Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now they're saying Auburn & Louievile wins aren't worth much since they lost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Now they're saying Auburn & Louievile wins aren't worth much since they lost

Sep 20, 2017, 5:59 PM

But the facts are they both were ranked in Top 15 or better...

And we beat the crapo out of them!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't listen to whoever "Now" is.***

Sep 20, 2017, 6:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't listen to whoever "Now" is.***

Sep 20, 2017, 6:06 PM

"HOLY COW"(to paraphrase Batman), NOW that's a load of $#!+

well that's some circular logic isn't it?

Sep 20, 2017, 6:05 PM

I have two friends that said this to me after the first drive. One a Utah fan. Man Louisville is outclassed this game is over. The other an Arkansas fan said he could tell after the first two drives that we were in a different league. I'm not sure if I cared too much. I was a touch scared when they came back and scored. But I think they were commenting on our slime and the main reason Louisville scored was penalties. We truly dominated that game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dline***

Sep 20, 2017, 6:11 PM

Re: Now they're saying Auburn & Louievile wins aren't worth much since they lost

Sep 20, 2017, 6:23 PM

Louisville i think goes either 8-4 or 9-3. I am not sure about the Kentucky game. Auburn if they find an offense goes about the same. The bottom line is they were ranked when we played them and that is what should matter. Bama does not play that tough of schedule. I feel like the only chance they have of getting beat is @ Msu, @ Auburn and that is only because they are on the road for those two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all we can do is keep kicking butt***

Sep 20, 2017, 6:25 PM

Re: Now they're saying Auburn & Louievile wins aren't worth much since they lost

Sep 20, 2017, 6:38 PM

Just like David Pollack and Tod Mcshay was laughing at Maria Taylor because she said Bryant out performed Lamar and should be in early Heisman discussion.......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2017, 6:53 PM

Let them say what they want but if you take away their loss to us they would be a better team. That's just the way it is. My honest opinion. Louisville is an 8-9 win team just like they have been. Auburn is a very talented team and I mean elite talent. The thing is I believe that we may have broken them mentally and they will lose some games, maybe a lot of games, because of what we have done to demoralize them and ruin their expectations. I've seen a lot of talented teams over the years not be able to overcome their first big letdown. Pat Dye said this was the most talented team he has ever seen at Auburn. Gus said Auburn fans would finally see what they had been waiting to see this year. These guys have coached for years. They know a great looking team when they see it. The problem is we may have spoiled their chance to be a great team because they may be broken mentally. It's a long season and I would like to say that they will bounce back but those guys don't seem to respond to Gus very well. All that to say that their final record may not show it but that was a very good Auburn team that walked into Death Valley. After they left? We will see.

Sep 21, 2017, 9:16 AM

Beside us beating Auburn, the most excited I get about beating Auburn, is when I'm thinking about some of that very talented talent that Auburn have recruited right out from under us that was excited about Clemson until Auburn coaches filled them full of BS about Dabo and where our "ACC program" was headed. Bet your britches that coming from them, it wasn't up. I would bet my life that those recruits were told that our success was short lived, and bc we were ACC, we would fall back in to where we were pre Dabo!!! It really excites me that all those recruits that flipped from Clemson being in their top group through the last 5 years that believed what the Aubarn coaches were telling them, they have to live with making the bad decision they made, but, not just with Auburn, with any recruit who flipped on us because of believing the coaches lies told about Clemson and Dabo's ability. I hope that they think everyday, I could have went their and would have been through two NCGs winning one and most likely heading to another, and they gave that up to another player who is loving life with Clemson's FB program and Dabo!!! Gooo Tigers, Clemson Tigersss!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah - well - we gonna make a lot of teams look like chit...***

Sep 20, 2017, 6:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talking heads, like Paul FineBum, are completely full of it

Sep 20, 2017, 7:33 PM

The actual quality of those two wins may not be fully know until the end of the season but I can tell you one thing, Clemson won both in dominant fashion and that sure beats the he!! out of losing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Talking heads, like Paul FineBum, are completely full of it

Sep 20, 2017, 7:37 PM

We are either the strongest team Clemson ever fielded or we are soon to get a very unpleasant reality check. Assuming the offense continues to improve, I'm thinking we are the former.

Re: Talking heads, like Paul FineBum, are completely full of it

Sep 21, 2017, 9:32 AM

Don't doubt this team, it's real. DW4 hasn't said all that he has said just to lie or hear himself talking out of his A$S. He believes we're going to be just fine KB leading his team. It is his team, he handed it over to KB. I say this bc he could have still been this teams leader!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Bill.

Sep 20, 2017, 7:49 PM

Neither AU nor UL belonged in the top 15. I think UL is probably a top 25 team but honestly, their defense is pathetic and their O-line sucks. They have three more games to lose this season.

All that being said, it has nothing to do with how good Clemson is now. You can expect KB to gain confidence with every play and expect him to be as good as any QB in the nation come playoff time. I can't wait to see what his ceiling is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Bill.

Sep 20, 2017, 9:13 PM

I absolutely hate seeing this season going by so fast, then it will be over and the long waiting through the worst part of the winter and the entire summer again. College FB is just to short!!! I would be the first to check the yes vote of having 14 regular season games, with two playoff games, then the NCG equaling 17 weeks total. Or have, two 7 week seasons, with a month break after the first 7 weeks,and no coaching contact with players during the month break. then start the next 7 week season. 1 week after the second 7 week seasons has been played, take 1 week off and start a two game playoff, then go right into the NCG with no time off after the two playoff games. IMO, that would be great for college FB fans!!!

Sep 20, 2017, 7:55 PM

I think Louisville for sure, and probably Auburn also, had our game etched in their mind to win this year regardless, and they over hyped themselves. When we took our first turn on offense at Louville and scored they went berserk.

Nah...

Sep 20, 2017, 9:15 PM

Kicking the FG just before the half, which gave Clemson a 19-7 lead, you could sense they knew what was coming; particularly since Clemson would get the ball to start the second half.

When Clemson went-up 26 - 7 with about 8:00 to go in the third quarter, that's when they really went berserk and started running for the exits like rats on a sinking ship. With all of those black shirts, it looked like a mudslide pouring down the stands.

That is the first time I can remember a visiting team singing the "na, na, na, na, hey, hey, hey good bye" song to a home team with so much time left in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 21, 2017, 9:28 AM

Well to be honest they're saying we are at least the second best team in the nation.
Some are saying we are the best.
Before the season we were not considered a playoff type team.
So I would say those 2 wins have changed a lot of people's minds.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic