cited for a lack of cooperation during the investigation, a failure to meet the conditions and obligations of membership and preferential treatment violations. There were additional violations in the men’s basketball program related to rules stemming from a nonscholastic basketball tournament conducted on the Institute’s campus, which the public report further details.
TIFWIW

yep, all schools should put their best players up in 5-star

Mar 12, 2013, 2:10 AM

hotels. nothing wrong with that. limo service and laundry/housekeeping included,of course.

slap on your own wrist hardly equates to sanctions..pathetic

Mar 12, 2013, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, I'm confused again, which carolina is accused paying ]

spurrier had ppl in places protecting him not SCar

blah, blah, blah***

Mar 12, 2013, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, I'm confused again, which carolina is accused paying ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Mar 12, 2013, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: OK, I'm confused again, which carolina is accused paying ]

Just a minor correction to your post:

South Carolina played ineligible player during the 2009 season:

"South Carolina also said it would pay a fine of $18,500 for four football players who played while ineligible in 2009 due to these violations and reduce its number of official visits for its football and track and field teams."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7353605/south-carolina-gamecocks-not-disputing-rules-violations-cut-scholarships

Playing ineligible players means they should have forfeited some games. It's odd why that didn't happen, regardless of their cooperation after being caught.

Both on NCAA Probation***

Mar 12, 2013, 5:50 AM

So the moral is play along when you get caught***

Mar 12, 2013, 6:17 AM

Risk vs Reward***

Mar 12, 2013, 6:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.***

Mar 12, 2013, 7:51 AM [ in reply to So the moral is play along when you get caught*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Historically when we see Carolina along with

Mar 12, 2013, 6:39 AM

arrest, violation and/or cheating we assume it is usuc, but no more...

Re: Historically when we see Carolina along with

Mar 12, 2013, 8:38 AM

Nah, now it means both are guilty!

Re: Historically when we see Carolina along with

Mar 21, 2013, 1:58 PM

Have no love for usc but they are rookies compared to unc..UNC with over 500 fake classes going back to 1997 in order to keep players eligible and brag about APR..

UNC lured a usc player to Marvin's party...cheater's retreat event.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next