»
Topic: New Story: Venables says Saturday sets up to be a bloody nose kind of day
Replies: 8   Last Post: Sep 21, 2017 6:36 AM by: jrconnolly
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8   Pages: 1  

New Story: Venables says Saturday sets up to be a bloody nose kind of day

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 2:02 PM

Venables says Saturday sets up to be a bloody nose kind of day

Saturday sets up to be a bloody nose kind of day. No. 2 Clemson plays host to Boston College this Saturday in a 3:30 p.m. matchup, and while the Tigers are favored by four touchdowns or more according to Las Vegas, defensive coordinator Brent Venables says the Eagle offense is physical and can cause problems.
Full Story »

If BC is a Bloody Nose day...next Sat will be Nut Cuttin'...

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 2:08 PM

No doubt.

I remember the Bowden days when BC was

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 2:44 PM

Basically too physical for us. They would beat us up in the trenches. They always over powered us, which would lead to a lesser performance the next week bc were beaten up so much from BC. It didn't matter how good or bad they were they, they were tough. Nowadays WE are the physical ones all the way down to 3rd and 4th string. What a difference coaching makes.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I give high praise to Bowden

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 3:12 PM

for delivering to us Dabo.

It's very hard to understand how wonderful that is.

Dabo is the right man for the job.

null

Re: I remember the Bowden days when BC was

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 3:50 PM

Of course, this didn't exactly change overnight. Dabo's defense was on the field at the Orange Bowl when West Virginia rolled a 70. Not very physical. I think it began to change when BV came in. Even as recently as 2013 the Tiger defense got blown away by FSU. But now it is vey different. The Clemson defense plays fast and furious. I'd be very surprised to see BC do anything on Saturday. They have a plodding offense. Defensively they are better, but still overmatched. I'm thinking 41-7, Tigers.

Re: I remember the Bowden days when BC was

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 4:25 PM

that 2013 beat down was not on the defense but on the offense a strip sack for a TD and 2 int in the 1st half.... all by the same db (Joyner) .... FSU was up 17 - 0 with around 100 yds of offense before Clemson had a 1st down.

Thanks to Dabo for bringing us BV and great program

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 5:42 PM

And yes Bowden did bring us Dabo and Dabo's great attitude and energy...

Re: New Story: Venables says Saturday sets up to be a bloody nose kind of day

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 6:06 PM

Well, we've shown with most every game we can be physical. I see little to change that this Sat. We sure pushed around Looseville. I expect a hard nosed game for awhile, but our strong talent on both sides of the ball will show by the second half, if not sooner.

Re: New Story: Venables says Saturday sets up to be a bloody nose kind of day

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 6:36 AM

Has the staff considered putting a handle on Venables' belt to make the "get back" guy's job a little easier and less obvious?

Replies: 8   Pages: 1  
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: 2 lower deck tickets (just through the tunnel and near the aisle) and parking pass (lot 26). $150 fo...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1989 people have read this post