Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Next Head Coot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Next Head Coot

Sep 22, 2019, 12:29 PM

They’re talking about Urban and Mike Leach.
Have they forgotten that Mudbutt was their 3-4th choice???

Nobody wants that job. Their tears are delicious

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next Head Coot

Sep 22, 2019, 12:35 PM

Best they can get is Hugh Freeze.

Sep 22, 2019, 12:36 PM

Leach was up by 32 late in the third quarter last night and lost.

UCLA got 7 TDs in the final 19 minutes of the game.

49-17 became 65-62

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 5:55 PM

Hey just wanted to let you know I’m felling your pain. I’m not so sure Taggart is the right man for the job. We have been their. It ain’t fun.

Sep 22, 2019, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Next Head Coot ]

Leach is a great offensive coach , and the Dirtpeckers probably lean on their " SEC " perch and say that if they brought a guy in like him the available DC market would be falling all over themselves to work in such a great situation .

They're often wrong and completely delusional of course .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 23, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Next Head Coot ]

67-63, I watched the entire game live it was something too behold

Sep 22, 2019, 2:05 PM

You got that right that nobody wants that job.
Not even Gen. Thomas Sumter, the "Carolina Gamecock" who lead the militia in South Carolina during the American Revolutionary would take this job.

Sep 22, 2019, 9:07 PM

Well of course he wouldn't have , because football didn't exist when he was terrorizing the Brits .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think they need a Gamecock to lead them.

Sep 22, 2019, 2:09 PM

I don’t pay attention enough to know who that would be but old coach’s who became legends at other programs is not a healthy long term solution. Those guys see the Gamecocks as a low-pressure pay check. Are there any up and coming coaches in SC that might be excited about the program?

null

Charlie Strong. He's perfect for them & as a USF fan - we

Sep 23, 2019, 10:56 AM

REALLY don't want him any more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 22, 2019, 2:17 PM

If they will pony up a lot of $$$, I will take that job. I can't do much worse than WM is doing. I want a large buyout clause though.

the biggest aspect of their delusion is that they think

Sep 22, 2019, 2:29 PM

those high profile coaches want the job when in reality all they can get is washed up old-timers or rejects. and they made fun of us for hiring dabo.

First - they gotta get the balls to fire Tanner and

Sep 22, 2019, 3:16 PM

Muschamp. Second - Urban Meyer is done coaching...he gave up his dream job at Ohio State so I believe his health issues are real this time. After all, do you know of any coach that would voluntarily give up their dream job to go to coach at a dumpster fire? Third - USuC would do well to stop chasing names they will never get (i.e. Mike Leach, Urban Meyer, any other well known coach) and go for a young coach that is focused on the right things. This Healy cat we played last night would be a great hire but thankfully, the coots are too stupid to realize what they really need to do in order to fix their garbage program.

It will take way more than throwing a ton of money at a flashy coaching hire to fix that dumpster fire. The whole program - from it's culture to it's athletes and player development (both on the field and off) require a major overhaul. These are problems that will take several years to fix before it starts bearing fruit - something that idiot fan base won't accept. To make matters even more difficult for the coots, the location of the school is in a dump of a city that just screams "coaching graveyard"...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Their problems are deep and structural.

Sep 22, 2019, 3:55 PM

Even IF they found a great coach he'd never stay. And looked what happened when they DID have a good coach, Spurrier - he left mid season. The place is a corrupt dump and just a blight on the college landscape. Has been for more than 100 years now.

Re: First - they gotta get the balls to fire Tanner and

Sep 22, 2019, 5:47 PM [ in reply to First - they gotta get the balls to fire Tanner and ]

This is spot on. They’re like a crackhead trying to get a quick fix. They need to go to rehab and then figure out what’s best for that program long term. Though he was unpopular, the new Pres. Caslan may be the one with enough guts to make the tough decisions to turn the dumpster program around. What he does with Tanner will be telling for their near future.

Sep 22, 2019, 11:52 PM

Quit acting like they are rational.
They’re chickens, for Pete’s sake.
Let them stay losers forever. Somebody has to lose. Why not them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 22, 2019, 11:41 PM [ in reply to First - they gotta get the balls to fire Tanner and ]

Muschamp. Second - Urban Meyer is done coaching...he gave up his dream job at Ohio State so I believe his health issues are real this time. After all, do you know of any coach that would voluntarily give up their dream job to go to coach at a dumpster fire? Third - USuC would do well to stop chasing names they will never get (i.e. Mike Leach, Urban Meyer, any other well known coach) and go for a young coach that is focused on the right things. This Healy cat we played last night would be a great hire but thankfully, the coots are too stupid to realize what they really need to do in order to fix their garbage program.

It will take way more than throwing a ton of money at a flashy coaching hire to fix that dumpster fire. The whole program - from it's culture to it's athletes and player development (both on the field and off) require a major overhaul. These are problems that will take several years to fix before it starts bearing fruit - something that idiot fan base won't accept. To make matters even more difficult for the coots, the location of the school is in a dump of a city that just screams "coaching graveyard"...

Urban Meyer would never go to the fake USC in Cootlumbia, but he probably would go to the real USC in LA.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 5:25 PM

South Carolina has never had a coach who was hired away by another school. There have been many that were fired, retired or died on the job. If is well known as the "Graveyard of Coaches". I believe every new coaching hire for the coots is not so much interested in the yearly salary as he is in the buyout clause. Isn't Muschamp's buyout currently in the $18,000,000. range? That will get you a full breakfast and a darn good lunch on most week days and always on Sundays.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 5:34 PM

They may have to wait until after rivalry weekend by captain khaki pants might be available. I can’t think of a better pairing.

Sep 22, 2019, 11:53 PM

LOL. Mr. Khaki Pants will go back to the NFL where he belongs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 22, 2019, 5:44 PM

Is Bobby Petrino available ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 5:49 PM

and that huge buyout. hopefully he goes nowhere

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 6:02 PM

I may be wrong but I think they have a similar problem to the Buckeye's delusion.

The Buckeyes fans thought there was no way Dabo would turn down "The OSU" if he was offered the job, and I think UofSC fans think they can get whoever they want because, "they are in the SEC, the most elite conference in CF!"

ST

Bobby Petrino***

Sep 22, 2019, 8:35 PM

I can't believe Jim Tressell isn't going to be on their

Sep 22, 2019, 8:38 PM

list. He is rotting away as President of Youngstown State. His record of infractions would fit right in with their history in general.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't believe Jim Tressell isn't going to be on their

Sep 22, 2019, 8:59 PM

I bet they could get that YouTube sensation, Gamecock Crackpot. He seems to have his finger on the pulse of Gamecoot football. He’ll, he could do the press conferences from behind the wheel of his Hyundai.

Re: I can't believe Jim Tressell isn't going to be on their

Sep 22, 2019, 11:54 PM

He’s probably MANAFOLD.

Bill Cowher

Sep 22, 2019, 10:55 PM

...remember when his name was thrown around for every job opening....what’s he doing now? Nothing that deals in football I’m guessing.

I say get Jeremy Pruitt

Sep 22, 2019, 11:05 PM

The "zombie coach" would be perfect. He's ALREADY dead!

This is easy

Sep 22, 2019, 11:20 PM

Recently out of work

Military program history for the new military academy president

Offensive mastermind

Paul Johnson

Actually a good hire . . .

Sep 23, 2019, 2:21 AM

. . . for them would be Jeff Monken, the head coach at Army. Maybe Caslen could persuade him to take the job. Their new president, whatever his academic qualifications, does appear to understand the importance of football success.
But before any move like this becomes feasible, Tanner needs to go - be named "AD emeritus" or nudged into retirement - & replaced with a professional AD, preferably one with USC ties & a football background, like, say, Brad Edwards. But before Pres. Caslen can even think about all that, he first has to consolidate his own power & smooth over the furious faculty opposition to his presidency (which so far doesn't seem to be going very well).
And then that buyout . . . whew, good lord!
The upshot - this is all gonna take a while, & things will surely get worse before they get better. And it'll surely be entertaining to watch. At least they haven't reached Tennessee levels of dysfunction . . yet.

Re: Actually a good hire . . .

Sep 23, 2019, 10:35 AM

Look, are you a closet Coot, or what? Get out of here with your reasonable suggestions that might actually work for them. We don't need no stability or possible good times down at Cooterville. :)

Let's get real for just a minute. Urbane was having aneurysm

Sep 23, 2019, 10:19 AM

headaches at Florida and 0310 State. He would literally burst one and die on the sidelines at USuk. I am not kidding. For his own personal health, I hope he has the sense to stay away from there. Otherwise that "Graveyard of Coaches" thing could be added to in a real way again. One coach has already died in the past to get out of there, we don't need to add to it.

Lane Kiffin

Sep 23, 2019, 10:29 AM

I click on ESPN and find an article about Kiffin front and center. It goes into detail about his year at UT, how electric and exciting it was - all the problems were caused by Orgeron and Kiffin has been humbled by the past couple years at FAU. Definitely a PR spin piece. There are a lot of dumpster fires right now and I guess his agent and he are pushing that story to see who'll take the bait. I can 100% see the cucks buying in on that one, with the thought that they can get him on the cheap, while they blow money paying off muskrat. I, for one, welcome that decision and look forward to him turning around that sc program and making them a nationally known name.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27638015/trash-talk-mattress-fires-flying-projector-lane-kiffin-year-tennessee

Kiffin would put them BEYOND dumpster fire status. He would

Sep 23, 2019, 10:32 AM

be on my "Do not hire under ANY circumstances" list. Right below Mooseclamp.

Would Sean Elliot be crazy enough to go back there?***

Sep 23, 2019, 10:52 AM

Sep 23, 2019, 10:59 AM

Urban would never dare take a job where he’d continue to be Dabo’s whipping boy... he knows better than to go to that dumpster fire. Lolz

Sep 23, 2019, 3:34 PM

Charlie Weis isn't real busy these days and worked for Joe Morrison, so?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic