Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Noticed cOOTs recruiting catching uP with ours & rated 4-9
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Noticed cOOTs recruiting catching uP with ours & rated 4-9

Jul 5, 2014, 11:31 AM

in various scout estimates (Clemson still rated at 2 & 3 overall). They brought in a handful of 4* linemen I read as well as some 3* too. What say you?!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noticed cOOTs recruiting catching uP with ours & rated 4-9

Jul 5, 2014, 11:34 AM

I say we beat the feathers off of them in Death Valley in November. Until then , we just beat them in recruiting analysts minds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 5, 2014, 12:21 PM

Recruiting rankings are a loose estimate at best. I, myself, am quite satisfied with Clemson's class regardless of where either school finishes. It does surprise me that so many of these kids actually think that Spurrier will still be the head coach in four years. I doubt it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spur is 68 I believe..& will leave by 70 for sure. Trust me!

Jul 5, 2014, 12:23 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spur is 68 I believe..& will leave by 70 for sure. Trust me!

Jul 5, 2014, 1:17 PM

Trust YOU? Surely you jest. You have no insight into Spurier's plans or timetable. Maybe it is 70, maybe 72, who knows. Surely not you. Trust you, really?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier will be 70 in less than 10 months. He admitted he

Jul 5, 2014, 1:46 PM

almost quit at the end of the 08 season after losing the last two games to Clemson and Iowa.

I have always said that he would never stay at SCAR as long as UF (12 years). This will be his 10th at SCAR. My guess is this year and next would be the absolute most remaining at SCAR.

IMO, if SCAR loses more than four games this season, which is very likely, then he is gone this season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier will be 70 in less than 10 months. He admitted he

Jul 5, 2014, 1:55 PM

Agree on Spurtis leaving sooner rather than later. He has put in the work and gotten SCar as far as they are capable of getting . He has beaten Clemson and that he can retire on alone. He turns 70 this year , and we all know that his golf game isn't getting any better ...but then again neither is his football team. They will lose at least 4 and maybe 5 this fall ...he probably slithers out after the Clemson loss in November leaving that overrated defensive coordinator to lose in the In-depends bowl against Memphis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Spurrier will be 70 in less than 10 months. He admitted he

Jul 5, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Spurrier will be 70 in less than 10 months. He admitted he ]

I think you are correct in his decision will be based on what happens on the field. More likely that he will leave "early" if he has an extraordinary year. We win the SEC and I think he stays for 1 year after that, but I do think ultimately he stays longer than he did at Florida,

He will stay as long as he beats Clemson. He couldn't

Jul 5, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Spurrier will be 70 in less than 10 months. He admitted he ]

Handle losing 2or 3 in a row to Clemson at his current age. However, if we can't beat him, he will stick around as he loves the attention

Re: He will stay as long as he beats Clemson. He couldn't

Jul 5, 2014, 10:16 PM

very well said... sure agree... BUT, I just do not believe that Clemson will go so low (like the dirty c$$ts) to fight on their level.. the gutless NCAA MUST get the SEc to follow the proper rules...we simply will not cheat like the c$$ts

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Spur is 68 I believe..& will leave by 70 for sure. Trust me! ]

I detect a distinct fowl odor of chickensh1t....fly away COOT!!!

Jul 5, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Spur is 68 I believe..& will leave by 70 for sure. Trust me! ]

He was 69 on April 20. He's a 4-20 guy.

Recruits need to start factoring in his age, if they want him to be their coach their full time at usc.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 5, 2014, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Spur is 68 I believe..& will leave by 70 for sure. Trust me! ]

Trust the lightbulb? Yes, trust him. It is the bottom line because LBbill said so. I agree. I don't see Spurrier hanging around that much longer and it has nothing to do with his recent dominance over Clemson or the fact that it has gotten in the players heads.

Trust me! Without 6 turnovers last year Clemson wins by 21 at the minimum. Is it an excuse.? No. It is a reason that lead to #5 in a row.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2014, 2:43 PM

Sorry, no trust for the lightbulb, he just makes stuff up. You on the other hand had some credibility until the "Clemson wins by 21" comment. No question the turnovers were a factor, they are in every game. But beat us by 21, no.

Spurrier will stay until he wins the SEC or determines he can't. I think he is good for 3, maybe 4 years. But I'd be surprised if he stays past that. I think recruits are buying into the system and the assistant coaches a lot more than you think. You have to remember these kids see what has happened the last 3 to 4 years, not back in the 1990's.

Just my opinion

Jul 5, 2014, 3:00 PM

Spurrier will be 70 when this next class starts their eligibility.

I would think other schools will start using his age against him shortly - if they already haven't. Bobby Bowden and Joe Pa had systems too. They had won National Championships at those schools.

They stayed too long.

I actually think Spurrier is smart enough to leave before he starts a major decline.

null

Jul 5, 2014, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Spur is 68 I believe..& will leave by 70 for sure. Trust me! ]

When Spurrts got his visor rectally inserted by Scam Newton in 2010 he should've known then that he wouldn't and Sackerlina just couldn't ever truly compete to win the SEC Championship. Its like Yale ever winning another National Championship.
Spurrier is old and he is tired. The imminent demise of his coaching career started with that televised crash and burn and the rest is just his ego trying to pad the stats.
Give it up already old man , nobody wants to see you become a Lou Holzth and look like a confused hobo blabbering about the past.

DB23

Re: "Spurrier will stay until ... "

Jul 5, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Spur is 68 I believe..& will leave by 70 for sure. Trust me! ]

"Spurrier will stay until he wins the SEC or determines he can't."

He cannot win the SEC ... no way ever. He may slip up and win the SEC East on occasion, but his best chances to win the SEC title have already eluded him.

IMHO, he stays as long as he can beat Clemson which is basically his biggest accomplishment so far unless you count losing the SEC Title Game by an historic margin as a bigger deal.

Jul 5, 2014, 8:57 PM

Actually this may be his best chance to win the SEC. Outstanding and deep offensive line, 2 and maybe 3 SEC quality backs, deep and talented receivers, good QB. No question the defense will be tested at the corners but anyone who does not think our D-line including ends will be terrific is mistaken. Big issue will be to keep the QB healthy. Auburn and Florida are the two roadblocks and both are on the road.

Probably not smart for you to bring up historical losing margins, oops, WVA just scored again. Sorry, could not help myself.

Jul 5, 2014, 9:02 PM

usc lost to Auburn by a wider margin that year.

null

This fact keeps getting overlooked by Spurrier Worshipers.

Jul 6, 2014, 12:58 PM

56-17! A 39-point loss in his only SCAR appearance in the SEC Title game. Oops! I guess it could have been 63-17 :)

But, also not often discussed is the 62-24 drubbing Spurrier took against Nebraska in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl with the national title on the line.

THAT loss was every bit as embarrassing as ANY big game loss in the history of college football, but it's hardly ever talked about.

"SEC quality"

Jul 5, 2014, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: "Spurrier will stay until ... " ]

Lol.

Re: "SEC quality"

Jul 5, 2014, 9:37 PM

Skeete my man, don't make yourself look foolish. Davis is preseason 2nd team all SEC and Wilds isn't far behind. See you in a November and you can apologize.

63-17***

Jul 6, 2014, 7:36 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: 63-17***

Jul 6, 2014, 8:31 PM

I thought you were not coming back to tnet? what's the deal?

I believe this post was before his thread...though his

Jul 6, 2014, 9:37 PM

thread appears to be removed now...

Crump don't play...

Auburn scored again.***

Jul 6, 2014, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: "Spurrier will stay until ... " ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

whatthehell is a "SEC quality back" anyway??? you joke!

Jul 7, 2014, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Re: "Spurrier will stay until ... " ]

hmmm...1 that steals, robs, commits stipend check fraud, or has only 3 sacks in his most anticipated season before he decides himself he's injured & benches himself...? Better yet, 1 that lays down & fakes injuries to slow down a dominant & over-fast paced Clemson offense because they're too fat & sorry to keep the pace with the more athletic players...? Poosies!!!!
Lol...you actually could work for the media talking heads & E$ecPN at this rate, if you believe that garbage that the 3 letters of that conference makes any player better than any other just because...
I'd be willing to bet you think our current government administration is telling us the truth & doing an excellent job for the people too, smh

spurrier has already admitted he can't win the SEC

Jul 6, 2014, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Spur is 68 I believe..& will leave by 70 for sure. Trust me! ]

http://www.tigernet.com/update/Spurrier-responds-Dabos-Orange-Bowl-comments-14430

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 6, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Spur is 68 I believe..& will leave by 70 for sure. Trust me! ]

I believe Dabo will be fired before Spurrier retires. Trust me.

I say their $EC affiliation is getting them an overranking..

Jul 5, 2014, 1:31 PM

look at the ESPN 300 and see where their players rank on there. They got a big boost in their ranking from a DE recruit that only weighs 210 pounds. Being that small means he won't be seeing action until year 2 or 3, unless he switches to LB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I say their $EC affiliation is getting them an overranking..

Jul 6, 2014, 12:27 AM

Just curious how much should a DE weigh in your book. Arden Key is 210 Vs Vic Beasley is 225. Arden Key is a upcoming senior in HS and Vic Beasley is Jr(sr) in college not sure. Some how Im not so sure his size in high school is a good measure at the moment. At least wait for him to enroll and all of that before you start bagging on him for being a small underweight DE.

Beasley weighs more than 225. The spring weigh in said

Jul 6, 2014, 1:07 PM

242 or something to that effect (if you listen to the audio)... The weights on t-net are not updated...

Jul 5, 2014, 2:28 PM

tell em coot. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2014, 6:18 PM

never seen a bunch so giddy over a recruiting class that is 90% complete seven months from signing day. Cu's class finishes around 10-15.

Sorry but you're wrong. They may fall a little bit, but our

Jul 5, 2014, 6:31 PM

class will be top 5-7 at the end.

The only thing less important than recruiting

Jul 5, 2014, 11:32 PM

rankings in July..... The score of any game. At HALFTIME. Who cares? 2,3,5,9. What really matters is what happens AFTER players get on campus.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic