Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New coot receiver pledge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

New coot receiver pledge

Apr 17, 2019, 8:37 AM

Out of respect for families of the affected and children, I will not repeat his name. But, it appears we did not offer him. Anyone know why not?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good not great prospect

Apr 17, 2019, 8:43 AM

He lacks any wiggle like Tee or Justyn. He’s just kind of a tall body. Probably not even on Overton’s level. 5-6 years ago we may have offered.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Take a look at this list, then look at theirs. No comparison

Apr 17, 2019, 8:50 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Updated-Targets-Class-1898064?tstart=192
Dabo is going after the top receivers in the nation, not the best in the Carolinas

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

The fact that we did not offer tells you just how elite our

Apr 17, 2019, 9:20 AM

recruiting has become. Being able to cherry pick talent from a list ABOVE the 24th ranked wideout in the country (per 24/7) is exactly what Dabo envisioned ten years ago when he set out his vision for what he wanted Clemson to be. I'll say it again, enjoy the ride, because it has never been this good, and one day (hopefully awhile from now) it won't be this good again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New coot receiver pledge

Apr 17, 2019, 10:42 AM

Dabo recruits the person first to be as sure as he can be that the young man will fit into the culture of Clemson football. Some young men, though great athletes, are not expected to fit into the scheme and are therefore not recruited. This is not to say any young man not recruited is a bad person at all, it's just that he likely won't work out at Clemson. Seems to be working so let's enjoy it while we can.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 11:26 AM

Tony Morrell said on Mickey’s show that it wasn’t over even though he committed and he was still going to visits. Sounds like a future decommitment.

Apr 17, 2019, 11:45 AM

It's a shame that many people in all walks of life do not understand the meaning of commitment. This young man says he is committed and in the next breath says he is still looking around. This sounds like a "hold my spot and I'll be there if I can't find a better deal".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 11:56 AM

In fairness to this young man, there are many coaches who operate under the same pretenses, including Muschamp. When a school operates with a 'me first' mentality, it's only fair for the kids to act that way, and to expect it.
I'm in agreement though; I hate it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reason we don't offer same players as Scar

Apr 17, 2019, 2:16 PM

We are a big fish school, a national brand and power. We recruit the best of the best in the nation, especially at wide receiver. Scar is a little fish school and competes with other little fish schools for recruits. The only time we ever compete in recruiting is the rare occasions when a big fish is from South Carolina and then it usually comes down to what school the player grew up cheering for. Scar is fortunate enough to not have to compete against us for most recruits so it only has to go against the Tobacco Road schools and midmajor programs for most of it's targets in a small radius around Columbia over the Carolinas and parts of Georgia. It fills in with a few Florida recruits that were unwanted by UF/FSU/UM or any of the other big boy Southeast powers.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic