Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nick Bosa withdrawing from Ohio State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Nick Bosa withdrawing from Ohio State

Oct 16, 2018, 12:20 PM

to focus on rehabbing for the draft.

LOL, the media will be all over this story so fast they'll forgot Kelly Bryant's last name

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Pawl, Pawl, Pawl......***

Oct 16, 2018, 12:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nick Bosa withdrawing from Ohio State

Oct 16, 2018, 12:29 PM

There's no I in team? Or maybe there is?? I get confused.
Actually I think I shouldn't criticize his decision. He had a "core muscle injury" whatever that is and wasn't expected back till November, earliest. And let's face it, he has millions on the line. Can't really blame him too much with football being business more than sport these days.

Message was edited by: CarolinaKudzu

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But there is an "I" in Nick***

Oct 16, 2018, 2:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2018, 12:30 PM

Wow huge loss for their defense. They haven't looked very good without him

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I can't say I blame him

Oct 16, 2018, 12:30 PM

He was arguably the frontrunner to be taken #1 overall in the draft before he got injured. It seemed pretty unlikely he would play again this year so he might as well just move on and focus on rehab and draft prep. That's more important for his future right now than a few months of college classes. He can always go back and finish his degree after hes made millions in the NFL.

Re: Well I can't say I blame him

Oct 16, 2018, 12:33 PM

I think you will also see a lot more of the better players start skipping the bowl games now, $$$$.

Re: Well I can't say I blame him

Oct 16, 2018, 12:47 PM

Not just a bowl game, probably the Playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the difference in Clemson and Ohio State

Oct 16, 2018, 12:36 PM

Our D-Linemen spurn the NFL to come back and play at Clemson for the Team. Their D-Linemen can't wait to get out of Columbus.

Best Is The Standard

Re: the difference in Clemson and Ohio State- Hey I live

Oct 16, 2018, 12:42 PM

near Columbus (due to family reasons). I can see why they would want to get out. I'd love to be in sc

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

expand that: ALL Ohioans can't wait to get out of that state

Oct 16, 2018, 12:47 PM [ in reply to That's the difference in Clemson and Ohio State ]

and move, mostly to the SC coast.

Not sure why Citadel and Coastal don't recruit the state of Ohio exclusively. Ever offer would be taken.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the difference in Clemson and Ohio State

Oct 16, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to That's the difference in Clemson and Ohio State ]

Our D lineman didn’t have a major injury and it wasn’t week 2 of their season. A little different.
Definitely impressive that Dabo got those guys to stay

Rumor is, that since he was injured, Oscar asked him to

Oct 16, 2018, 12:39 PM

leave, so there'd be more room under the salary cap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for "Oscar"...***

Oct 16, 2018, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think its a bad plan. NFL teams are going to want to

Oct 16, 2018, 1:01 PM

see what he was able to do post injury. If he's healed by November, he could've helped maintain his draft position by playing in a even just 1 game.. like a bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You're talking about a kid with an NFL pedigree

Oct 16, 2018, 2:02 PM

I'm pretty sure his advice is spot on about what NFL teams want

Oct 16, 2018, 2:40 PM

Sadly this is the new norm. He will still be a top draft pick.

Everybody thought the clown would be the first to do this, but it took a while longer.

You will see this from most top prospects on Power 5 teams that are out of the CFP. I'm just surprised he did it with tOSU being in contention for the playoffs.

McCaffrey was the first, I believe, but the trend will only continue. Loyalty is a thing of the past. We have seen it disappear in the corporate world and now it's trickling down to the youth.

There's a pretty significant difference here.

Oct 16, 2018, 2:59 PM

Nick Bosa is injured and coming off surgery, Clowney was just lazy and didn't want to do any work outside of games.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic