Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Next year's Clemson Heisman Hopefuls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Next year's Clemson Heisman Hopefuls

Dec 11, 2017, 11:43 PM

I saw it posted that Kelly Bryant was the #1 Heisman Hopeful in the country next year. I think it was done by SI, but not sure. Kelly is awesome, but do you think he'll have the numbers for that award? To be honest, I think Ray Ray has the best chance from our team. He is a really good receiver who has gotten better and better. He also returns punts, which I know he has a bit of fumblitis. Now, he is seeing the other side of the ball as a DB. If he could break a couple of punts for TDs, have 1000yd receiving and get a couple of INTs, maybe one returned for a TD in a big game, maybe he is our best shot ala Charles Woodson Michigan. Also, ETN is a no brainer as a possible Heisman guy. What do y'all think?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next year's Clemson Heisman Hopefuls

Dec 11, 2017, 11:48 PM

I read this just 30 min ago. While I think KB has been stellar, and will just continue to grow. Something tells me that Etienne could run away with it, literally.

https://www.diehards.com/clemson/analyst-clemson-travis-etienne-early-contenders-2018-heisman

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not if ESPiN won’t hype him.

Dec 11, 2017, 11:50 PM

They’ll have their favorite and that’s it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: not if ESPiN won’t hype him.

Dec 12, 2017, 12:12 AM

I agree. I have noticed though that the espin announcers get all excited when Etienne gets the ball, already giving him accolades in almost every game.

An embarrassment of riches

Dec 12, 2017, 12:17 AM

That was their quote when he broke free on that long run vs. Loserville.

Re: An embarrassment of riches

Dec 12, 2017, 12:30 AM

Yep. It was when Kirby was with Fowler when he said that. Earlier I've heard Holly R., Joe T. And others already notice his talent. I'm not a fan of any of these people, but I do remember what they say about our players. I never would have guessed that Etienne would have broken Spillers record this year, and still counting. Kid is special with a high ceiling for his position. Hopefully, his numbers next year will leave no doubt. He's an incredible back that should get 20+ touches a game IMO.

Dec 12, 2017, 6:18 AM [ in reply to not if ESPiN won’t hype him. ]

Ah yes the ESPN conspiracy theory. Amazing how we are having the most success in program history and are constantly hyped on ESPN and you want to play the victim card.

Dec 12, 2017, 6:36 AM

Yup this board is obsessed with hating espn. Even when espn doesn’t say anything bad, people on here just make something up to try and start an espn bash.

Dec 12, 2017, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Next year's Clemson Heisman Hopefuls ]

That's assuming that he gets to touch the ball. No doubt if ETN got 20 touches a game, he would be a Heisman favorite.

Dec 12, 2017, 2:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Next year's Clemson Heisman Hopefuls ]

Thanks for posting+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Dec 12, 2017, 2:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Next year's Clemson Heisman Hopefuls ]

Thanks for posting+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

WHat the heck are you doing up at this hour?***

Jan 2, 2013, 8:41 AM

Re: WHat the heck are you doing up at this hour?***

Dec 12, 2017, 7:18 AM

Couldn't sleep so I thought i'd catch up on the board.

Dec 12, 2017, 6:43 AM

No clemson player will win the heisman as long as we keep running the style of offense we run. That’s not a bad thing, but players simply don’t get enough touches to accumulate gaudy stats.

Start with qb. With us being as good as we are, we will have a lot of large second half leads. This means the passing offense basically shuts down. Then the backup comes in. Again not a bad thing for the team, but not good for them individual stats.

The running backs will never win one because they are rotated throughout the game. Unless ETN or feaster are allowed to carry the majority of the load, their stats will just st be mediocre as far as the heisman is concerned.

Last, wide receivers have zero shot. We rotate 3 groups of receivers, nine of them a game. That’s awesome for their development, but horrible for their chances to win a heisman.

If Spiller or DW4 didn't win, I don't think a Clemson player

Dec 12, 2017, 8:24 AM

ever will.

Which is okay, because lately it seems like an award for college football thug of the year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2017, 11:12 AM

I think KB is a solid QB but I just don't see him being a Heisman contender. He takes care of business and gets the job done but there's nothing flashy about his style of play that will excite voters. I hope I'm wrong. As for ETN, maybe, but I think it will be hard for a RB to make a Heisman run in our offense. Our offense is much more likely to showcase a WR or QB.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic