Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Watson's "unbelievable" ability has national media talking Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Watson's "unbelievable" ability has national media talking Heisman

Jul 13, 2015, 3:10 PM

Watson's "unbelievable" ability has national media talking Heisman

Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson has started just five games in his college career, but NFL scouts and national college football writers agree that Watson has the potential to be in New York City in December. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ubiquitous TNet response: "Water is wet." ;~) Nice article.***

Jul 13, 2015, 3:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not care how good you are

Jul 13, 2015, 3:35 PM

If you can not stay on the field, not a lot of help.

Very impressive young man though.
GO TIGERS.

Having said that , I so hope he stays healthy

Jul 13, 2015, 3:49 PM

would love to see him excell.

Might be silly but, with The Tiger receiving corp coming back, I might be able to throw to them.

DW is a bonus .

He's put on some good lean muscle weight.

Jul 13, 2015, 6:13 PM

Hopefully that and not trying to run him between the tackles a la Cam Newton on QB Power plays like "the Chad" had him doing will allow him to stay healthy. He needs to get what he can and slide. His brain and his arm are his big talents.

all aloud: why award the heisman before the season's over?

Jul 13, 2015, 4:17 PM

heisman hype heaves huge hunks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: New Story: Watson's "unbelievable" ability has national media talking Heisman

Jul 13, 2015, 4:23 PM

Don't forget Ray Ray!!! Weapons to spare at WRU.

Re: New Story: Watson's "unbelievable" ability has national media talking Heisman

Jul 13, 2015, 5:19 PM

Beat FSU (Felons Stand United) and then talk. #gotigers

I agree...we MUST beat FSU this year. No questions asked.***

Jul 13, 2015, 6:15 PM

Jul 13, 2015, 5:42 PM

Sure wish Deshaun had stayed away from the tatoo "artists", but I gues it's just a sign of the times. There will be a lot of folks one day who will regret getting inked up. Never met a WWII vet with them who didn't regret having gotten them, and then try to hide them under clothing when it was possible. Wow, have times changed.

That said, DW is a great young man, and he easily is a top rated QB who has a shot at the Heisman if he stays healthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2015, 6:53 PM

Have you read his tattoos? They are quotes from bible scriptures and the bold one on the right arm says "Glory to God" and behind it a beautiful scripture(my favorite) from Philippians. It's rare for a kid that talented to be that dedicated to Gods word and giving Him Glory.

I think he is setting a great example and may he serve JESUS for the rest of his life. He will always have a reminder. I don't have Tattoos but I wasn't living for God at his age. I was drinking, toking and trying to sleep with as many women as I could. I learned lessons that allow me to witness but for our football team we couldn't have a better leader.(compare him to Jimbo's crab boy..lol)

I think he will win the Heisman this year because he is setting an example for the whole team and it will pay off.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 14, 2015, 8:42 AM

Didn't say anything about the messages inked on his arm. Personally, I don't like tatoos, but it's not my body. I like the fact that, at least if he is going to get tat's, they are Bible verses, but I expect one day he may wish he had rethought his decision to use his body as a chalk board. That goes for Watson and all the rest of society who thinks it's so cool, now. I do recall there is a scripture that says our body is a holy temple and that it should not be desecrated. Just sayin'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dugatiger, i didn't mean for my comment to sound like

Jul 14, 2015, 11:39 AM

This cherry-picking is sometimes reasoned, and sometimes not. Sometimes it’s based on personal taste — I think that’s okay, so we can ignore that law. Everyone does that these days, so it must be fine. I think that’s icky, so we should cite it frequently as sinful. Sometimes it’s based on reasoning — e.g., comparing them to the Greatest Commandments as Jesus laid them out and seeing if they still seem to apply:

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I prefer the latter approach.

So here are 76 things in Leviticus, with verse references, that are banned. It’s by no means exhaustive. As an extension of original list, I’m going to try to include the stated penalties for each act. Consider which of these you (if you’re of such persuasion) think still apply, and which we get a pass on, and why you believe so.

Some of the items specify the penalty or punishment. Many fall back to Leviticus 4 and 5, which lists, based on who commits the sin and whether they knew it was a sin or not, what sort of sacrificial offering animal needs to be given up.

The text except for what’s in [square brackets] is from here.

1. Burning any yeast or honey in offerings to God (2:11) [Normal penalty.]

2. Failing to include salt in offerings to God (2:13) [Normal penalty.]

3. Eating fat (3:17) [That one’s “a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.” All fat is to be saved for offerings to God. Normal penalty.]

4. Eating blood (3:17) [Normal penalty]

5. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve witnessed (5:1) [“They will be held responsible.”]

6. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve been told about (5:1) [Which sounds like hearsay. At any rate, “they shall be held responsible.”]

7. Touching an unclean animal (5:2) [NIV translates this as touching “the carcass” of an unclean animal. So if Rover dies, or you’re a worker in a pork plant, you’re in trouble here. Normal penalty.]

8. Carelessly making an oath (5:4) [Even if you don’t realize you have. Normal penalty.]

9. Deceiving a neighbour about something trusted to them (6:2) [Return the item and a 20% penalty, plus normal penalty.]

10. Finding lost property and lying about it (6:3) [Return the item and a 20% penalty, plus normal penalty.]

11. Bringing unauthorised fire before God (10:1) [God will smite you.]

12. Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6) [“You will die” and God will be angry at everyone. May only apply to the priesthood.]

13. Tearing your clothes (10:6) [“You will die” and God will be angry at everyone. May only apply to the priesthood.]

14. Drinking alcohol in holy places (bit of a problem for Catholics, this ‘un) (10:9) [“You will die.” May only apply to the priesthood.]

15. Eating an animal which doesn’t both chew cud and has a divided hoof (cf: camel, rabbit, pig) (11:4-7) [“You will be unclean.]

16. Touching the carcass of any of the above (problems here for rugby) (11:8) [“You will be unclean.”]

17. Eating – or touching the carcass of – any seafood without fins or scales (11:10-12) [“You will be unclean.”]

18. Eating – or touching the carcass of – eagle, the vulture, the black vulture, the red kite, any kind of black kite, any kind of raven, the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat. (11:13-19) [“You will be unclean.”]

19. Eating – or touching the carcass of – flying insects with four legs, unless those legs are jointed (11:20-22) [“You will be unclean.”]

20. Eating any animal which walks on all four and has paws (good news for cats) (11:27) [“You will be unclean.” Also applies to touching their carcasses.]

21. Eating – or touching the carcass of – the weasel, the rat, any kind of great lizard,the gecko, the monitor lizard, the wall lizard, the skink and the chameleon (11:29) [“You will be unclean.”]

22. Eating – or touching the carcass of – any creature which crawls on many legs, or its belly (11:41-42) [“You will be unclean.”]

23. Going to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy (12:4) [Actually, she’s unclean a week, and then another 33 days. Then she has to offer up a sacrifice.]

24. Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5) [Actually, she’s unclean a week, and then another 66 days. Then she has to offer up a sacrifice.]

25. Having sex with your mother (18:7) [The penalty for all the sexual sins in ch. 18 is that the participants are to be “cut off” from their people. Some have additional penalties mentioned below.]

26. Having sex with your father’s wife (18:8) [In 20:11, both are to be put to death.]

27. Having sex with your sister (18:9) [In 20:17, if you marry her, both are to be “publicly removed from their people”]

28. Having sex with your granddaughter (18:10)

29. Having sex with your half-sister (18:11)

30. Having sex with your biological aunt (18:12-13) [In 20:19, he will be held responsible for the dishonor.]

31. Having sex with your uncle’s wife (18:14) [In 20:20, they are held responsible for the dishonor, “they will die childless”]

32. Having sex with your daughter-in-law (18:15) [In 20:12, both are to be put to death.]

33. Having sex with your sister-in-law (18:16) [In 20:21, if you marry her, “they will be childless.”]

34. Having sex with a woman and also having sex with her daughter or granddaughter (bad news for Alan Clark) (18:17) [No specific penalty given, but per 20:14 if you marry both of them, all three of you are to be “burned in fire.”]

35. Marrying your wife’s sister while your wife still lives (18:18)

36. Having sex with a woman during her period (18:19) [15:24 simply says the man will be considered unclean for 7 days. In 20:18, “Both of them are to be cut off from their people”]

37. Having sex with your neighbour’s wife (18:20) [In 20:10, both are to be put to death.]

38. Giving your children to be sacrificed to Molek (18:21) [In 20:2, the person is to be stoned to death.]

39. Having sex with a man “as one does with a woman” (18:22) [In 20:13, both are to be put to death.]

40. Having sex with an animal (18:23) [In 20:15, both are to be killed.]

41. Making idols or “metal gods” (19:4) [No penalty given.]

42. Reaping to the very edges of a field (19:9) [To be left for the poor. No penalty given.]

43. Picking up grapes that have fallen in your vineyard (19:10) [To be left for the poor. No penalty given.]

44. Stealing (19:11) [No penalty given.]

45. Lying (19:11) [No penalty given.]

46. Swearing falsely on God’s name (19:12) [No penalty given.]

47. Defrauding your neighbour (19:13) [No penalty given.]

48. Holding back the wages of an employee overnight (not well observed these days) (19:13) [No penalty given.]

49. Cursing the deaf or abusing the blind (19:14) [No penalty given.]

50. Perverting justice, showing partiality to either the poor or the rich (19:15) [No penalty given.]

51. Spreading slander (19:16) [No penalty given.]

52. Doing anything to endanger a neighbour’s life (19:16) [No penalty given.]

53. Seeking revenge or bearing a grudge (19:18) [No penalty given.]

54. Mixing fabrics in clothing (19:19) [No penalty given.]

55. Cross-breeding animals (19:19) [No penalty given.]

56. Planting different seeds in the same field (19:19) [No penalty given.]

57. Sleeping with another man’s slave (19:20) [“Due punishment,” but not death, just a ram for sacrifice.]

58. Eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it (19:23) [No penalty given. May only apply to fruit trees planted in Israel.]

59. Practising divination or seeking omens (tut, tut astrology) (19:26) [No penalty, but in 20:6 they will be “cut off from their people” by God. In 20:27, they are to be stoned to death.]

60. Trimming your beard (19:27) [No penalty given.]

61. Cutting your hair at the sides (19:27) [No penalty given.]

62. Getting tattoos (19:28) [No penalty given.]

63. Making your daughter prostitute herself (19:29) [“The land will turn to prostitution.” No other penalty given.]

64. Turning to mediums or spiritualists (19:31) [No penalty given.]

65. Not standing in the presence of the elderly (19:32) [No penalty given.]

66. Mistreating foreigners – “the foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born” (19:33-34) [No penalty given.]

67. Using dishonest weights and scales (19:35-36) [No penalty given.]

68. Cursing your father or mother (punishable by death) (20:9) [Death, as noted.]

69. Marrying a prostitute, divorcee or widow if you are a priest (21:7,13) [No penalty given.]

70. Entering a place where there’s a dead body as a priest (21:11) [I.e., if you’re a priest. No penalty given.]

71. Slaughtering a cow/sheep and its young on the same day (22:28) [May apply only to sacrificial animals. No penalty given.]

72. Working on the Sabbath (23:3) [No penalty given.]

73. Blasphemy (punishable by stoning to death) (24:14) [Death.]

74. Inflicting an injury; killing someone else’s animal; killing a person must be punished in kind (24:17-22) [Killing someone means death. Injuring someone mean punishment in kind. Killing or injuring another’s animal means punishment in kind.]

75. Selling land permanently (25:23) [No penalty given.]

76. Selling an Israelite as a slave (foreigners are fine) (25:42) [No penalty given.]

Quite the list. Not many Christians today would go for all of those … but most would consider some of them as laudable commandments still applicable today.

And for good measure,I’ll add this little bit (Leviticus 35-37):

If any of your fellow Israelites become poor and are unable to support themselves among you, help them as you would a foreigner and stranger, so they can continue to live among you. Do not take interest or any profit from them, but fear your God, so that they may continue to live among you. You must not lend them money at interest or sell them food at a profit.
We all know this was thrown out the window...lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Dugatiger, i didn't mean for my comment to sound like

Jul 14, 2015, 11:49 AM

I didn't think you know what his tattoos said. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I wrote a response and copied a lesson we had with the teenagers at church about the old law and how many of us were taught to cherry pick the old Israelites law from God.

When I copied it after my response above I lost my response somehow! Sorry it came out like that and I didn't check it before sending.

Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Dugatiger, i didn't mean for my comment to sound like

Jul 16, 2015, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Dugatiger, i didn't mean for my comment to sound like ]

That's why we have the New Testament. I think the Old Testament was way too hard to follow and to abey, so we were sent a Gift to set an example for us and to show us the way. Just my thoughts, and that doesn't make me right, nor other opinions wrong, but we have been shown a mighty good way to live our lives. It's up to us whether we do it or not. IMO

Jul 13, 2015, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson's "unbelievable" ability has national media talking Heisman ]

Are you serious? I'm sure there are things about you he wouldn't like. Talking about tattoos geeezzzzz!!! Unbelievable

Jul 14, 2015, 8:45 AM

I am serious. It's just my opinion, though. You don't have to agree. I really don't mind. It is his body, and it's his decision. He certainly can do as he wishes, and so can you.

Jul 13, 2015, 7:15 PM

He has to beware of teams like FSU and UL,they will take dirty
shots to his knees.Probably most teams on our schedule,will try
to get him to the side lines with an ice bag on his knee.If he
can avoid that,the skys the limit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2015, 7:23 PM

Don't understand why these young men and older men/women need to get tatooed up.
We were created in the likeness and image of God so tatoos are not needed to make
a statement or look cool!

You never?

Jul 13, 2015, 7:46 PM

You never participated in an activity or dressed so as to identify with your generation and pronounce the difference between your generation and that of your parents?

My father was a Harley riding greaser in the mid-fifties. I was a long haired freak in the late-sixties. My oldest son wanted to pierce his ear and one of my daughters put green dye in her beautiful, waist long blonde hair.

During the time my father and I had conflict about how long a man's hair should be he died. My view was that if he longed me the length of my hair shouldn't matter. His opinion was that if I loved him I'd cut my hair. After he died I realized we were probably both right but I was the one who suffered the guilt of being wrong.

Don't let ink stop the love.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2015, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson's "unbelievable" ability has national media talking Heisman ]

> Don't understand why these young men and older
> men/women need to get tatooed up.
> We were created in the likeness and image of God so
> tatoos are not needed to make
> a statement or look cool!

Do your wife or daughter have earrings?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2015, 2:21 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson's "unbelievable" ability has national media talking Heisman ]

The fact that yall are this wrapped up in a tattoo or tattoos on a guy shows how behind the times we are as a state. Judge people by character, not image. Or better yet, leave the judgement up to God.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2015, 3:06 AM
image.jpg(58.2 K)

I agree, let's leave up to our Awesome God who summed up the commandments in Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind and the second one is like it, love your neighbor as yourself.

I'm just going to love our Heisman winner as he leads our team to great things this year. Playoffs!

Go Tigers!!

Let’s Go Tigers!

I've never had a tatoo, however, I look at the practice as

Jul 14, 2015, 6:31 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Watson's "unbelievable" ability has national media talking Heisman ]

sort of a fad thing common among our younger folks...many of whom later in life may drive the stock of Magic Erasers through the ceiling! lol

SayinG.. Get ready Boys & Girls to go to the biG 4 game parties & beyond Soon!

Jul 13, 2015, 7:27 PM

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully all this media attention results in our sneaking into the top 15-18 preseason ranks***

Jul 14, 2015, 10:35 AM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic