»
Topic: Not questioning coaching here, just a thought-
Replies: 8   Last Post: Sep 26, 2017 4:50 PM by: jscott224
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8   Pages: 1  

Not questioning coaching here, just a thought-

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 3:56 PM

With four really good RBs and Bryant's feet, I think it'd be fun to see some 2-back shotgun sets where we run some option.

We're running great, so I'm not saying we change anything. But I do think it'd be fun to watch.

"We are in this to win games, not entertain Clemsontiger12"

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 3:59 PM

Signed,

The coaches

It sounds like you are questioning the coaches.

Not at all.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 4:00 PM

If we put in an extra RB, we take a good WR off the field so I'm not advocating either way. We're running good, so why change it. I just like that style of play and think it'd be fun to watch is all I'm saying.

Lets put KB under center and go wishbone.

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 4:11 PM

Hokies will not be expecting it.

I've got something even more unexpected!!!...

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 4:13 PM

Let's bring Will Proctor in for a play and let him throw deep.

We run mostly 3 WR sets anyways

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 4:28 PM

Go 3 WR, 2 RB... TE has been struggling so this isn't a bad idea at all

Dabo said, what? Im sorry the national championship trophy

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 4:08 PM

Is so loud he can't hear you". But seriously i would like to see Etienne on a sweep.
GO TIGER'S!!!!!

Re: Dabo said, what? Im sorry the national championship trophy

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 4:26 PM

Many of our running plays are sweeps - just not Green Bay sweeps. The Clemson piwer buck sweep is a staple of our offense - watch for the backside guard to pull, then the RB hits off-tackle - voila...... power buck sweep. We also run QB power buck sweep and can even run TE/HB//3B power buck sweep and if we wanted to, could run the slot reveiver power buck sweep - not too different from a jet sweep:

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/6/22/2218795/inside-the-clemson-offense-the-buck-sweep

Re: Not questioning coaching here, just a thought-

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 4:50 PM

I'm with you on this one. And its fun to speculate. And who knows - they may even practice it some. They're called "wrinkles" - offensive coaches do them all the time. Example - Run triple option wing-T backfields when they never have before. Just trying to catch a defense off guard. In fact I said the same thing you're saying while at the BC game. I told my wife, if we HAVE to run the ball, then put Choice in to block for Feaster or ETN. Oh, and another fun one - I'm betting they put in some Double Pass plays to utilize former QB-now-WRs on our team too. Coaches are too smart not too. No need to burn those until later in the season though.

Replies: 8   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Florida State
FOR SALE: Florida State tickets: (2) Sect UE-$400 each / (4) Sect O-$400 each / (2) Sect H-$350 each / (2) Sec...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
852 people have read this post