Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Top storylines of the spring - quarterback race, leadership, special teams and more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Top storylines of the spring - quarterback race, leadership, special teams and more

Feb 13, 2015, 8:01 AM

Top storylines of the spring - quarterback race, leadership, special teams and more

Spring practice is just around the corner, and despite the fact that Clemson is being mentioned for a run at the College Football Playoff there are still a lot of questions to be answered. Some of those questions won't be answered until the fall, but the spring will start the process. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orlando Jones?

Feb 13, 2015, 8:47 AM

Should be Oliver Jones I think

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's taylor hearn if we're correcting people this moanin'...***

Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You da man David Hood, I don't care what that other Clemson

Feb 13, 2015, 9:24 AM

website says about you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Just seems like a waste of talent to have Jim Brown snapping can't ...

Feb 13, 2015, 9:57 AM

He still play RB?

Re: Just seems like a waste of talent to have Jim Brown snapping can't ...

Feb 13, 2015, 11:06 AM

Speaking of RBs, check out this piece that is on 247. If you haven't seen it, its a good little read.

http://clemson.247sports.com/Article/Tavien-Feaster-could-be-the-final-piece-to-a-Clemson-title-run-35616101

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just seems like a waste of talent to have Jim Brown snapping can't ...

Feb 13, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Just seems like a waste of talent to have Jim Brown snapping can't ... ]

All the coaches need to do is insert Brad Tatkos in the long snapper position and they will get outstanding results. He is very quick and accurate!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr Hood..I was in a good Friday morning mood,

Feb 13, 2015, 11:07 AM

then , I read your article. I am stressed out on so many fronts! It sounds like the whole team is in trouble. Now please understand that, since I haven't had my meds yet today, I tend to be easily over-affected by external stimuli.

I was coasting along happily in my post top 5 recruiting class bliss, with visions of trophies dancing in my head when I started reading your piece. As I moved further through the article, I found myself halfway through eating the left over pizza that I brought to the office for today's lunch. Mind you it is 830 in the morning here in the Valley of the Sun. Instead of trophies , I have visions of,

short kick offs,
deep snaps over the heads of unknown punters,
punts dropped by unknown punt return dudes,
true freshman offensive linemen forced into starting roles,
a defensive line with no "anchor" guy,
total confusion at tight end,
oh no..the linebackers, what about the linebackers,
and no spring work for deshawn and his new group of receivers..

My stomach hurts, but that could be the anchovies, I am ok with cold pizza...but usually don't do it with anchovies. It is doing a good job of keeping people out of my office this morning.

Just when I was about to go off the deep end...my meds have started to kick in and I have simply moved on to the little debbies I brought for an afternoon snack. They usually calm the storms.

The story really was eye opening for me Mr. Hood. Clemson sits in a great place in the football program right now, but you have done an excellent job of pointing out how important it is for this team and our Coaches to take advantage of spring ball!

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. OL could be problematic.

Feb 13, 2015, 12:51 PM

I'm not worried about the defense.

Re: Mr Hood..I was in a good Friday morning mood,

Feb 13, 2015, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Mr Hood..I was in a good Friday morning mood, ]

;) I don't know how old you are Esso, but in my 62 years of life. I have been through 52 off seasons and every ### one of them sounds the same for all college team in the country. Take all the sky has fallen with a grain salt and know this, every team has to move around players to fill holes every season. By the end of September most all will be well, and with all the incredible talent we have, we will be a pretty ### good team through October and November again. Great talent is the ingredients for a great team. Put them on a practice field, mix them in all together, pour them out on the game time field and let them shake and bake!!!

Any updates on Travis Blanks? I'd think he could maybe

Feb 13, 2015, 12:37 PM

step in and fill that leadership void...thoughts?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any updates on Travis Blanks? I'd think he could maybe

Feb 13, 2015, 12:43 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Clemson-DB-spring-ACL-surgery-18554

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

wamp wamp...forgot about that...thanks for the reminder***

Feb 13, 2015, 12:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blanks

Feb 14, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Any updates on Travis Blanks? I'd think he could maybe ]

I feel bad for him.
I think he has a long ways to go.
Blanks.

As does WR, Peake.

Re: New Story: Top storylines of the spring - quarterback race, leadership, special teams and more

Feb 13, 2015, 2:53 PM

David, don't worry about the long snapper position because the team has a very good one in Brad Tatkos out of Greenwood, S.C. I have watched his progress and he is outstanding. Keep your eyes open for him in Spring Ball.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why bring race into it?

Feb 13, 2015, 3:57 PM

Don't we have enough trouble with the Tillman Hall controversy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why bring race into it?***

Feb 13, 2015, 4:03 PM

Re: New Story: Top storylines of the spring - quarterback race, leadership, special teams and more

Feb 13, 2015, 5:26 PM

Why would the race of our qb be a headline? It's 2015 people!

Key to 2015

Feb 14, 2015, 1:35 PM

IMO...
the key to the 2015 season, will be the offensive line.
I expect the staff will find a solid starting 5, which
is probably: Battle, MacLain, Norton, Crowder and Gore.
But what about depth?
Does Guillimero start at center, moving Norton to guard?
Can Hearn and Falcinelli make a huge impact?

And while I didn't see a true freshman OL playing this year,
I now don't rule out that possibility.

At guard, I think we have some possibilities. It's tackle that
worries me.
So sure,
get the OL in good shape, and we should be ready to go.

Agree?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic