Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nostalgic Emotions Sometimes Hit Hard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 911

Nostalgic Emotions Sometimes Hit Hard

Aug 24, 2019, 6:26 PM

As I was reflecting on Clemson Football and the eras that have come and gone since my 36 years of life, I began listening to music from my high school days and early years in the Marine Corps. After all, nothing beats personal reflection like listening to Top 40 Hits from your time as a youthful man.

Then out of nowhere it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had a realization that the Freshmen entering this season were not even alive yet during September 11th, 2001. I then realized just how quickly time flashes by and how old I've become. To think, I was their age exactly when it happened and remember where I was when it took place.

When it happened, I knew exactly what it would mean for me in my Marine Corps career. What I did not realize is how long we would be involved in a war that is currently still ongoing to a small degree. To imagine that the men on our football team are now at an eligible age to serve in combat, and I pray that they never have to experience it even for 10 minutes let alone nearly two decades. Such is life though I suppose.

Then I beckoned myself to ask the question that nobody from my generation is asking. "Have we created a better opportunity for these young women and men in their generation up and coming?" I cannot say with certainty even though the story hasn't totally played out yet. However, through this generation we see the character of America and it's true strength. Though we've been fighting overseas for a continuous 18 years, they are able to carry on as if life has no worries of any real danger. So, in a sense that makes me proud to be American, but we cannot take credit for that in my generation. No, the leaders we've had in the past and the sacrifices that were made well before my birth would be the true solidifying reasons why we are able to enjoy life at our own choosing.

This very fact also exposes our entitlement issues and our lack of happiness due to being spoiled. I'm convinced 100% that if someone is unhappy in America then it is 100% their own attitude that creates it. I mean, we have so much to be thankful for. There's not a care in the world for our future generations that would merit a concern to the degree of life or death on a daily basis. We have it made here.

Well, enough about that whole nostalgic moment. Let's watch some football! GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

tl/dr***

Aug 24, 2019, 6:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 911
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic