Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Number 1 overall pick?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,739

Number 1 overall pick?

Jul 19, 2018, 9:11 PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2786588-college-football-players-with-potential-to-be-a-no-1-overall-pick#slide2

"Draft-eligible year: 2019

On a loaded Clemson defensive line, Clelin Ferrell stands slightly above the rest.

Dexter Lawrence is a gap-plugging nightmare but lacks the playmaking skills of a No. 1 overall choice. Christian Wilkins is a solid first-rounder yet not quite a top-tier talent. Austin Bryant—though a potential Day 1 pick—is the fourth-best of the quartet, as of now.

Ferrell has game-breaking skill off the edge. Elite explosiveness at the snap helps him live in the backfield, where he's racked up 30.5 tackles for loss and 15.5 sacks over the last two seasons.

Yes, the surrounding talent provides a boost for Ferrell. But he'd be a standalone superstar on any defense."

IMO Dex definitely has the potential to be #1. #1's are often very unique specimens and the NFL loves those XXXL guys and Dex meets that need.

It's possible for them all to be top 15 IMO. Only a DL heavy draft will make that tough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ed Oliver could easily go #1. He's ridiculously good

Jul 19, 2018, 9:18 PM

I've also seen Nick Bosa projected #1 but IMO that seems a bit too high for him. I think big Dex will be in the mix too... he's just such a rare physically specimen.

Bosa... Really?***

Jul 19, 2018, 10:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bosa is #1 or #2 in almost all mock drafts right now

Jul 20, 2018, 7:32 AM

It's kind of weird. I think it's mostly because Joey has 23 sacks in 2 seasons with the chargers and people think Nick is a Joey clone. Maybe they are right.

If Dex is healthy this year though he's going to turn heads.. and then he's going to crush the combine.

I love big Dex's skills. his quickness and functional

Jul 19, 2018, 10:11 PM

Strength should make for a long and successful NFL career.

I can't wait to watch him dominate the A gap vs paul jonsons chumps this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,739
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic