Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Matter Who Is At Qb.....Oline Still Must Protect Him ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

No Matter Who Is At Qb.....Oline Still Must Protect Him ---

Sep 25, 2018, 12:00 AM

Defenses since Alabama last year...loaded the box and the line of scrimmage to stop K Bryant from running as well as our running backs...though K Bryant did most of the running.

Texas A&M really came after Lawrence and blitzed him viciously. I hope he has gotten better enough and coached up enough not to let those very aggressive blitzes cause T Lawrence to make him look like a true fresh freshman.

However our O-line better get mean and real protective to the max real soon...because Syracuse....NC State....Boston College....Florida St. - when they get sort of focused....Wake Forest.....Chickenlina....and if we see anybody in the playoffs will also.

I'm going tell you now Georgia and Alabama are definitely going to come at T Lawrence very aggressively...because thats the aggressive thuggish style they coached with. We need just as aggressive and protective blocking schemes to combat their attacks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Matter Who Is At Qb.....Oline Still Must Protect Him ---

Sep 25, 2018, 12:02 AM

let em come, I have no doubt ETN is being thoroughly coached on properly executing a screen.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

loaded the box w/o fear of repercussion

Sep 25, 2018, 2:41 AM

-no fear of QB's arm (intermediate & deep throws)
-play calling(run/pas)somewhat predictable as our coaches are well aware of QB's arm limitations(touch & accuracy)lean heavily on the run & screens

Sep 25, 2018, 5:57 AM

Did you notice 2 TD passes @GT were roll outs by TL. This alone takes some pressure off the OL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 7:01 AM

Roll outs that were flawlessly executed , I might add .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 25, 2018, 7:34 AM

The throw to Renfrow while rolling left and throwing right was a thing of beauty. I was slack-jawed watching that. Nobody makes that throw. Most don't even attempt it.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic